Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The point is that they shouldn't be choosing what things to fix, and what to leave broken. They should be employing enough programmers to fix them all.

Edit: http://www.freeiconsweb.com/ it's really not that hard to make a crappy low res icon for each effect.
    If they say they have room to add more new zones etc. then I highly doubt that space is whats stopping them from adding a few icons.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    If they say they have room to add more new zones etc. then I highly doubt that space is whats stopping them from adding a few icons.
    There is limits on how many of something they can have, hence reaching the cap on spells they can add. Unless they change this then yes, there is limits.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    There is limits on how many of something they can have, hence reaching the cap on spells they can add. Unless they change this then yes, there is limits.
    So what your saying is that they can have 30 icons on your screen, for 30 different effects .... and they have room to store the icons, but they have no way to call them?
    (0)

So what your saying is that they can have 30 icons on your screen, for 30 different effects .... and they have room to store the icons, but they have no way to call them?
    It's not a memory issue, it's an indexing issue. They index spells with an 8-bit number, I think, which would limit them to 256 total spells. It's extremely easy to just change that to a 9-bit or 16-bit number, it just means going through and adding a few 0's to the beginning of existing spell indexes. They have done this before for zone indexes as well.

The issue is that SE Devs seem to think that people are stupid and don't know how compooters work gud and thus use silly things like 8-bit indexing as a reason for why they can't do something. Then again, considering it took them damn near 10 years to institute a 101-level programming trick for item storage (any sophomore undergrad CS student could've designed porter slips), it's damned obvious that SE fired or reassigned all of its primary coders for FFXI shortly after the initial release and everyone else is just working with pre-built toolkits.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4