Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65
  1. #11
    Player Tsukino_Kaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,029
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadai View Post
    You are overlooking the main point of the original post.
    You're missing the main point of the OP. They guy is an addict and he's complaining that he can't get his fix as much as he wants to.
    (3)

  2. #12
    Player abbazabba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Abbazaba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As for me being "addicted" to vw. Not really 12-18 VW take 2-3 hours if your slow. There is not much else to do atm for me.

    The dynamis analogy is flawed because as vadai said that cost was generally absorbed by selling currency. They also took steps to let you do more dynamis by lowering the reentry time to 24hr

    There is only 1 periapht that reduces stone recharge all im asking for is one or two more to bring it inline with abyssea Or for You to be able to buy with cruror. I don't think its an unreasonable request. Neither is my quality of life request to allow us to turn in more then 4 dust. Just saves inventory space from having to carry around 12+ dust
    (2)
    Last edited by abbazabba; 01-09-2012 at 03:04 AM.

  3. #13
    Player Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    730
    Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadai View Post
    The drop system in Voidwatch is flawed in so many ways it would take forever to list all of them. The way Voidstones are working right now is inviting RMT to come back to the game, and they have partly returned already. Campaign, Besieged, events with Conquest Points all were not very important events in the past year or more, so they can't expect us to have stocked up on points for Dust either. Abyssea was clearly the main focus then. If they won't change the loot system in Voidwatch, why not simply add an option to purchase Voiddust with cruor? Make it more expensive than 2k or 3k, be it 5k or 10k it doesn't matter.
    I'm fairly sure doing so would make less people buy Voiddust directly from the AH, and therefor make Voiddust more or less pointless to farm for gil as it will sell a lot slower than it does now. As a result, it will be less attractive for RMT as well, and they won't fully return / stop bothering again.
    I dont think you can turn your old stones into voiddust...

    as far as CP/AN/IS "being useless thus no one has any":
    62kCP (ranger arrows...)/90kIS (and I burned a LOT 3boxing when Khroma was 500k), 949k AN on character 1
    216kCP / 20k IS / 1.208M AN on one of my alts
    85k CP / 11k IS / 160k AN on another alt

    Thats like...1400 voiddusts.
    You probably are a new breed of player who just basically got swept to 99 via abyssea, which explains why you wouldnt have any IS/CP/AN.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nynja; 01-09-2012 at 03:22 AM.

  4. #14
    Player abbazabba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Abbazaba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Vadai is anything but an abbysea burned player. Truthfully I am some what. I quit before abbyssea and recently came back. I still had over 300k is and 100k an. I used them all on dust. I assume vadai did the same.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Vadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20
    Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    I dont think you can turn your old stones into voiddust...

    as far as CP/AN/IS "being useless thus no one has any":
    62kCP (ranger arrows...)/90kIS (and I burned a LOT 3boxing when Khroma was 500k), 949k AN on character 1
    216kCP / 20k IS / 1.208M AN on one of my alts
    85k CP / 11k IS / 160k AN on another alt

    Thats like...1400 voiddusts.
    You probably are a new breed of player who just basically got swept to 99 via abyssea, which explains why you wouldnt have any IS/CP/AN.
    Yep, I joined the game 3 months ago and made 3 relics with Chocobo Blinkers, spammed through all missions and raped all my Voidstones in that time. Yeah no, I don't have that much time.

    Why I don't have any ISP/AN/CP? Let me elaborate.

    I'm not paying for more than one character, so leave your mules out. Still 62k CP, 90k IS, 949k AN for you left according to you. Why I don't have any CP and IS? It's simple, I spent everything on Voidstones, and have no desire to go back to anything that would get me those two right now.
    Why I have no AN? I didn't level in Campaign at all, I did it when I had nothing better to do (when it came out). I do it from time to time now when nothing else is going on, cause I still hate it and have no desire to spend my freetime there to get stones. Everything I get there is going towards Voidstones, which isn't a lot as I'm not doing it regularly as you can imagine.

    Not having any IS/CP/AN isn't a sign of a new player, it's a sign said player didn't like doing things they came from or spent everything already. Since your main numbers come from Campaign, think twice before talking again.

    P.S.: If you call bullshit as to me not being a new player, you will find me on BG with my old name and the join date. This is the same character I've started with, try again.
    (2)

  6. #16
    Player wish12oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    @marnie
    Posts
    1,254
    So what you're saying is, you don't want to farm void dust, even though it's easy to do, and you want to take away the ability of other people to make money off you by farming void dust for you? I think we should leave it how it is, so the new people have something worth getting from their AN, CP and IS.
    (3)

    http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

  7. #17
    Player Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    730
    Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadai View Post
    and have no desire to go back to anything that would get me those two right now.
    My wallet and bank account are empty, but I have no desire to do anything that would get me some money, please give me free money.

