Thread: Immanence

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Immanence

Ok, so at the risk of sounding noobish, I can't consider myself a SCH main without fully mastering all of its parts. That said, I think I have yet to perform a SC>MB with our ability Immanence and this has been bothering me for some time. While I understand the concept, I feel I run into the same situation as most DDs these days in that it is simply just not worth the stratagem cost (a-la extraneous TP/interrupt).

9/10 I'm using Ebullience with each nuke, enmity permitting (alacrity or parsimony otherwise), but in order to fully utilize Immanence I need a minimum of 3-4 stratagems to get any useful return on the MB. Is the 3 min return time on stratagems worth the added SC/MB damage?

If it really is, what is the most potent combination? I have a Kaustra-finisher combo (that I've never had a use for) and a Blizzard V combo (also no use, and requires impotent Lumino-helix). I just don't feel like I'd get enough of a return on it, at least not without finding my face in the dirt.

Finally, is it possible with /blm to SC-ga?
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Use Immanence -> Cast Blizzard IV -> wait the normal amount of time before you close a weapon skill -> use Retribution = Fragmentation.

Its not a crime for a Scholar to Melee.:P
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohihroyu View Post
    Use Immanence -> Cast Blizzard IV -> wait the normal amount of time before you close a weapon skill -> use Retribution = Fragmentation.

Its not a crime for a Scholar to Melee.:P
    Never, never, do that. Do Retribution > Blizzard V at least. Your Fragmentation will do 60% of your Retribution damage which I imagine will be poor at best. Retribution > Blizzard V will do 70% (with Savant's hands +2) of Blizzard Vs damage, which I imagine will be much better.

For solo purposes, Fire V > Thunder V is currently the best (70% of your Thunder V damage). Other than that I think its best to find a weaponskill you can steal and work on timing that. Doesn't work so well now that everyone has Empyreans and the sorts, most weaponskills I see these days have either Light/Darkness and some tier 2 property, which is absolutely useless for Scholar. If you can find something though it is one Stratagem that will do at least 60% extra damage, which is well worth the effort considering Ebullience will do +30% and nothing more.
    A job ability that raises your next nuke to its tier 2 property under Immanence would be nice. Noctohelix > Stone V > that > Blizzard V would do Darkness for 110% of Blizzard V which would be amazing, but I imagine that would be impossible considering the extra ability delay. It would be amazing for the occasional DDs weaponskill you could steal, though.

Finally, is it possible with /blm to SC-ga?
    Nope. Hopefully if they deliver on Manifestation nukes that will prove more fun.
    (1)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I do Immanence with Teir V too ^^; but if I'm not solo I usually pick T4 so I don't scoff as much hate.

Have yet to test with Shattersoul & Realmrazer though...though I assume only lvl 1 or 2 SC still. (hurray for skilling up x_x )
    (0)

Character
    Ciato
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Pro-tip: Level 1 skillchains are our best.

Skillchain damage benefits from staff/day/weather bonuses. With proper equipment and day you can do well over +100% damage on a skillchain.

With enough cast time reduction you can self-skillchain with any of our spells. This is 2 stratagems for over +100% damage, which beats Ebullience by far.

Still, the ideal situation, as already mentioned, is if you have someone you're with to skillchain off of. Immanence is often the only thing I use when I'm in a duo.
    (0)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokorololi View Post
    Pro-tip: Level 1 skillchains are our best.
    I had not thought of doin a lvl1 sc with immanence. i have 1 question can you continue that sc? such as
    thunder III > Fire III = Liquefaction then Liquefaction > Thunder IV = Fusion? then you finish that by MBing a fire IV or maybe with enough fastcast V sounds like a potent "spellchain" ^^ hehe. if it is possible to continue the skillchain with a third immanence nuke
    (0)

Character
    Ciato
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    I had not thought of doin a lvl1 sc with immanence. i have 1 question can you continue that sc? such as
    thunder III > Fire III = Liquefaction then Liquefaction > Thunder IV = Fusion? then you finish that by MBing a fire IV or maybe with enough fastcast V sounds like a potent "spellchain" ^^ hehe. if it is possible to continue the skillchain with a third immanence nuke
    It is indeed possible to continue the chain off of level 1's as long as you have stratagems/spells.

I prefer to use my higher tier spells for the skillchain since it receives a larger damage bonus. I tend to SC with tier V and MB with tier IV.
    (0)

Player
    Just to add something on this topic of immanence

People been wondering setups to Magic Burst w/ a tier V nuke. Yes it does take quick and accurate timing but also Casting Time -%.

So i've been testing, and found the best setup for MBing tier V nuke with both Matk and INT incorporated.

My current setup which is proven to work is /rdm, Dark arts (of course), ToM staff 99 (Casting Time -14%), Stoich Medal which gives a total of elemental magic Casting Time -42%. This allows me to immanencex2 whatever, and ebullience my final nuke with a Tier V.

This has proven highly efficient for scholar Magical output and saving 1 stratagem usage. Instead of using 4 strategems to SC/MB i narrow it down to 3 with Maximum Magic Atk Bonus/INT for nuking.

If you would like to see gear set be happy to show.
    (0)
    Last edited by Katalsar; 01-04-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Katalsar View Post
    Just to add something on this topic of immanence

People been wondering setups to Magic Burst w/ a tier V nuke. Yes it does take quick and accurate timing but also Casting Time -%.

So i've been testing, and found the best setup for MBing tier V nuke with both Matk and INT incorporated.

My current setup which is proven to work is /rdm, Dark arts (of course), ToM staff 99 (Casting Time -14%), Stoich Medal which gives a total of elemental magic Casting Time -42%. This allows me to immanencex2 whatever, and ebullience my final nuke with a Tier V.

This has proven highly efficient for scholar Magical output and saving 1 stratagem usage. Instead of using 4 strategems to SC/MB i narrow it down to 3 with Maximum Magic Atk Bonus/INT for nuking.

If you would like to see gear set be happy to show.
    To reduce room for error, there is also the Scholar's Loafers and Argute's Mortarboard pieces that enhance casting time with Grimore. Other than that, there are no AF/relic/empy pieces that affect casting time beyond Argute's Loafters.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokorololi View Post
    It is indeed possible to continue the chain off of level 1's as long as you have stratagems/spells.

I prefer to use my higher tier spells for the skillchain since it receives a larger damage bonus. I tend to SC with tier V and MB with tier IV.
    that's so cool and something I never knew thanks for the info. I haven't used Immanence much but think i'll be trying it out a bit more now
    (0)