Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

List Your Tanking Gear for level 99

what set do you guys use mostly for tanking in abyssea?
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    my haste set?
    (3)

My eva set has +68 eva and 24 AGI, without the ToM eva daggers. Rare that i would need to use it in abyssea though, unless I'm soloing and shadows are down, or /dnc and just got hit by a tp move after I WS'd and have no TP to cure myself.

I'll post the full gear tomorrow, I was going to link my eva gear from 75 that's on ffxiah, but I only still use 3 of them.
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    jug pet hehe
    (0)

ear1 - Dodge Earring = 3 eva
    neck - Peacock Charm = 10 R. Acc
    back - Boxer's Mantle = 10 eva, 10 parrying
    hands - Slither Gloves = 9 eva
    body - Aurore Doublet = 4 AGI, 8 eva, 8 R. Acc
    ear2 - Musical Earring = 5 eva
    head - Rogue's Bonnet +1 = 10 eva, 8 R. Acc
    ring2 - Heed Ring = 3 eva, 7 subtle blow
    feet - Raider's Poulaines +1 = 12 AGI, 9 eva
    legs - Kacura Subligar = 7 AGI, 10 eva

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=160294

Seems I was a little out, it's a total of 23 AGI 60 eva XD. As you'll see, I also try to get R.Acc in there too as I generally use eva set when I'm soloing, and will therefore want to spam bolts. The only slots I'm not swapping right now are twilight belt and Raja's ring.

But, like Nynja trolled, if you're in abyssea and you have a mage with you, especially a whm, there's no need to use an eva set, just use the haste set and kill it faster.
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 01-08-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Not really trolling to say that at 99 in Abyssea with good skill and Atma everything misses regardless of your equipment. I will say though that the Raider's Poulaines +2 and Assassins Gloves +2 are a significant investment because they both have Evasion to complement the TH+.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The general answer is Thf tanking in Abyssea = full, normal, TP haste gear unless you are oh-shit tanking when you switch to your normal Eva setup.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Not really trolling to say that at 99 in Abyssea with good skill and Atma everything misses regardless of your equipment. I will say though that the Raider's Poulaines +2 and Assassins Gloves +2 are a significant investment because they both have Evasion to complement the TH+.
    I spend ~3.3 mil to upgrade them >< All that gil was burning a hole in my pocket I guess.

On a side note, does anyone farm dyna solo on thf? If so where's a good zone/camp? I can't stand the thought of levelling BST to be able to solo it. Though I hear BLU can solo dyna well, too, but I'm only 63BLU so far.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    But, like Nynja trolled, if you're in abyssea and you have a mage with you, especially a whm, there's no need to use an eva set, just use the haste set and kill it faster.
    How was that trolling? Unless you dont have any atmas or cruor buffs, theres almost no reason to wear anything but your haste set in abyssea.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    How was that trolling? Unless you dont have any atmas or cruor buffs, theres almost no reason to wear anything but your haste set in abyssea.
    Because it didn't really answer the question. Saying 99% of the time I wear my TP set, but if shit hit the fan I wear *this* gear, would have answered the question.

Though I just noticed the name of the OP... seems like Hordecore leeched up a new char. Reading through the other posts started by him/her, they're just as stupid as those by Hordecore.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast