Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Haste
    It's haste, what really needs said here? Everyone loves it, and it should be used on everyone. I've seen a few people want it to be scaled with enhancing skill, and personally I'm against it. If they did, it'd advocate whm/sch more for a stronger potency haste.
    Proposed change: Change it to 5% haste, scales to 20% at 500 skill and watch everyone cry.
    So you think it is ok that a level 48 (or less /WHM) job should be able to cast haste for full effect? The same potency as a job at level 99 can do?

It is an easy fix, anything over 200 skill increases the potency of the spell, this means that if someone casts it in 500 skill it is actually distinctly better than the BRD/RDM casting it. (the fact BRD/RDM can cap magic haste on its own is pretty retarded.)

Or they can just make it potency based the entire way, 100 Skill per 5% haste, caps at 25%.

(or they could just give RDM and WHM Haste 2 @ 25% and call it a day.)
    (1)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageoholic View Post
    So you think it is ok that a level 48 (or less /WHM) job should be able to cast haste for full effect? The same potency as a job at level 99 can do?
    A naked level 99 (w/ magey sub) can cast with full potency of the main job, in no particular order...

Protect 1/2/3, shell 1/2, bar-ailment, aquaveil, blink, stoneskin*, haste, regen 1/2, refresh, sneak/invis/deodorize and 5/8 -storm spells.
    */49RDM has 144 enhancing skill and appropriate stats would require an additional ~35-40 MND to cap stoneskin

This list increases to 38 spells if we consider /SCH using light arts, as it becomes easier to cap out 500 enhancing skill.

- spikes, en-tier1, phalanx1. (stoneskin here at full potency if /SCH)

So why should haste be any different?

Personally I'm against scaling haste with enhancing skill and whilst an increase in duration might be nice, it seems more like a niche improved more via RDM's set bonus, or a SCH using perpetuance. That said, I think a 5% minimum potency suffices, although I don't agree with a maximum potency of 25%, as I feel that it would pigeonhole more jobs into /sch for an automatic higher enhancing skill.

edit:// Grammar
    (2)
    Last edited by Aleste; 02-02-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    A naked level 99 (w/ magey sub) can cast with full potency of the main job, in no particular order...

Protect 1/2/3, shell 1/2, bar-ailment, aquaveil, blink, stoneskin*, haste, regen 1/2, refresh, sneak/invis/deodorize and 5/8 -storm spells.
    */49RDM has 144 enhancing skill and appropriate stats would require an additional ~35-40 MND to cap stoneskin

This list increases to 38 spells if we consider /SCH using light arts, as it becomes easier to cap out 500 enhancing skill.

- spikes, en-tier1, phalanx1. (stoneskin here at full potency if /SCH)

So why should haste be any different?

Personally I'm against scaling haste with enhancing skill and whilst an increase in duration might be nice, it seems more like a niche improved more via RDM's set bonus, or a SCH using perpetuance. That said, I think a 5% minimum potency suffices, although I don't agree with a maximum potency of 25%, as I feel that it would pigeonhole more jobs into /sch for an automatic higher enhancing skill.

edit:// Grammar
    i really think more magic should be Enhancing skill dependend. I mean comon the only 2 spells that are enhancing skill dependend are barspells and boost/gain spells and they cap at 500 enhancing magi skill (if you dont cap on stonekins at lvl 99 I dont know what to say ¬.¬). However the last thing I would like to see is gimping the spells for other mages that sub whm or rdm. I would rather like to see an enhancement in duration on spells like haste shell etc. (like it does that on barspells).

Maybe add Haste II that caps at 25% and is dependend on enhancing magic skill. Stoneskin II wouldnt be bad either. Its just a bit depressen haveing all this enhancing magic skill+ gear on me and it only being usefull for 2 spelltypes I use -_-
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Maybe add Haste II that caps at 25% and is dependend on enhancing magic skill.
    Part of the issue is that SE has stated they have a limited number of spell slots to work with. That's part of the reason people are so hot and bothered to have spells like Aquaveil, Blink, and Stoneskin increase in effectiveness with skill.

Still, if there was a Haste II maybe it should cap out at 30% and stack with Haste. I'm joking... sheesh.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Part of the issue is that SE has stated they have a limited number of spell slots to work with. That's part of the reason people are so hot and bothered to have spells like Aquaveil, Blink, and Stoneskin increase in effectiveness with skill.

Still, if there was a Haste II maybe it should cap out at 30% and stack with Haste. I'm joking... sheesh.
    They say that, then add junk that they could save space on. Such as the same spell line but in single-target and AoE form. That'd free up 15+ spaces by just using the same spell for both jobs.
    (2)

Character
    Kitheren
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I wouldn't mind haste lasting longer. Back in HNM days it was the RDM hasting people, not the WHM. Now it's the WHM. I see so many of them not even bothering. So figure my party is set up with me (WHM), a BRD or COR (or both, sometimes) and the rest DDs. That is a lot of hasting. By the time I'm done with my haste cycle (keep in mind I am hasting in my haste gear which is like 26% haste!) I have about a minute to rest up until I have to start it over again. I'm not asking for a HUGE increase in the duration but even a minute would make a huge difference! Don't really need haste to give more haste though. Just want a longer duration.

Also, stuff like Boost STR... why do I never see WHMs casting it? With 500 ENH you give your DDs (or w/e) +25 of that trait! It makes a difference.
    (0)
    Kitheren of Valefor
    Married to Valkarie
    ~*Thank you everyone who helped me with my Mjollnir!*~

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitheren View Post
    I wouldn't mind haste lasting longer. Back in HNM days it was the RDM hasting people, not the WHM. Now it's the WHM. I see so many of them not even bothering. So figure my party is set up with me (WHM), a BRD or COR (or both, sometimes) and the rest DDs. That is a lot of hasting. By the time I'm done with my haste cycle (keep in mind I am hasting in my haste gear which is like 26% haste!) I have about a minute to rest up until I have to start it over again. I'm not asking for a HUGE increase in the duration but even a minute would make a huge difference! Don't really need haste to give more haste though. Just want a longer duration.

Also, stuff like Boost STR... why do I never see WHMs casting it? With 500 ENH you give your DDs (or w/e) +25 of that trait! It makes a difference.
    sounds like you pt with some shitty whms
    (4)

Character
    Kitheren
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    sounds like you pt with some shitty whms
    Lazy ones, yeah.
    (0)
    Kitheren of Valefor
    Married to Valkarie
    ~*Thank you everyone who helped me with my Mjollnir!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post

Stoneskin.
    Caps at 350 and has done so since the level 75 cap. Basically, I'd like to see this closer to 600 with gear that boosts Stoneskin being more effective. I'm also open to the idea of a Stoneskin II with the stoneskin effect regenerating if it's not completely broken.

Blink.
    More shadows relative to Enhancing skill like Blue Mage's Occulation would be nice.
    I completely agree with this. Stoneskin has not ramped with the level cap increase and needs to be adjusted. A cap to ~600 not including gear would be reasonable. Capping at 600 with gear I feel is still too low at 99. Not sure about the regeneration as that is a pretty powerful effect. Stoneskin II isn't needed if Stoneskin calculations are revamped correctly.

Another option if they don't want to raise the cap is lower the casting time by half, reduce the recast time and extend the duration to 30 min. The whole reason we have it up is because we are squishy and need another layer of protection.

Blink with more shadows at higher levels would also be welcome.
    (0)
    Last edited by Elaric; 04-12-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    Elaric
    Carbuncle
    ~Love for the Melee WHM~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4