First of all I'll have to admit that this is another Mythic QQ thread.....so if you don't like to read Mythic QQ thread can skip the rest

At this point of time, both Empy and Mythic gun are pure DD weapon(unless there are some hidden effect we haven't discover), and I believe Mythic is slightly weaker in most of the situations.

Armageddon's advantage: Higher WS dmg for both magical WS and physical WS, access to fire elemental WS dmg, ODD at 100 TP, huge AGI stat boost (which can come in handy sometimes for evasion/subtle blow/new dagger WS for lowmanning) etc.

Death Penalty's advantage: Lower delay, higher /ra DPS, QD dmg+50%(I think I see testing on forums somewhere says it's 50% instead of 35%), Leaden Salute dmg boost.

I recently just start playing again back from semi-inactive state, and did a bit of VW on this job, I'd have to say at this point of time, as a DD weapon, Mythic has really little chance to win Empy as a DD weapon, at least in VW(since nobody care about this job outside of VW anyways). Lower delay and higher DPS is pretty irrelevant with such massive amount of regain+save TP+wings. And WS frenquency is just way higher than QD frenquency that I don't see how QD dmg boost can catch up. My WS/QD ratio is usually around 3:1, and I have lowest QD recast time currently reachable already(40 sec), as a DD weapon I just don't see how Mythic can be as versatile and useful as empy.

A few situations I can think of that will favor QD dmg instead of WS dmg.....

1.QD kite solo.........who do this anymore? ;/ Solo or Duo on evasion jobs is way faster and less of a headache.

2.Fighting Ovni.....ppl spam QDs at lv 80 cap to kill it due to dmg resist, but now it's another DNC soloable mob.......

3.Pil's shield.....but do we really need it? I did Pil earlier, after 2 fireshots it's shield's gone.

4. Can't really think of anything else ;( Lowman when worried about TP feed? Does it even matter nowadays?

No matter how I look at it, Arma is just a more versatile DD weapon in most of the situations.

And instead of boosting Mythic WS dmg even further for barance, why not just give Mythic a different path? A supportive play style path instead of DD path?

For example, gives 3rd roll, enhance buff potency, gives QD debuff effect directly(like ice shot gives para, earth shot gives slow, thunder shot gives stun) etc. That way both weapon has it's use and players can choose which weapon to do depending on his play style etc. And that way no weapon is inferior than another.

I have to admit, the reason why I'm asking this is for personal reason, it's getting a bit frustrating. I'm a career COR since I started, 1.5 years ago I decided to do a long term goal in FFXI and started Mythic, that's before Empy even exist. I finished pretty much every other requirement except alexandrite, just been saving gil and wait until the update to see if price drops. At this point of time, alexandrite costs 12.5k on my server, heavy metal plate costs 150k. That's 375M for Mythic weapon and 225M for empyrean 95. No matter how I look at it, empyrean 95 is cheaper and faster to farm the gil for, and a better weapon in general. I'm tempted to build an empy 95 instead, but I got a LOT of help/free alexandrite from friends to just stop Mythic and waste other's effort. I also turned in all the alex I had since I have no mule to store them and I'm pretty sure I won't be interested in other weapons. I want to finish this long ass quest, but I also want it to be worthwhile, not just a Port Jeuno afk show off weapon(I don't like to afk in Jeuno anyways), or inferior DD weapon. I'm more of a fan of support/lowman style gameplay, and I love old school roll rotation/adjust position for rolls/enhance the debuff with QD etc, and not really a big fan of VW WS spam. If Dev team can make Mythic goes different path from Empy, it'd encourage me more to finish it. That way those who loves DD style can use empy to do dmg, and those who loves support style can do a Mythic.