Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The only time I'm not in my haste set in abyssea is if I'm weakened for whatever reason (ie: tanking Isgebind and it did a blizzaga4>flail combo)
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    But, like Nynja trolled, if you're in abyssea and you have a mage with you, especially a whm, there's no need to use an eva set, just use the haste set and kill it faster.
    Even without a WHM. I've solod lots of NMs in Abyssea in full Haste gear. There's really no need to TP in anything else.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Aanalaty
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Whats been said. If you are fighting ANY content designed pre-99 thf is basically auto capped. I toss on eva gear after i get hate and i turn around to hold it while waiting for procs to go off. Mostly out of habit, but i figure it cant hurt.

As for my 'tanking' set, even on hard mobs its still my haste build with eva macrod into ichi casts and kiting gear (speed boots+eva gear). The only time i regularly use full eva gear is if im silenced, petrified, nightmare slept (damage wont wake you) or some other situation where I am unable to cast more shadows for whatever reason and need to either extend my existing ones until someone fixes me (silence, stona etc) or im stuck with shadows down temporarily(again, silence, stoned etc).

As for 'hard' mobs where evasion isnt capped, i would never be fighting anything so hard it can actually pose a serious threat to evasion solo. That means i have backup. Backup means hastes and mob debuffs. You dont need capped evasion if you have hastes for shadow timers, mobs para/slowed/blinded etc. Also, as you are now in a group setting, you need more hate, so you need to do damage.

Its a catch 22. Solo stuff is easy and capped eva. Hardstuff you have backup. If your soloing something that hard for grinsies, use an eva magian or 2 and stay in normal gear. Eva daggers+Haste gear>>>>>>Other dagger+Eva gear.

If you are fighting something SOOOO impossible that you need eva daggers AND haste gear, your gonna die long before it does without support. So get a couple mages and focus on shadow recasts and debuffing the mob, and keep hate with better DD gear.

There basically no (realistic) situation that balls to the wall eva gear FULL TIMED is ever neccisary for thf. Macro it into ichi and an 'oh shit' macro. Toss on eva dagger if necessary. Waste of time to full time it.
    (0)

With the new WS, it's even rarer to need eva gear. Blind bolts and Exenterator gives plenty of acc down to the mob even solo. Even so, I like to keep an eva set on me for low man dyna and other non-abyssea events.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2