Thread: Norg fame

Character
    Lilmercer
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Norg fame

Best way to get norfg fame other than yagudo necklaces?
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    ore quest in bastok?
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think you mean Tenshodo fame, but the yagudo necklace thing is probably the best way.

That quest was what got me into alchemy. I spent hours in Giddeus farming the necklaces, and while doing that killed a lot of bees too. I got tons of beehive chips which I then turned in to beeswax. After I hit the skill cap on that, I decided to set the wax aside for later skillups on silent oil, and eventually took alchemy all the way to 100.
    (0)

can do the Airship contraband questfrom Sandy also:A Job for the Consortium. Just be warned if you get caught smuggling, you loose outbound Jueno airship access until after JP midnight. While doing that, also do the Discerning Eye quest--it is said to increase fame for all areas....not sure if it hits Norg too, or if it's just the cities with ports though. As mentioned earlier, there is also the Shady Business (Zinc Ore) from Bastok as well. Other than that, there are some other quests you may be able to do along the way from Norg itself as well--Undying pledge, Everyone's Grudge, NIN scroll quests, etc.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    Considering Yag necklaces drop like candy in Giddeus, it only took me about maybe 2-3 trips to have enough Norg fame.
    (2)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Alternatively, you could hop into a worm pt for Abyssea - La Theine and yoink all the Zinc Ore you can for the quest in Port Bastok.
    (0)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    ore, it's more common on the AH, and can be farmed in the nearby zone from bastok mines. Also, less ore is needed to get fame up than necklaces are. About 2:1 ratio, maybe even even higher.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.