Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

[GM]'s are Useless!

I was fishing in Abyssea - LaTheine and my character froze. I was unable to stop fishing, so I had a friend contact the GM to fix the issue. He got a reply telling him to tell me to use the /helpdesk feature. Guess what happened?

IT DIDN'T WORK!

So I had him place the call again, once again, I was told to place a call via the /helpdesk system.

What good is having GM's in the game if they are not going to help you out?

You want me to use your system and tell you what I think? Read the Title of this thread.

Now what I want to do is place a complaint about the GM's that are NOT doing their job.

WAKE UP!
    (1)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not sure if this is a gm thing. They are more for enforcing the rules than fixing a bug like that. I think anyway...

They could however have given u a little more direction. Just be happy they didnt try to accuse you of botting lol

Did force dcing help at all or are u currently still stuck in an endless loop of fishing?
    (0)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

Player
    lol GM's can do more than enforce rules and ban you because its that time of the month.
    Just look at the service support in other MMOs.
    its the poor customer service support of SE that has now become legendary. There's a friggin PhD thesis presentation on companies in the electronic entertainment and SE is placed one spot bellow a friggin afghanistanian game company.
    Im not joking.
    (2)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I had to have a friend warp out, change his job to BLM and come back in to cast Warp II on me and get me unstuck. I've had GM's help me with issues like this before. I've placed more than 60 GM calls, I am well aware of what they can and can not do. This would be a walk in the park for them. A simple movement of my character would have been more than sufficient. I would have appreciated them even contacting me to say, "sorry, this isn't something we deal with."

Cursed, could you send me a link to that thesis? I'm sure it would be a great read.
    (0)
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters

Player
    they're ready to warp in and hit you with the ban hammer when you claim a Japanese player's prey in less than 10 minutes but when you're in need of their support you get the "please leave a comment on our website ^^" slap in the face.
    and yes, I will post a link to that thesis. It was done by a former wow/war/guildwars/ffxi player.

edit: it won't be long before i recieve an email from SE forum team basically telling me to stfu, and this thread gets locked anyways.
    because bad feedback is no feedback. all feedback must be good. if it isn't, its not feedback, its an infringement and you will get an official warning.
    right se?
    (1)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't know why that GM couldn't help, I'd gotten stuck underneath the docks in Kazham and after calling GM, they happily just spoke to me, warped me out and told me to have a nice day lol
    (0)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm even surprised that I haven't heard from a GM (admin?) on these forums. What are you guys doing?

I used to love talking to GM's and they used to be funny. Now, it's gotten to the point where I would rather log off and play something else rather than call a GM. This issue actually killed my LS event. Thanks a lot guys, looks like I am never going to get that BLU Emperyon neck piece.

I almost feel like I should be compensated for this crap.
    (0)

Hello Wolfe,

I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing a problem with being stuck in the game. Unfortunately, GMs are unable to take calls on behalf of others. If you are unable to submit a /helpdesk call, we ask that you please contact us via our Support Site at http://support.na.square-enix.com for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Unresolved Issues

Pertaining to this thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/19050-GM-s-are-Useless!

How are we supposed to get support for this? I couldn't get a GM to help me there, what if I were stuck outside the game boundaries and couldn't get out, so the only way to leave was to have a friend contact a GM? Am I supposed to just quit playing the game until SOMEONE at SE decides to help? When you go to the site, I'm told to call for help from a GM in-game!

What the hell!?

I came here to ask for further help and my thread gets closed before I can get an ACTUAL conversation with an admin.

DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD!

I want REAL help. Not this automated "find your answer somewhere, on your own" crap.

GM's actually CAN help with other calls like that. I know this for a fact because I've had this happen before. REPEATEDLY. This issue has been around for at least 4 years. Every time I have had it happen to me or a friend in the past, a GM has ALWAYS helped. I've placed more than 60 GM calls. And guess what, I'm actually friends with a REAL LIVE GM! I called my friend and asked him what to do. You know what he told me?

CALL A GM!

How can you flat out lie that a GM can NOT helped distressed players, when my GM friend has told me that in the employee hand book, it says, clear as day, you are to help players in the game with issues that are outside the normal (not verbatim).

Do GM's still even have a sense of humor? I remember "back in my day" when you could call up a GM and ask them to marry you. They would just laugh and say "I'm sorry, I'm married to SE." Or if you got stuck in the waters of Kazham, the GM would join you underwater while talking trying to help you.

Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b32z4SaT-w0

"I don't think you'll catch anything useful down here."
    "Congrats on the Rusty Bucket, use it well."
    Do you need it? "No I have a billion of them."

The guy danced for the GM and the GM asked for more. Then the GM comments about being a level 1 GM. Before the GM leaves, he tells the guy, "remember, don't drink the water."

Reading some of the comments, others have reported similar things happening to them.

"Hello Adventurer, Cuddleslave... I see you have decided to go for a swim... I'll rescue you in just a moment!"

Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks22dWOjD4k

A GM talks about forming a coalition against a mean Sea Horror.

GM's used to be not only helpful, but funny. What happened?

DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD, talk to me and resolve this issue.

It's kinda hard to get any help if you keep locking threads before the OP can get any feedback from you.
    (0)

Hello Wolfe,

I'm very sorry to hear you're unsatisfied with the level of GM assistance you've received.

Unfortunately, we are unable to take calls on behalf of others to avoid having the GM service being abused to harass others in game. This is why we ask that if you cannot place a call on your own, to please seek technical support from our support site. GMs are not authorized to assist with technical concerns, and if your game is frozen to a point where you cannot place a GM call, this is all we can advise for you.

Also, just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, if you are ever stuck outside the normal gameplay area, or stuck in the game and not experiencing a technical issue, a GM will be able to rescue you.

Regarding your feedback on GM personalities and assistance, we ask that you please use the Feedback and Suggestion area of our support site to file any complaints or comments you may have. While your feedback is greatly appreciated here, we cannot properly assist you or address individual complaints through the forums.

The feedback area of our website is located at support.na.square-enix.com under FINAL FANTASY XI > Contact > Feedback and Suggestions. Each email we receive is forwarded and reviewed by the proper parties to ensure you're receiving the proper assistance.

With that said, I apologize again for the trouble you've been experiencing. As this is all we can advise for you regarding this matter, we will close the thread. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)