Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    They should just sell fully completed characters with everything you want. That way you wouldn't have to put up with the painful process of doing anything.

Seriously, most trials don't have a weather requirement; you can just kill stuff on the associated day. Get in a good 80-100 kills in an hour, log off, come back at some future iteration of that day (each one comes 3 times per real life day).
    And for some people, they may only be able to hit that window once every 4-5 days. I don't know about you, but none of the elemental paths are really worth the possible months it'd take to complete from start to finish under those conditions, especially those of Fire and Light, then to a lesser extent Dark.

So, while I know people aren't fond of the OP, there is a kernel of truth in some elemental trial difficulty... no, tedium. At the very least, SCH storms should allow players to accrue 1 point per kill regardless of day. Actual revisions to kill requirements would be another step. Some classes simply aren't going to be killing 80-100 mobs a game day solo and not all mob options have a good sub-70 representation for mass killing, let alone adding weather to the equation. Finding people on the same trials is pretty much dumb luck from there.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahlum View Post
    Better yet weather forecast site

http://www.ff11info.com/bazaar/en/weather.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Weather Chart

This'll become your best friend for weather magians.
    Or just get your damn mog specs.
    (2)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    None of which help weather show up when you're able to whack things. All the charts and forecasts do are offer estimates, not guarantees.
    (0)

Character
    Detoxy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hordecore View Post
    since your message says"dont forget your family and friends..." your **** quest that requires weather waste alot of our times
    I thought u quit
    (2)

Character
    Juilan
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Those require going to the zone, the jp one you know if you should go there or not
    why waist 30min going to an area that wont have any weather
    (0)
    I have the final form of Aegis, it has 40 Def Augments Shield bash V and Magic Damage Taken -45%... The ultimate form!

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    This is true, but, knowing the months and their general weather patterns can help immensively. If it's December and you need wind, the odds of it appearing in Bhaflau Thickets or Wajaom Woodlands are skim. Not to mention the weather doesn't last long.

Looking at a chart can tell you, oh, wind appears the most common there during summer months and therefore it'd be best to hold onto your weapon until wind is in season. You can go do other things in the game, or logout and attend to real life things, whatever you have planned.

Or you could go to the zone and pull out the specs every few hours for a forecast if you'd rather do that. I don't think the moogle specs are always accurate but I could be wrong.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well, my specs said sunshine and cloudy for the Necropolis for three days in a row and every three days I could get earth very far and between.
    (0)

that is because that is not a forecast of earth weather....that is just clear and overcast skies--during those times you MIGHT see a short spurt of the dominant weather for the season. For a more dependable forecast for Earth, you are looking for dust/sand storms to be mentioned:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Weather
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    And for some people, they may only be able to hit that window once every 4-5 days. I don't know about you, but none of the elemental paths are really worth the possible months it'd take to complete from start to finish under those conditions, especially those of Fire and Light, then to a lesser extent Dark.
    There is no rush to get weapons done. I don't know why everybody seems to have the mindset of needing to be finished right away. Do some paths take longer than others? Sure. Working on a str shashmir took me time (flans on firesday), but it wasn't horrible. If the right day wasn't going to be coming up in my playtime, so what. I have plenty of other things I can do. Since days cycle, I knew that if I play 3 hours a day, there would be a time when I could work on the weapon 3 days in a row. Do I need a str sword to make the game playable? Of course not. Did I want one? Yes, I did, but not getting it right away didn't lock me out of content until it was finished.
    (1)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not just limiting this to weather trials, but many of the early stages of these weapons are outright useless. Like, "even under 75 cap they'd never be used..." kind of useless. Some people realizing this and otherwise not wanting to sit on inventory-1 as a result does not immediately correlate to rushing. Maybe, just maybe, it's someone realizing the grinds are longer than they need to be.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast