Player

Proposed changes to Angon

Angon's effect currently does not stack with other forms of the status 'Defense Down', especially the 'Defense Down' status imposed by 'Jump' under the effect of 'Spirit Surge' or from the additional effect of Gungnir. In order to remedy this and keep the effect of Angon unique, strong and desirable I propose the following modifications.

- Create a new status effect, let's call 'Pierced'.
    - This status effect stacks with Dia, Box Step, and 'Defense Down' granted from the aforementioned abilities and spells.
    - The 'Pierced' ailment inflicts Defense Down and Critical Defense Down.
    - Because this status stacks with other abilities that lower a target's defense the aspect of Angon that lowers 'defense' will need to be set lower, say 12%, with Wyrm. Finger Gauntlets +2 and 5/5 merits in Angon, this can be set to 17%.

While the last change may make Angon 'weaker' it won't actually because Pierced will allow Angon to stack with say Tourbillion or Acid Bolt or other 'Defense Down" abilities players have including Spirit Surge+Jump, thus increasing the percentage of a mob's Defense a player can lower. Additionally to separate 'Defense Down' from 'Pierced', 'Pierced' status will give the target a weakened 'Critical Defense Bonus' thus allowing the target to sustain more damage when receiving Critical Hits.
    (0)

Player
    Was the idea that bad? XD
    (0)

Not as many people in the forums anymore. I reckon that 50%+ went across to 14 already.

As a non-relic DRG, this change won't affect me much, other than reducing the amount that I can lower the def of Dens in Skirmish when I'm the runner. For relic owners, this will be a godsend.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I like the idea of having Angon change in a way that it would stack with Gungnir. Even if the change was just Critical Defense Down. Although I personally do not own Gungnir, I went with a different relic because I am 5/5 on Angon and feel it would be a waste to build something that will override another one of my abilities.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Player
    IDK I'm satisfied with "We are currently working on ways to make angon stack with other effects."
    (0)

Player
    Who knows if we'll ever see that though.
    (0)