Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you actually look through the English forums, there are usually only a few threads being commented on / posted per day. Most of which revolve around the same or similar topics. It really isn't that hard to keep track of. I do it for free in my spare time every day. People who get paid to do it have no excuse.
    (5)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-21-2013 at 10:27 AM.

So with the release of the update and the showing of perhaps what will become normal in terms of weapon upgrades/etc. Will our wyverns be adjusted in any way to progress in a similar way? Perhaps can they be changed to have half the base dmg of our polearm? would that be too much to ask? or should we expect good ol wyverns to exist as a weak, undefendable(I mean in a realistic sense in endgame events), and pathetic with this new approach on FF11? As it stands wyverns are more of a hinderance to drgs in endgame than boons.
    (0)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Player
    Angon
    In regards to Angon, the development team is looking into adjustments so that the lowered defense effect stacks with other defense lowering effects.

Call Wyvern Recast Timer
    After discussing your feedback for a lower recast timer on Call Wyvern, the development team mentioned that they do not have plans to lower this any further and will be making adjustments to this via abilities and usable items.

Any updates on these?
    (1)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It'll more then likely be yet another "we never promised you this." I don't count on anything happening to lower the call wyvren timer.
    (0)

Player
    They lowered 2hrs by a full hour and plan on reducing to 30min via merits. They could spare a 5-10min reduction to Call Wyvern.
    (4)

Character
    Relryc
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Hey how about making Gungnir useful and its lowered defense effect greater than that of a merit ability! Hmmm.. maybe how Aegis can take a PLD past the Magic Damage cap, maybe Gungnir can actually be special and unique and wait for it..... USEFUL!

Meh who are we kidding, back to reality.
    (1)

Player
    Defense Down hardly means much these days with 99 Dura BRDs, CORs and GEOs. Not to mention most DDs have 1200 attack without buffs, just in their TP gear with food.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by loldrg View Post
    Hey how about making Gungnir useful and its lowered defense effect greater than that of a merit ability! Hmmm.. maybe how Aegis can take a PLD past the Magic Damage cap, maybe Gungnir can actually be special and unique and wait for it..... USEFUL!

Meh who are we kidding, back to reality.
    they already are working on it and have posted reletively recently about such a topic not specifically gungnir but with most def downs stacking
    (0)

Player
    I hope we'll see a more direct increase to Wyvern Breath. They have over the years given us things like Lancer's Torque and AF2+2 Armet which can both be equipped immediately after a WS to get a small bonus to breaths. Additionally we have the Empathy bonus and Item Level main hand bonuses that increase a Wyvern's breath potency indirectly through increasing its Max HP.

The thing is, even with a maximum parameter boost from Empathy and having Upukirex equipped, Breath damage is still very unverwhelming, especially against NMs. I recognize that Breaths are 'free' and can be used as often as a Dragoon uses a weapon skill(which can be several times per minute). Unfortunately, Dragoon unlike other melee jobs cannot increase our WS damage further because we do not have special abilities like Soul Eater or traits like Overwhelm.

Having said all that, can we expect an increase to Wyvern breath damage? Healing Breath has increased exponentially from 75 cap, use to heal 400ish, now heals over 1.2k. Wyvern Breath is still ~350-450 but only when not resisted or if the NM has no Breath Damage Taken-% which most seem to have. Against Delve NMs, breaths usually hit for 110-200ish and against Delve Bosses, usually double digits in the 30-60 range.

I'm hopeful that Wyverns could obtain a higher tier version of their breaths i.e Flame Breath II, Gust Breath II that are not only boast higher accuracy but the damage formula incorporates a higher % of the Wyvern's HP(or make it based on Max Hp instead of Current HP). It's often deterimental to Dragoon's damage when we have to keep the Wyvern at near to full HP to keep the Breath damage at its best since the damage formula is based on current HP. If you were to make it a bit stronger, more accurate and based on max HP like Healing Breath, it will take some stress off players to keep our Wyvern at full HP and our damage won't decrease just because our wyvern has taken damage(especially true during hard fights).

I'd like to see tier2 version of Elemental Breaths, this would make using Smiting Breath a bit less pointless, as in the time it takes to use a 332 damage Smiting Breath(2-3 second delay) I could have swung my lance for 600-700 damage several times and gained a lot of TP.

An increase in Breath damage would help close the gap between Dragoon and other melee jobs that have powerful abilities/traits that enhance their attack, crit and WS potency i.e Souleater/Berserk/Bloodrage/Scarlet Delirium/Restraint/Hagakure
    (3)

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24