Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Ok I agree they should have an Universal obi for all jobs. I just feel SCH should have a unique special obi that gives more bonuses. I guess that would be inventory+1 though :-(.

The occasional chance of double weather sounds nice!
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I like a lot of these ideas. I'm on board with anything that enhances SCH specific stuff - storms tiers, stormsurge, animus, adloquium, random free strategem.

My biggest concern is gear space though. I don't want SCH gear to become like merits, where I can't optimize everything, but now just because of inventory space. New combination gear could be fine but I'd hate it to replace empyrean that personally took me forever to finish. I get that stuff becomes obsolete, deal with it blah blah but... what about just Empyrean +3? I'm carrying all of these anyway, I'd rather just update these pieces again.

Combination obi and combination magian staves are a must. All individual elements should be required first, with a comparable quest to combine them. They should be usable by all jobs. SCH already gets a bonus here since we can apply the storm spells all the time. Of course /SCH can too but /Aurorastorm will never be possible and BLM/SCH is still rare afaik. If there was a boost to SCH, I'd actually like to see a JT that made storm spells cast as fast as barspells.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Okay I've been looking over sets as I consider Scholar in the case that I get asked to help with NeoNyzul.

As you may all know Scholar is very popular for certain strategies for the event where you pop 2hour, use Embrava then proceed to hug a pole.

As you may all also know Enhancing Magic caps at effectiveness as 500 skill. So I decided to see what it would take to get a perfect set.

Base + Merits - 420

Main - Kirin's Pole - +~10
    Fay Staff - +3~8
    Sub - Fulcio Grip - +3
    Ranged - x
    Ammo - Savant's Treatise - +4
    Head - Savant's Bonnet +2 - +10
    Neck - Colossus's Torque - +7 (+10)
    Ear - Augmenting Earring - +3
    Ear - Aptus Earring - +2
    Body - Anhur robe - +12
    Argute Gown +2 - +9
    Hyksos Robe /+1 - +10/+11
    Hands - Augur's Gloves - +5
    Back - Merciful Cape - +5
    Waist - Olympus Sash - +5
    Legs - Scholar's Pants /+1 - +15
    Portent Pants - +15
    Feet - Literae Sabots - +1~5
    Stimulus Sabots - +3

So what do I want for Scholar? More/easier Enhancing Magic gear. Also, does anyone know of an augmented gear I may have missed?
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The only gear suggestions I could come up with were obi replacements (i would prefer this to be added to the magian staves) and some sort of "Double Weather" effect (though this ideally would be Storm II spells).

Other than those just give me more of the stuff I already have (more MAB, more PDT, more +skill, etc)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    (i would prefer this to be added to the magian staves)
    The reason I usually suggest a universal obi or whatever it would be called (Maybe Dawn Obi to complement the Twilight Cape?) is because it would be super easy to implement. However I'm sure there are other slots we could get the effect in if we'd be willing to have SE's scrutiny about it. Regardless of where you think we should get the effect, we should raise a surge of stink about it since there was a consideration of a universal staff of some sort over in the JP forums, maybe we'll get attention this time.

But I thought about this a bit.

Geomancer's Ring
    [Ring] All Races
    Effect varies with level, day, and weather.
    Lv.10 All Jobs
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The reason I usually suggest a universal obi or whatever it would be called (Maybe Dawn Obi to complement the Twilight Cape?) is because it would be super easy to implement. However I'm sure there are other slots we could get the effect in if we'd be willing to have SE's scrutiny about it. Regardless of where you think we should get the effect, we should raise a surge of stink about it since there was a consideration of a universal staff of some sort over in the JP forums, maybe we'll get attention this time.

But I thought about this a bit.

Geomancer's Ring
    [Ring] All Races
    Lv.10 All Jobs
    I agree that a multi-obi would be the easiest fix, but I don't think it would be the best one.

If obi effects were added to something that is already useful, (like the magian staves, which will ALWAYS be among the best-in-slot) then we lose nothing and pick up inventory +1 (per obi).

It also allows us to utilize the belt slot for other things (MAB/INT/enmity).

Finally, I don't own all of the obis, and I don't own all of the magian staves (And have no plans to do some of the lesser used ones) so a rainbow obi or rainbow staff would do me no good.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    If obi effects were added to something that is already useful, (like the magian staves, which will ALWAYS be among the best-in-slot)
    A minor nitpick, but 95/99 Tupsimati has more macc than a 99 magian, and offers enough mab to make it better than using the staves' affinity with our current best nukung gear. We would need a ton of extra mab from gear to make the new Tupsimati worse for damage. And that means it would make it the legendary "Rainbow Staff" we all dream about, the ultimate inventory saver.

A pity making a Mythic is a myth by itself, though.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeMage View Post
    And that means it would make it the legendary "Rainbow Staff" we all dream about, the ultimate inventory saver.
    I think that (even though I will probably never have that Staff) it should have the effect of a day/weather bonuses as well... however I don't think that it should be exclusive in this regard - I just think it should be an added perk to having it, and adding such a trait to the thing would be risky unless other things got the trait first.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Geomancer's Ring
    [Ring] All Races
    Lv.10 All Jobs
    You win. Everything. Just for putting the name Geomancer on it. I don't care what slot it's in either, as long as I can nix all those waist pieces.

I'm actually liking Raksha's idea of putting the effect on the magian staves - an infusion of sorts for each 99 staff and obi combination you have. The only thing that sucks about that is you can't call anything Geomancer.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    You win. Everything. Just for putting the name Geomancer on it. I don't care what slot it's in either, as long as I can nix all those waist pieces.
    I wasn't specifically thinking of using it to replace the waist pieces actually, nor any specific stats. Such an item could do amazing things at all levels however since it would change depending. The exact effects were more of an "up to the imagination thing" rather then an actual stat block. My main idea behind it would a ton of varying effects depending on different conditions but it would certainly be more useful with someone who can cast weather spells to mess with the effect given.

Also I forgot but it should be rare (or at very least not have any effect if doubled) and possibly exclusive (if it is a questy reward).
    (0)

11. 02-28-2012 02:31 AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast