Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Midol
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I can make due with the spaces I have for my gear. My only true requests is for something to hold loot. When your gear is taking up the vast majority of your inventory spaces much loot falls to floor unless you micro manage your treasure pool and even still much loot is lost. Also a much needed update to the mail system.

I agree with storage slips being KIs.
    I like the idea of using PIs on yourself to turn them into KIs.
    It could help if several more items stacked, like ore. Also stack to 99 instead of 12.
    More AH slots for sure.
    Better mail system is a must. IMO 10+ years and the mail system is the same... Well that's a bad Moogle. Why can't I send mail from my mog house? Why can't I return, collect or discard a whole page of mail with one button?
    A way to summon your Moogle to the field even if only once per day would be awesome.
    A way to summon a vendor to the field even if only once per day would be awesome.
    NPCs to hold geodes, seals and +2 upgrade items like the npc who holds your beastmen seals would be appreciated.
    I think it is a little late in the game for this but a set of melee, tank and caster gear that has progressive stat increases as you level would be nice when you are leveling jobs, reducing your need to one set of leveling gear per role type. Can even make the set only take up one inventory slot but having to wear the entire set or none of it at all.

I do feel some people carry to many swap items. Some of it is over the top. I roll my eyes when I see a toon disappearing every other second. I understand some swap items are just smart. It is just smart to swap in reward gear on bst. I don't blame smns swapping in their magian staffs. Many items truly are worth swapping but a little bit of skill can go as far if not farther than many gear swaps. Skill > Gear! Every one keeps mentioning pdt/mdt gear, that is what tanks are for. Jobs like rdm should not have to carry around pdt/mdt gear. I feel for those jobs and players having to manage all that extra gear, you shouldn't have to. /comfort

In the end it comes down to this: Another satchel/sack will fill up in a matter of a couple days and you will be right back to the same problem all over again. Seen this happen with mogsatchel, seen this happen with mogsack and I just don't feel that third time will be the charm with this issue. How ever I would welcome all the extra space they would be willing to offer, don't get me wrong. I'd love to have more sacks/satchels but I'd still be 7#/80 slots and have looting issues in my main bag so again I request a loot specific bag.
    (1)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Another bag is always welcome, but what I'd really like is to be able to access all inventories for all the characters on the same account from my mog house. No more time wasted muling, no more fighting the dbox sending limit. That said I would actually prefer a change to the dbox that allows me to send out 50+ slots of items, but I figure that's not in the cards if they continue to use hardware that can't hold up in a situation like increasing the AH slots available to people.
    (1)

Character
    Sircurtis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think its time for more than just 7 items placed on AH!
    (0)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Lets go further, how about we have the ability to convert our gear in our bags into key items and back again at any time. So if you are on monk and have to switch to black mage, you just instantly convert all your equiptment your monk was wearing into key items, and then switch all your "blackmage gear key items" into equiptable items to wear, while your monk gear is all key items. With an unlimited number of gear as key items, and a limited amount of bag slots.

PS: Just in case you use this idea >>> please make each Key Item piece of gear should have its level next to its name on the key item list and sorted out like bag gear normaly is, starting with weapons, head, body, gloves, legs, feet, ect.

Also a fix for WS gear, people are constantly switching gears to get the benefits of another set of gear.

So lets have a secondary set of gear you can convert to key items and then add them as a weapon skill bonus, ect. in the form of an atma buff that only affects the purpose the gear is meant for.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bahamut; 03-28-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    We could also do the key items for the auction house, when you buy items from auction house you get them in key item form, when you post them to auction they go up as key item form. The only thing that is not in key form is the pictures of the items you want to buy.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    To be clear, I am perfectly fine with paying for the extra storage instead of paying for mules. If they wanna charge me $2 a month for 160 extra slots instead of making me pay for extra characters that I don't actually play, that's all good with me.
    (3)

Character
    Goshiwoo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    If they make it so that you only need one set for each job, most of the events in the game will become pointless. They keep you running around killing thousands of monsters and doing all sorts of events by adding situationally useful items. If they make an end all be all set then they will have to make the gear incredibly hard to obtain. We all know SE by now. They would just give the gear the worst drop rates imaginable and then make doing the events a huge chore. In short, that would suck.
    They wouldn't have to adjust the content or the gear really. I'm fairly sure most content, even Legion is doable without gear swaps. I mean, if you can kill 16 foes in a chamber when you need 7 it's not because of gear swaps. =P

But yeah, bringing out such a big game changer it would need adjustment, maybe some redesigned gear and such. But that's what they do every day. Nerf Twilight Scythe, changing enmity system, making def important. And such.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    Lets go further, how about we have the ability to convert our gear in our bags into key items and back again at any time.
    This won't work, just like "job based slips" that someone else proposed.
    Such solutions do not work for a simple reason: "Job" isn't a successful discrimination criteria.
    Several items, if not the majority of them, are shared among jobs.
    Where would you put those items? In the end it would just be even more messy.

The only logic criteria to be used is the one they're using now, imho.

Some things we can complain about are the fact that you need to zone out of your MH to convert items and that they used way too many slips. I don't know if there's a limit in the amount of items they can allow to be stored into each slip (I doubt it... or rather there has to be a limit but it's certainly much higher than the current one) but 14 slips are just too many.
    For instance AF1 and AF+1 should all have been on the same slip, and I could say the same about AF2, AF2+1, AF2+2 (aug), AF2+2 (unaug), AF2-1.

It's too late now, I'm afraid they won't change back, but I really wish they could have made the whole service better than it is now. It's still useful, but there's a lot of wasted potential.

They mentioned there will be a new satchel-like inventory unlocked in Adoulin but that you need to level up Coalitions. Wonder how it will work exactely.
    That + Storage accessible everywhere in next patch + Porter moogle inside MH ==> I'll probably be satisfied by my inventory space.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan64 View Post
    They wouldn't have to adjust the content or the gear really. I'm fairly sure most content, even Legion is doable without gear swaps. I mean, if you can kill 16 foes in a chamber when you need 7 it's not because of gear swaps. =P

But yeah, bringing out such a big game changer it would need adjustment, maybe some redesigned gear and such. But that's what they do every day. Nerf Twilight Scythe, changing enmity system, making def important. And such.
    I'm just saying that if you take jobs from needing 80 pieces of gear to complete all their situational gear sets to where they only need 16 pieces of gear, then you have to make those 16 pieces of gear 5 times as harder to get in order to keep people playing for the same amount of time.

The problem is that making gear that hard to obtain will make most people curse at their screen and quit. Could you imagine if instead of doing <Insert annoying VWNM> 600 times to get that stupid shiny WS body piece that you only use for STR based weapon skills, you had to do an even more annoying monster 3,000 times?

I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying that it would be much harder to balance and balance doesn't seem to be working as it is.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    More inventory slots per existing bag/locker would be a nice alternative as well. We've been sitting @ 80 per for a while now. (They've already said somewhere that's not due to PS2 limitations in some post before).

But yeah, a new bag would be good to have too.
    Citation for bolded please. I'm calling bullshit until I see a source.

I distinctly remember their official explanation for the 80 item per storage limit being a function of PS2 RAM limitations, which is why they just add more storage options rather than expanding existing ones or allowing us to use multiple storage spaces at a time.
    actually it isn't a limitation of the PS2, its the fact that they limited the POL framework to work within the PS2 limits that is the issue with this and at the time they did not push the limits of the PS2 so therefore the limit is with POL viewer, something they might have a way around if they had made their programmers make better notes at the start

in order to get past the 80 limit they would need to create a new framework and port it to that, somehow I don't see them doing that
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast