Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

What's the best way to get BLM Body seals?

I obtained 9 Jewels of Ardor whilst soloing Ironclad Severer on my BST. I didn't stop to consider the effort it might take to get the seals, which I didn't have yet. I have 1 BLM body seal I got from a Dominion Op.

So what do you think would be the best way to get the remaining 9 seals via a pickup group? Farming a pop for Amarok seems like kind of a pain. Ditto for Chione; it seems like it'd take a while to find and kill the elemental for the first tier VNM, kill Chione, then start over. That leaves Teugghia. The Naiad's Lock is fairly cheap to buy and the Unseelie Eye, I dunno, doesn't seem like it could be TOO hard to farm (just drops off regular mobs after all), though something that can cast high tier BLM -ga spells instantly sounds a little scary.

I dunno. Can't really make up my mind, and I don't have a lot of experience running this kind of thing. What do you folks think?
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Teugghia is the best. I'm not sure about how well a pickup group would work as it takes a bit of technique to do well. Unseelie eye is easy to farm.

Some groups have big trouble trying to fight it close to where it pops - they inevitably get tons of adds. The best way is to have a thf pop it while everyone is at the entrance to the zone. Pull it back up to the top and when in range of someone who can voke it off you, flee to the flux to depop all of the adds.

With good healing, don't worry about the -gas. You need to react quick to its hate reset move.
    (0)

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I haven't started to work on my blm seals yet, but i am after Chione for a few of the seals/earrings. I planned on farming up a t2 pop in another zone (la theine probably) then popping it in altep. Those elementals take like 10x longer to kill XD
    Sure there's a bit of legwork involved, but i'm not in a huge hurry.

I prefer Amarok over Teugghia, but i've never been a fan of mean mage mobs.
    (0)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I personally went the Amarok route since Chione was overcamped as f**k when I attempted. Tiger King Hide's on the whole are a lot cheaper than they were a few months back so the prices aren't unreasonable (least on Asura) and farming the sharabha hide nets you some BLM hand seals as well (you could always opt to buy it from AH though if you dont wanna fight Sharabha or if you already have your BLM hands +1 and +2 sorted already).
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Hmm. I can probably convince some friends and LS mates to do Teugghia if I pester them enough. How many folks you suppose I'd need to pull it off?
    (0)

Teughia can be a real bitch unless you have a BLU stunning for you, or maybe a good rdm/blm with a brd for marches. Stun orders are fine but aren't as reliable as 1 person who only has the 1 job of stunning. Our group did Chione every time it was up while we were killing Apademak. Chione is by far the easiest mob to kill, and you're not guaranteed to upgrade your abyssite after each kill, so 2 people with colourful might be enough.
    Amarok is fairly simple, but can be expensive. Especially if you're soloing on BST, or buying pop sets for all people who are helping. Best to shout for people who need the other seals to help if you do this route.
    Standard setup of thf/nin blm/brd whm will get you win on Chione or Amarok. Throw in a blu and even a nin if you want to cover every yellow proc. Like I said, Teugghia will need more stuns so blu highly recommended, though she might be easier at 99.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 01-10-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Damn. I was hoping this post would make the decision easier. Teugghia is easiest to spawn, but hardest to kill. Chione sounds like a little harder to spawn because you have to fight the tier 1 VNM first, then you might have to fight it again after each Chione kill. Amarok you can "bribe your way to victory" so to speak and buy a pop set, but it's expensive, but the NM is not so tough.

Thinking it through mathematically.... Amarok pop set costs 100,000 gil on Carbuncle, though we could probably save 20,000 by farming the H.Q. Dhalmel Hide on site. So let's say 80,000. Amarok can drop up to 4 BLM seals and I need 9 (like I said I already have one from a Dominion Op). Optimistic cost is 240,000 gil for 3 fights. Pessimistic cost is 10 fights for 800,000 gil. Which isn't terribly hard to scratch up. After all, I scraped up something like 9 million for scrolls for 3 jobs + geodes for 9 staves after the October update.
    (0)

Character
    Vxsote
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Chione is easy, and half the people popping her only want the upgrade so they can pop Ogo for colorless souls. Find one of these groups and ask to join.

If you want to pop her yourself, then go for it. If you get an upgrade, that is a score, not an inconvenience (people will pay you to pop your T3 for them). If you really don't want to mess with the T3, then don't pop it, and your next colorful won't upgrade. Do farm up your colorful in a different zone, though, like others have said.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well I've resolved to go after Amarok. I decided the expense of the pop set isn't really an issue since I've got a couple million gil and nothing much to spend it on anyway. I bought 5 pop sets (1 for my main and muled the other 4). Now I just gotta get a team to do the fight and trigger yellow.

Thanks all for your input. You've made equally compelling points for all 3 choices.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Finally took care of this. Turned out I had 3 seals, not 1. Got 4 more in a pickup group run by a guy who was farming Orthrus for some +2 items and claws for some WAR. Got the last 3 by forming my own pickup party fairly quickly through Jeuno yelling. Did Amarok with NIN WHM BLM DRK and BLU. BLU just ran in for yellow triggers. DRK was probably superfluous, but he still made the kills go by faster. Got lucky that the yellow trigger was never Threnody.

Now I gotta work on feet. That's gonna suck because I don't even have the base piece yet. :Q
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast