Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Abbazaba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

[Dev 1054] voidstones

Void stones are becoming an extreme limiter to enjoying void watch. My void watch group does 12-24 fights a day. I personally do 8-12 fights. The entire group is buying void dust to do these. We aren't the only people buying stones with the price of void stones at the time of posting being an average of 30k across every server. My server is exactly on the average but it fluctuates higher or lower.

That's a minimum of 360000 gil or 24000 allied notes, imperial standing, or conquest points that needs to be replenished every day. Which could create an rmt situation. Ive already seen obvious rmt trains in campaign. Although I believe they were just leveling.

To fix this problem I would introduce key items similar to Abyssite of Celerity to increase the passive stone regeneration. Allow void dust to be bought with cruror at a small increase compared to the other three options. so that you can use your cruror from void watch to buy stones for the next round of fights. You can already do this by selling cells or chocobo blinkers but this removes the middle man. Let us change our Traverser stones into void stones.

I would also like it as a quality of life issue if you could allow us to turn more then 4 dusts into the officer. He can add the extra into your stockpile rather then your inventory.
    (6)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by abbazabba View Post
    I personally do 8-12 fights.
    I found your problem.

Realy you're going too often. If you do not have the income to support your habbit, you need to find some gil before you can get your fix.
    (6)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 01-02-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The stones are a deliberate resource vacuum. SE put them there so to drain away time / gil from you and prevent you from getting through their little rat wheel to the cheese too fast.
    (3)

Character
    Abbazaba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They were actually put in as a camping mechanism. So you don't have all 3 rifts camped for the more popular vw. You also need to do that many to have an decent shot at getting an item. Stone need to come from more places or loot needs to be easier to attain.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    loot needs to be easier to attain.
    winner winner chicken dinner
    (3)

Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    As one of the leaders of that group I can't say how true this problem really is. Most of us have enough gil to support 24 Voiddusts a day, so the arguement of doing less because we don't have enough ressources is irrelevant.
    Abyssea had new key items to reduce the stone timer introduced every update it had, and I really can't see why Voidwatch had exactly one of them and nothing since. Of course, could be to get us to play Campaign and all that again, but at the same time that is basically inviting RMT to come back to the game.

Considering one of the main goals in the past was to get them out of FFXI, the way Voidwatch stones / loot are working right now is bad. Some groups will have that number of Voidwatch fights a day, and will not change it because as I said before, they do not have the problem of no ressources. However, most people do have a time problem. They don't spend 24/7 on the game, most only play in the time events are taking place, and then maybe another hour, if that. This is not enough time to get enough Voiddust without buying the majority of them. As a result, they buy the Voiddust off the AH, which again results in massive amounts of them being sold per day. In other words, a chance RMT won't pass up.

Loot problem aside, the Voidstones are an essential problem in Voidwatch as well.
    (3)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Its called an artificial cockblock. Think of it as dynamis, where you can go once per day...but better. Atleast this way, if you dont go one day, you can go twice the next. If you miss dynamis, were you credited with an additional entry? No... Be glad there are lots of external sources to get voidstones.

Imagine if VW were like that...if your stones are maxed, too bad so sad.
    (1)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    To fix this problem I would introduce key items similar to Abyssite of Celerity to increase the passive stone regeneration.
    Actually there's already the Vivid Periapt of Exploration, which functions exactly as the abyssite listed above.
    (2)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I can't see your problem.
    You'r addicted to a certain aspect of the game and QQ over it cause the droprate of the item you're longing for is verry low.
    Hmm... old Dynamis had the same problem. You had to spend a huge ammount of gil for a chance to obtain what you want.
    And nobody cared about it.

Now we have different events where we could get good items and places where we could farm the necessary items to do these events. So in case you'r too lazy to farm, that's not a problem the DEVs have to solve.
    If you want to spend gil, it's your decission but don't blame the DEVs!

btw. the prices for Voiddust are droping right now.

PS: #2 Tsukino_Kaji said it verry clear. (^.^)b
    (1)

Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You are overlooking the main point of the original post.

The comparism with the old Dynamis and gil spent on that isn't exactly good, because not every group had people split the glass cost, but the leader paid it himself and got the currency in return. Others were there for their relic items, no gil involved aside from reraise items or medicines or whatever you had to bring. This glass gil also went to a goblin NPC, not to people or possible RMT selling Voiddust.

If you have time, or have the sole purpose of making gil, Voiddust is a reliable source of income right now. That's not the best way to make gil, and generally it's not a bad thing either as some people don't have many other ways of making gil at all(aside from the obvious turning cruor/ops points into gil). On the other hand though, this is pretty much what RMT were waiting for. I'm not going to say it's cause of this, but lately there have been many RMT trains leveling up again.

To say it's not the DEVs problem that we are spamming Voidwatch because of complete crap drop rates is stupid, and you know it is. Who are we to blame for those drop rates in your opinion, then? The players who do the event hoping to get a drop? I don't think so.

The drop system in Voidwatch is flawed in so many ways it would take forever to list all of them. The way Voidstones are working right now is inviting RMT to come back to the game, and they have partly returned already. Campaign, Besieged, events with Conquest Points all were not very important events in the past year or more, so they can't expect us to have stocked up on points for Dust either. Abyssea was clearly the main focus then. If they won't change the loot system in Voidwatch, why not simply add an option to purchase Voiddust with cruor? Make it more expensive than 2k or 3k, be it 5k or 10k it doesn't matter.
    I'm fairly sure doing so would make less people buy Voiddust directly from the AH, and therefor make Voiddust more or less pointless to farm for gil as it will sell a lot slower than it does now. As a result, it will be less attractive for RMT as well, and they won't fully return / stop bothering again.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast