Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Brotherhood
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    lol Void dust is the RMT's new Item to sell, With cells and Void dust selling like it is now, A single player can easily make 2mil a day Just doing AH selling of these items
    I know I did it for a lil while till my LS started spamming VW doing 16-24 a day for a month solid I went from 300+ stones to almost none very fast. Happy hunting.
    (0)

Character
    Apelila
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by abbazabba View Post
    Because stones were intended to stop you from sitting at kaggen for 2hours farming bodies not letting anyone else get any kaggens because two other groups are doing what you are doing. Not as a limit to how much void watch you can do in a day.
    What says it can't do both?
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'd like to point out that traverser stones were also intended to not let you sit in abyssea 24/7, to make you leave...that really worked as planned.

I'm asking around, asking the people who I always see shouting for VW...they've NEVER run into a situation where all 3 rifts are taken. I think you guys are full of shit, and your "Ive run into a situation where all 3 rifts had a group at them yes", seemingly happened once, and it probably was after patch day and you're trying to save face by lying about when it happened.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nynja; 01-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Because stones were intended to stop you from sitting at kaggen for 2hours farming bodies not letting anyone else get any kaggens because two other groups are doing what you are doing. Not as a limit to how much void watch you can do in a day.
    This is a pretty far stretch, and I don't think many people would agree with your assumption.
    "Stones" is an old mechanic (tags, ANNM, ISNM, Traversers) used for an old purpose, to limit how fast we get equipment. NOT to stop monopolies of content. It doesn't even do what you wrongly assumed it does, as you literally CAN purchase enough stones to monopolize a rift.

Edit: Also, doing VW every single day I have never seen every rift in a zone occupied, even the days following release.

People will be more open to you if you leave your assumptions and guesses out of the discussion. People like discussion not being preached at
    (0)
    Last edited by Shadowsong; 01-09-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The rift thing may be very limited to Valefor then, if you check the other thread on a specific forum you will find somoene else of Vale posting the same. However, comparing Voidstones with Traverser stones isn't correct. Firstly, we had more Celerity like Key items that reduced the cooldown timer for new stones. Secondly, Abyssea had a system that did allow us to stay in Abyssea for as long as we want, later on even making it possible for a solo person to do so. Voidstones are gone when you win a fight, there's no way you can change that or extend your time in Voidwatch in any way aside from buying Voiddust.

Voidwatch obviously has a much much lower drop rate than Abyssea on top of the flawed loot system, and again, they have already said they do not intend to change this. Why should we get more stones for an event we can farm time in with high drop rates(don't post your 2 seals in 30 mobs now, things can go bad in any event from time to time), and less for an event with completely stupid drop rates and a flawed loot system?
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    As for me being "addicted" to vw. Not really 12-18 VW take 2-3 hours if your slow. There is not much else to do atm for me.

The dynamis analogy is flawed because as vadai said that cost was generally absorbed by selling currency. They also took steps to let you do more dynamis by lowering the reentry time to 24hr

There is only 1 periapht that reduces stone recharge all im asking for is one or two more to bring it inline with abyssea Or for You to be able to buy with cruror. I don't think its an unreasonable request. Neither is my quality of life request to allow us to turn in more then 4 dust. Just saves inventory space from having to carry around 12+ dust
    Come PvP me on Phoenix - if you win I'll give you enough gil to get your fix for a very long time.
    (0)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Voidwatch is a timesink. If you expect a good droprate why did you fought Fafnir/Nidhogg and hoped for a Riddl?

The old Dynamis was pure RMT cause you had to wait 3 days for reentering with, compared to todays results, low droprate on currency, AF2 and crafting materials. So people who build their Relics had to have a good source of income or the wallet to buy currency from other players.

And in the end - it's the playerbase that invites RMT.
    Remember Carl Sandburg "Imagine it's war and nobody came."
    (0)

Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    Voidwatch is a timesink. If you expect a good droprate why did you fought Fafnir/Nidhogg and hoped for a Riddl?
    Ridill never had a bad drop rate, it was a matter of claiming the mob. Voidwatch is a timesink, yes, but comparing it to kings is stupid. Linkshells had a good program to help them claim, they did, unless others got lucky or had a similar one.

The old Dynamis was pure RMT cause you had to wait 3 days for reentering with, compared to todays results, low droprate on currency, AF2 and crafting materials. So people who build their Relics had to have a good source of income or the wallet to buy currency from other players.
    How was the old Dynamis pure RMT because of the reenter time? Are you suggesting that RMT grouped together and farmed Dynamis when the glass cost existed? The reason people repeatedly did said Dynamis was either because of the low AF2 drop rates and thus having to repeat zones until the desired item dropped, or for currency. People who made relics before the change had to have gil to buy currency or lead a Dynamis group, so what? Remember some crafts were actually worth something, and selling items from HNM existed. I personally made one of mine that way, so building a relic really has nothing to do with RMT.

And in the end - it's the playerbase that invites RMT.
    Remember Carl Sandburg "Imagine it's war and nobody came."
    You are right - the playerbase should stop playing the game once they are out of Voidstones, because that way RMT can't sell dust. Just no. SE doesn't want RMT, then they should do something about the lack of stones/drops in the current main event of the game as it's flawed in every possible way.
    (0)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Vadai you seems to want to misunderstood. Obviously some player have had the wallet to buy a relic or lead multiple runs.
    But looking back - most good items where out of reach for causal players and still the prices had 10(!) digits.
    So who bought that stuff? Players who farmed their stuff togehter? And who bought the stuff they sold?
    RMT business is to sell ingame currency for real money. How they gain their money is simple.

#1 Farm stuff and sell it to NPCs
    #2 Farm stuff and sell it to PCs
    #3 Buy and resell stuff to increase the price (monopolizing)
    #4 Buy stuff so people have to buy it from you for real money

And what changed compared to the Fafnir/Nidhoggsituation? Nothing! 18 people hoping for a good drop.
    In Dragon's Aery there where hundreds of people hoping for claim and drop. So Fafnir/Nidhogg didn't droped that good as you said.
    (0)

Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    But looking back - most good items where out of reach for causal players and still the prices had 10(!) digits.
    10 digits? the max amount of gil you can hold has 9 digits, being 999,999,999. Relic prices were always in the low 9 digits, now it's dropping to 8. "Good" gear was nowhere near 9 digits, unless you count AV items from the few AVs done during the zerg time. The casual players as you call them weren't supposed to have relics and other gear, as those things took time to make. This changed now.
    RMT business is to sell ingame currency for real money. How they gain their money is simple.
    Exactly, selling Voiddust is a great income for them as a lot of people buy it on a daily basis. Why shouldn't they sell the gil they get from that?
    And what changed compared to the Fafnir/Nidhoggsituation? Nothing! 18 people hoping for a good drop.
    In Dragon's Aery there where hundreds of people hoping for claim and drop. So Fafnir/Nidhogg didn't droped that good as you said.
    What changed? At Kings you were able to decide who gets which drop. Meaning, mages didn't get DD bodies 4 times before people who can use them did, and the other way around. You wouldn't give 4 E.Bodies to a WHM BLM BRD character before your DRK WAR even has one. Voidwatch system is flawed, and can't be compared to anything made in the past. You can't decide who gets what item, it's a random system.
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast