Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Trolling happens here because the posters are so easy to troll. It will happen no matter what they do in regards forced highest character linking. We all know that.

Ultimately now though the reality is that these forums don't matter as we initially thought they would and are honestly just a community no different than FFXIAH, Alla or BG. Our opinions or discontent at anything make no more difference posted here than anywhere else, and even the reps (english ones at least, jp ones seem pretty involved with their communities) post less and less every day (and more and more on the XIV forums) which was always a false sense of our opinion mattering at all. As such they should just add whatever the majority would like to see in regards this.

I would personally stop posting here if they did that but since the reality is as posted above I don't think those of us that don't agree with it should really care one way or the other anymore, there are plenty of other XI forums around that offer a choice.
    (5)
    Last edited by Runespider; 01-07-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So you're going to stop posing here if you'd have to link your main character to your forum id?

Meaning you've got something to be ffxi-embarrassed about...and I really dont get why, it makes no sense.
    (5)

I support being forced into linking your character with the most levels on it to your ID on these forums, and only being given the option to select the job displayed. It got rid of a bunch of the horrible posters when they originally added character linking, it's time to take that next step and make everyone be out in the open completely.
    (7)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

So you're going to stop posing here if you'd have to link your main character to your forum id?

Meaning you've got something to be ffxi-embarrassed about...and I really dont get why, it makes no sense.
    I and I'm sure quite a few others would stop posting if it was made compulsary yeah, I don't have anything to hide really no but I don't want to be forced into doing something I see no purpose in either (It won't stop trolling, only proper moderation and the posters not continually falling for it will do that). There is no other forum I know of that has forced character linking and they all operate just fine, what makes this place so good to warrant such a system? As I said though, I don't really care anymore since this place has long since shown what it is, I doubt many others really care as much as they did when this topic came up last either.

If most posters want it then I hope they do add it for them, for those of us that don't like it we will post on another forum and be as equally ignored by the dev team as you guys here..no loss.
    (2)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I and I'm sure quite a few others would stop posting if it was made compulsary yeah
    I dont think anyone would miss you then...

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    There is no other forum I know of that has forced character linking and they all operate just fine, what makes this place so good to warrant such a system?
    Those other forums also arent operated by SE themselves. SE put a system in place to force character linking, otherwise why are people linking their accounts? Some people are obviously bypassing the system because they have shit to hide.

And while other ffxi forums dont require account linking (what other forums are there really other than "cesspool BG"), trolls who post anonymously generally get dealt with.
    (9)
    Last edited by Nynja; 01-08-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I Didn't see the point of the linking in the first place. SE thinking they can force people to play nice is proof that SE is indeed as retared when it comes to anything online as we all know them to be. Anyone thinking the same is just the same as SE.
    (0)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There should be two like buttons...

One for actually liking a post...

And one for
    (6)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    I Didn't see the point of the linking in the first place. SE thinking they can force people to play nice is proof that SE is indeed as retared when it comes to anything online as we all know them to be. Anyone thinking the same is just the same as SE.
    How is linking names forcing people to play nice? I'll knock someone down a peg or two if they make stupid comments, and I dont have to hide my ffxi identity. This isnt /b/, you dont have to hide behind 7 proxies, its your damn ffxi characters name. No ones going to world shift and bomb your character.

Theres a system in place, and its gotten to the point there are way too many trolls hiding their ffxi identity because they're scared to embarass themselves here?
    (6)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    freedom and choice to have anonymity should be given to anyone within the forums but personally we were forced to reveal char and information as it is which i should be able to choose who and where people see my info....

people get hacked in mmorpg's regularly take my friend for example SE has told her on the phone your account has been compromised byJP persona nd they took your account and 4 months later they still say they are investigating and haven't / won't roll back at this time until they find all full information about person who compromised her account .... crock of bs imo ...

neither here nor there we should not have been forced to show our char info if we didnt wish to so much for listening to what the customers / players want lol
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So revealing your identity is going to get you targeted for hacking...gotcha.
    (6)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast