Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Thanks for making valid points for me while trying to insult me.
    Insult?! My apologies, I was only paying homage; please pardon the confusion. So if paying homage to you means I am bad at FFXI, so be it. You have spoken, let it be know that anyone that listens to or finds advice from wish useful, is bad at FFXI.

Nonetheless, I did read your response... However being able to clearly see the icon myself I feel there is no need to adjust it. I would rather see that time spent making unique icons for the standard buff icon that SE is constantly reusing.

Edit: Also as a random thought. Maybe SE decided upon 4+ in the event that they add :San and are unable to add any new icons.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bulrogg; 01-13-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    My point is, as a paying customer, I want them to fix everything that's broke, and not be told there's limitations, or if we fix this we won't have a budget to fix that. If it's broke, it should be fixed, anything else to me is unacceptable. Also, it's not much what I am asking, and they added the counter feature in the first place, so I expect them to maintain it by making it an accurate expression of the number of shadows up, and not be misleading and incorrect. By you saying that it's no biggie, you are shooting yourself in the foot and giving them a pass at fixing what's broke. I said before, they need to fix this and if they don't then what else aren't they gonna fix? Seriously, they can't fix that? Why put up with it?
    It's a well known fact they don't have the staff they used to. If me saying "it doesn't need fixing" gives them free pass to skip it, then fine! I'll accept that. As I said, and will say time and time again, fix truly broken things not just a daft image that displays what it needs too with 4+. This allows them free pass if they add 'Enhances "Utsusemi" Effect' to anything else, and DOESN'T waste their limited space for status icons.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If they got time to shorten chocobo racing re-entry timers, while nice for the few that use the chocobo circuit, they can spend a few hours and adjust this counter. It's extremely bazaar that they released the upgraded Utsusemi effect, without first adjusting the icon counter. I don't find this acceptable, that the information in the game is incorrectly displayed.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Red, Green or Yellow text. Fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Its not easy to fix because if you think about it, it has to keep checking if you have those shoes on when you casted, it isnt a case of throwing in another icon. It will take up resources.

I just do not see the point in it, you just read it as "I have 4 or more", as like said ,it goes 4 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

If it says 2, you dont have 3, you have 2 because it still counts correctly.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post
    Its not easy to fix because if you think about it, it has to keep checking if you have those shoes on when you casted, it isnt a case of throwing in another icon. It will take up resources.
    Lol?
    It absolutely has NOT to do that lol.
    The game is PERFECTLY able to know how many shadows you have in a certain moment, it just doesn't tell you.
    Before the game made a very simple and binary distinction of statuses.
    1) You have Utsusemi (no matter how many left)
    2) You don't have Utsusemi

Which is the case with the majority of buff icons, it's not some random thing lol
    There was an icon associated with status 1), and the game engine was loading that icon whenever you had Utsusemi up.

They changed that to a more articulated situation, now the game makes a distinction between these situations:
    1) You have 4 or more shadows
    2) You have 3 shadows
    3) You have 2 shadows
    4) You have 1 shadow
    5) You have no shadow

To address this issue they would have to add a SIXTH status, splitting the 1st into: 1) You have 4 shadows, 2) You have 5 or more shadows.
    After that they would just need to create a new icon in addition to the 4 existing ones, and associate the new icon to the newly created status.

What you're talking of is what a THIRD party application that relies on chat log would need to.
    Such an application does NOT know how many shadows you have, it can only read the battle text appearing in the chatbox, and therefore reading the messages related to Utsusemi: Ni it would be unable to tell if you get 4 shadows or 5 because it wouldn require additional checks on the feet slot.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    If they got time to shorten chocobo racing re-entry timers, while nice for the few that use the chocobo circuit, they can spend a few hours and adjust this counter. It's extremely bazaar that they released the upgraded Utsusemi effect, without first adjusting the icon counter. I don't find this acceptable, that the information in the game is incorrectly displayed.
    A brick wall gets it sooner. Again, repeat after me: "it's NOT incorrectly displayed."

Incorrectly displayed would be:

Or:

NOT

4+

It's not as specific as it could be but it is by no means incorrect.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 01-19-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    A lot of what they've done recently is a waste, That's not the subject of the topic.
    It's done the right way, I don't want them wasting even more status icons on one spell when it's FINE the way it is now, I'd much rather, as another poster said, they worked on the buffs that all use the same icon over this non-entity of a so-called problem.
    The point is that they shouldn't be choosing what things to fix, and what to leave broken. They should be employing enough programmers to fix them all.

Edit: http://www.freeiconsweb.com/ it's really not that hard to make a crappy low res icon for each effect.
    (0)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 01-19-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The point is that they shouldn't be choosing what things to fix, and what to leave broken. They should be employing enough programmers to fix them all.

Edit: http://www.freeiconsweb.com/ it's really not that hard to make a crappy low res icon for each effect.
    It does take space though, which is limited.
    (0)

The number of status effects in the game probably is limited if it follows the trend of batshit terrible coding that a lot of other things in the game are limited by (herp derp global limit on the amount of recast timers in the game). Of course, it's not remotely difficult to change the limit - it's just a matter of them doing so.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast