Thread: The RolanMart

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

The RolanMart

So.. has the Dev team made a decision on whether or not to bring this back yet?

While i didn't think it was necessary at first, with all the ppl selling various things like heavy metals and silver mirrors, And the shear number of ppl selling dynamis currency/items, the streets of Jeuno are getting quite flooded with afk bazaars. To the point now where i would support bringing it back.
    (16)

Seems that there is still a big RolanMart on our server, along with a bunch of folks in Jeuno, selling their Dyna currency and Sky god pops. Shouts/yells for that stuff too.
    (1)

I never really understood why rolanmart was ever stopped on my server, it only happened since the second server merge and the only reason was the other server used the Gardens so everyone on my server followed suite, I preferred it in Rolan since it was easier to just stand and look at everyone instead of running arround in the Garden to see if anyone has what you need
    (4)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The Dev team never, ever had control over the Rolanberry Bazaar. It was a system designed by the players.

When Lower Jeuno was the center of the world (and even when it shifted to Whitegate), people sat outside the city to open bazaars because Jeuno still had a tax on bazaar'd items. In response to this, you could set your character outside the city gates to bypass the tax.

Once the update came that removed the tax, there was no reason to bazaar outside the city. People could sell their wares, tax free, in any part of the city.
    (17)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    So.. has the Dev team made a decision on whether or not to bring this back yet?

While i didn't think it was necessary at first, with all the ppl selling various things like heavy metals and silver mirrors, And the shear number of ppl selling dynamis currency/items, the streets of Jeuno are getting quite flooded with afk bazaars. To the point now where i would support bringing it back.
    Really I have to ask: Who the hell wants this back? Why should I have to walk out of town to shop bazaars when they can be in town and I don't have to walk as far or zone out? I was SO HAPPY when the tax removal made bazaars move back inside.

Whoever came up with the idea of congregating outside of town in the first place should be shot.

There is no tax in town therefore no reason to bazaar outside of town. Why anybody actually liked this is beyond my comprehension.
    (5)

Player
    People should just use the Chocobo Circuit. Every mule can access it, and every nation in the game can zone there. Not like that location is being used for anything else these days.

Just need to add a Nomad Moogle and dbox NPC.
    (12)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Really I have to ask: Who the hell wants this back? Why should I have to walk out of town to shop bazaars when they can be in town and I don't have to walk as far or zone out? I was SO HAPPY when the tax removal made bazaars move back inside.

Whoever came up with the idea of congregating outside of town in the first place should be shot.

There is no tax in town therefore no reason to bazaar outside of town. Why anybody actually liked this is beyond my comprehension.
    Except thanks to Jeuno being the place to AFK, character models won't always load meaning you're SOL if your rig doesn't display all the bazaars.

Rolanberry Fields is completely empty, lag free and all mules are visible without having to move around to see the hidden models. Choco Circuit would be even more ideal but tax makes it a no-go.
    (18)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Rolanberry Fields is completely empty, lag free and all mules are visibl
    Umm, actually, no it wasn't. The last time we had Batallia Downsmart (where it was on shiva), there were so many mules there that it was in no way lag free nor were all the mules visible.

Also, on my server most of the bazaars have been in upper jeuno which is not heavily trafficked.

Choco Circuit would be even more ideal but tax makes it a no-go.
    The tax was specifically put there to prevent that, sadly. increasing the traffic in that zone would have increased the number of people who would potentially stop to see/participate in the races.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Jeuno tax needs do be reimplemented. I will remove nearly 50% of the people in every zone. Except upper, no one cares about upper.
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Except thanks to Jeuno being the place to AFK, character models won't always load meaning you're SOL if your rig doesn't display all the bazaars.

Rolanberry Fields is completely empty, lag free and all mules are visible without having to move around to see the hidden models. Choco Circuit would be even more ideal but tax makes it a no-go.
    But I'm lazy.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast