Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    /aswish12oz: What are you fighting that you still need shadows for?

...and I too thought the current icons were 4+, 4, 3, 2, 1. If so, what's the need for the adjustment? I'd rather see unique icons for some of the buffs that have the standard buff icon.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post

...and I too thought the current icons were 4+, 4, 3, 2, 1. If so, what's the need for the adjustment? I'd rather see unique icons for some of the buffs that have the standard buff icon.
    Just cast it, it does say 4+ I thought I was going blind.
    (0)

The sad part is how true this statement is, what do we do in FFXI?
    Abyssea? who uses utsusemi there?
    Voidwatch? in groups worth going with you can full time fanatics.

Thanks for making valid points for me while trying to insult me, it shows how bad you are at FFXI. It also shows you didn't bother to read the thread since you missed my response.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    OK, i see some of you think it's a waste of time for SE to correctly implement this, but for those of you who are ok with bullshit, here's all I have to say. SE, pay attention here please,
    1. The counter is there for a reason, to have it not correctly read is totally stupid, if it's not correct then fix it or get rid of of it.
    2. To anyone thinking the DEV need spend time doing other things, this is what I have to say. SHAME ON YOU. SHAME ON YOU for allowing SE to think that you will accept this half-assed counter.

It's because people are so willing to accept things like a counter that's not correct that half the shit in this game is bat shit screwy. Stand up, and demand that they get these things right, we aren't talking about a debate here, everyone knows the counter is wrong and doesnt properly reflext the amount of shadows up. Further more, it's not so much about the counter, than it is about keeping the game accountable. If they can't fix the counter then what else are they not going to do? That's my problem. You let them get away with this and who knows what else they won't fix. 14 is a sloppy mess and I don't need more of it in 11.

It is completely unacceptable for things like this not to be repaired/fixed. There's no excuse for the counter to not be fixed, I don't care if it takes 1,000men 1,000 hours to fix (we all know it won't), stand up and don't take this. Stop drooling over every crumb SE drops, and demand quality for your money.

The counter is broken, there is no debate, fix it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 01-11-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    OK, i see some of you think it's a waste of time for SE to correctly implement this, but for those of you who are ok with bullshit, here's all I have to say. SE, pay attention here please,
    1. The counter is there for a reason, to have it not correctly read is totally stupid, if it's not correct then fix it or get rid of of it.
    2. To anyone thinking the DEV need spend time doing other things, this is what I have to say. SHAME ON YOU. SHAME ON YOU for allowing SE to think that you will accept this half-assed counter.

It's because people are so willing to accept things like a counter that's not correct that half the shit in this game is bat shit screwy. Stand up, and demand that they get these things right, we aren't talking about a debate here, everyone knows the counter is wrong and doesnt properly reflext the amount of shadows up. Further more, it's not so much about the counter, than it is about keeping the game accountable. If they can't fix the counter then what else are they not going to do? That's my problem. You let them get away with this and who knows what else they won't fix. 14 is a sloppy mess and I don't need more of it in 11.

It is completely unacceptable for things like this not to be repaired/fixed. There's no excuse for the counter to not be fixed, I don't care if it takes 1,000men 1,000 hours to fix (we all know it won't), stand up and don't take this. Stop drooling over every crumb SE drops, and demand quality for your money.

The counter is broken, there is no debate, fix it.
    Dramatic, over the top nonsense is still nonsense.

I would rather they work on something we actually need, NOT a pointless thing like this. You thinking this is what's wrong with the game is your fault, not mine.

It's NOT broken.

Not as clear as it could be but NOT broken.

4+ it says 4+ it's SIMPLE!!!!! It's working as intended.
    (0)

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm just glad they added numbers to it in the first place. Way back in the day you actually had to count the lost shadows as they got knocked off in the chat window, total pain in the ass. Seeing "4" for 2 shadows isn't the hardest thing to deal with.
    It would be kinda neat if they changed the icon to just a big 5,4,3,2,1....

I'd rather see unique icons for some of the buffs that have the standard buff icon.
    This would be nice.
    (0)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Like I said: "This is a WASTE of a Developers time"
    After everythign else they've done, you think this is the waste of time?
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Daniel, having them do things the right way is not nonsense, and giving them excuses as to why things are obviusly broken and shouldn't be fixed isnt helping anything, this, or future things that need to be fixed.
    (0)
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    After everythign else they've done, you think this is the waste of time?
    A lot of what they've done recently is a waste, That's not the subject of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Daniel, having them do things the right way is not nonsense, and giving them excuses as to why things are obviusly broken and shouldn't be fixed isnt helping anything, this, or future things that need to be fixed.
    It's done the right way, I don't want them wasting even more status icons on one spell when it's FINE the way it is now, I'd much rather, as another poster said, they worked on the buffs that all use the same icon over this non-entity of a so-called problem.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    My point is, as a paying customer, I want them to fix everything that's broke, and not be told there's limitations, or if we fix this we won't have a budget to fix that. If it's broke, it should be fixed, anything else to me is unacceptable. Also, it's not much what I am asking, and they added the counter feature in the first place, so I expect them to maintain it by making it an accurate expression of the number of shadows up, and not be misleading and incorrect. By you saying that it's no biggie, you are shooting yourself in the foot and giving them a pass at fixing what's broke. I said before, they need to fix this and if they don't then what else aren't they gonna fix? Seriously, they can't fix that? Why put up with it?
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 01-12-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast