Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Last Stand gearsets

Are there any unanimous decisions on a superior Last Stand gearset?

I've currently been pretty much doing it in all the AGI gear I use for Wildfire, with some RAt.

Thanks.
    (1)

I use this. You can throw in a couple extra AGI here and there, Alruna's Gloves are awesome if you can find them, etc, but otherwise it's pretty solid.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Thanks dude
    (0)

I keep wondering about the relative weight of RATT vs AGI on this WS. From the various times I've used it I've noticed both have a significant effect on the WS but I'm not sure about relative amounts. I assume knows the math on this, otherwise I might have to to some better testing one of these days.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Attack is always going to be important for physical WS on COR. It's just a lot easier to get Attack from outside buffs than AGI.

Personally, if I'm not getting Minuets, Stalwart's, RCB/Pot-Au-Feu+1, Chaos, or at least some combination of high attack buffs, then Last Stand just isn't worth using over Wildfire in general. There are a couple slots where the AGI options are just crap, like the Back slot, where it's nice to be able to throw in RAttack. But, in general, I just pump WSC and then stick to Wildfire unless I'm getting enough buffs to pump my RAttack up elsewhere.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

True enough. But it would be nice to have some rough estimate of relative value of pieces. Is a RATT 5 piece better than an AGI +3 piece? RATT 15 vs AGI 10?

Admittedly relative values change based on other buffs. The more RATT you have from buffs the more value AGI has. But in a normal situation where you'd be using Last Stand over WF (magic or fire resistant mob) you'd likely still be using Tacticians/Misers roll, eating RATT food, part time using Stalwarts and lucky to have a BRD. In that setting, what's the rough interaction between the two.

Agree the Back slot is a no brainer since Amemets and Terebellum give such high RATT numbers compared to AGI options.
    But what about Navarch's Frac +2 vs Loki's? Seiryu's vs Alrunas (if you are RNG).
    (0)

Loki's seems a pretty clear winner to me, especially since it also has 7 Rattack on it. So really, it's a comparison between 7RAttack and 9 Racc vs 11 AGI and 7 STP.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Don't have a Loki's (damn you Turul) yet so I forgot about the RATT on it. Guess that makes it a pretty significant winner for Last Stand.

I guess when I think about it there isn't too many slots where there is a high RATT item vs a high AGI item to compare.
    (0)