Character
    Rykuu
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 68

360 Version Update Communication Error

Please help me! I decided to play the game again and went through all the steps to reactivate my ID. Then as I went to the game and hit play, knowing there would be plenty of things to update, it gave me this error message and I cannot seem to get it to go away.
    (0)

Support Rep
    Rykuu,

We would like to apologize for the problems you are experiencing, and we can offer a few suggestions to try to assist you in resolving this problem.

Suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
    2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
    3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.

Please take note of the following:
    • Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
    • Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
    • If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    (0)

Character
    Lilmercer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Umm do you have enough harddrive space?
    (0)

Character
    Viktordarken
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 64
    I'm having the same problem. i have my router and modem set up right and i have enough hard drive space. please help
    (0)