Player

Light/Dark Art's Update WHERE...?!?

We were promised a reduction in casting and recast times of magic cast under the effects of Light/Dark arts. SE made it sound like we got the update with the whole regen and helix fix.

BUT, where was the reduction in casting and recast under Light/Dark arts?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    No we were not.

They said they'd make Light Arts/Dark Arts better for SCH. They did with Regen and the Helix spells.
    (2)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Only thing i can come up with what you might have gotten confused about was them changing light/dark arts to have no ja recast time when using 2hr. other then that i don't recall any info about making light/dark arts further reduce casting/recast times its already pretty strong
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...003#post157003

probably talking about this.

It's vague enough that it could mean the helix/regen changes though.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    I'm sure there was a offical post saying casting and recast to scale with the level of the scholar.

Although Raksha's linked post could totaly be used as an example too even though its indirectly saying it.

"I would like the effects of “Light Arts/Dark Arts” to increase proportionately to your level.
    We plan on making this adjustment. We would like players that play scholar as their main job to receive more benefits than those utilizing it as a support job."

It says the effects of light/dark arts, the reply was "we plan on making this adjustment."

This was long before the mention even of the development of regen and helix adjustment idea by the development team or implementation to test server. Which then would be discussing to the FFXI community about the current light/dark arts effects, which is casting and recast.

There was no mention about the augmentation of light/dark arts with new effects which is what we got.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    I'm sure there was a offical post saying casting and recast to scale with the level of the scholar.

Although Raksha's linked post could totaly be used as an example too even though its indirectly saying it.

"I would like the effects of “Light Arts/Dark Arts” to increase proportionately to your level.
    We plan on making this adjustment. We would like players that play scholar as their main job to receive more benefits than those utilizing it as a support job."

It says the effects of light/dark arts, the reply was "we plan on making this adjustment."

This was long before the mention even of the development of regen and helix adjustment idea by the development team or implementation to test server. Which then would be discussing to the FFXI community about the current light/dark arts effects, which is casting and recast.

There was no mention about the augmentation of light/dark arts with new effects which is what we got.
    They could have also meant the skill levels (unlikely) eitherway I think this has been forgotten, along with a lot of what SE has said. Maybe likely to a certain person stopping it for "Balance issues"
    (0)

Player
    lol either way, even if I did have the post I was thinking about handy and so forth, I dont expect anything to come out of it.

All my trust and faith in SE and this interaction the forum is supposed to give with us between SE was lost after the whole "beast pet poll" bs.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I don't really care whether they said it or not, but I still think SCH deserves a higher recast and MP reduction at 99 than any job subbing SCH at level 20+.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I don't really care whether they said it or not, but I still think SCH deserves a higher recast and MP reduction at 99 than any job subbing SCH at level 20+.
    I'm going to say just MP cost, this should be SCH's forte rather than stamp into RDM territory.
    (0)