    Thats pretty much what I read from that.


    And why would not having any IS/CP/AN NOT be the sign of a new player?
    Why does this player not have any CP? Because he doesnt go on /b/, and because they've never xped with signet.
    Why does this player not have any IS? Because they've never xped with sanction and have never done any besieged.
    Why does this player not have any AN? Because they've never done campaign.

    Which means they probably GoV burned to 30, then got swept to 99 via abyssea which would explain
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadai View Post
    why not simply add an option to purchase Voiddust with cruor?
    someone only having a lot of cruor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vadai View Post
    P.S.: If you call bullshit as to me not being a new player, you will find me on BG with my old name and the join date. This is the same character I've started with, try again.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/members/34567-Malacite
    Your point?
    (1)
    Last edited by Nynja; 01-09-2012 at 06:11 AM.

  8. #18
    Player Vadai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20
    Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    My wallet and bank account are empty, but I have no desire to do anything that would get me some money, please give me free money.

    Thats pretty much what I read from that.


    And why would not having any IS/CP/AN NOT be the sign of a new player?
    Why does this player not have any CP? Because he doesnt go on /b/, and because they've never xped with signet.
    Why does this player not have any IS? Because they've never xped with sanction and have never done any besieged.
    Why does this player not have any AN? Because they've never done campaign.

    Which means they probably GoV burned to 30, then got swept to 99 via abyssea which would explain

    someone only having a lot of cruor.



    http://www.bluegartr.com/members/34567-Malacite
    Your point?
    Pretty pathetic what you are trying to say. Yes, your 2m AN makes you a superior player, clearly. Malacite isn't exactly smart, I take you comparing him to me as an offense.

    I don't pay for more accounts because I don't want to. What do I need 2 or 3 accounts for? Nothing. I don't need to 2 or 3box anything I'm doing, because in the time I play other people are online to do things with.
    I've used up every single ISP and CP I've had, as many others have as well. I hate campaign, I did it to get my medals and to get Rose Strap, and the leftover AN has been used up already as well. Point? I could just as well come here and say you leveled the majority of your jobs in campaign, therefor you could be an older player but still one not knowing much of the game currently.
    (3)

  9. #19
    Player abbazabba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    25
    Character
    Abbazaba
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You guys are missing the point of my op. We can and do farm for our dust. We want the system changed anyways. Just because you put up with a bad system doesn't mean you shouldn't try to change it.

    Please drop the whole you don't want to farm argument. You're doing nothing but derailing the thread.
    (1)

  10. #20
    Player Seriha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    979
    Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    CP/IS/AN is a fairly limited resource. I can understand someone running out relatively easily if they're dumping it into VW supplies. The fact 2 are heavily tied to EXP gain in a given region, of which us leveling to 99 has diminished the potential of, doesn't help. Even at max rank in Campaign, you're looking at 4500 every 8 minutes or so if you tag swap. 31500 an hour may be possible as a result, but that doesn't really account for running between zones, either.

    As someone with little interest in VW at its current state, seeing someone does 8+ runs a day kind of blows my mind. What doesn't blow my mind, however, is them munching through stones as a result. With everyone in their 18 man group getting 1 stone a day, that leaves 7 that must be acquired from elsewhere. If they all run to the AH, that means 126 dust must be sold by other players. As 18 people out of a potential pool of thousands, that can put quite the crunch on supply. It only gets worse when they do even more runs in a given day.

    With the GoVing I've personally done, I've been lucky to walk away with a dust or two in a long session. I'm having a hard time imagining the dust supply from that could even sustain a server for long periods given Abyssea being the more popular EXP spot with other GoVers just mainly fishing for a rare drop if they're not PLing a mule or something.

    Anyway, of the three currencies, I'd consider IS the rarest these days. There's very little reason to step into a ToAU area these days. Colibri were a meal ticket to IS if you were an in job back in the day, but even a 25k/hr merit party wasn't much IS, 2500 being the number at 1/10 EXP rate. Good luck convincing people to sync to 75 and relive the old days. CP at least has the benefit of GoV and the sub-30 push, but that only comes from the mobs and unlikely page payouts, so people could actually be hurting their CP gain. AN is the most easily gained how I outlined above, of which someone doing 8+ runs a day would also have to do at least an hour of Campaign at max rank to feed themselves. Possible if you've got 4+ hours a day to give, but I'm not sure everyone does.

    Assuming prices remain 30k, converting AN to dust isn't a shabby gil source for those not looking to mess with Blinkers or worry about the nuances of Abyssea.
    (3)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast