Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    I was reading on the JP forums that many JP DRG share the exact same sentiments:

1) Spirit Surge is a hard 2hr to use 'in a pinch' compared to Mighty Strikes, Meikyo, Chainspell, Invincible, Eagle Eye Shot.
    2) It kills our Wyvern while providing lackluster benefits i.e Attack Speed Boost that can be gained through non-2hr things like Haste and March.
    3)Angon>Jump under Spirit Surge
    4)Spirit/Soul Jump with Wyvern alive > Jump/High Jump under Spirit Surge.

Besides this, I also read comments regarding how DRG performs poorly due to having low Attack Power. There are only 3 jobs that use sub SAM in today's FFXI: WAR, DRK and DRG, the 2-hand jobs. Warrior gains the most with /SAM because WAR has Berserk, Attack Bonus, Warcry, Double Attack all natively. DRK gains all the benefits of /SAM while maintaining a ton of Attack from traits as well as their own native attack and haste boosts from Last Resort and Soul Eater. DRG subs SAM as well, but unlike WAR and DRK, we have no native self buff for boosting Attack, so while DRK and WAR can do impressive damage using their main job's special abilities, DRG subs SAM for extra weapon skills albeit weaker ones. We need /SAM for Seigan,Third Eye, and most importanly Hasso and Store TP, so subbing Warrior on DRG is out of the question. So since our only self buffs come from our Subjob, please give us one or two self enhancing job abilities with duration! DRK/SAM and WAR/SAM are extremely solid job combinations while DRG/SAM feels incomplete and yearning for a berserk/last resort equivalent.

A small Attack Boosting JA is all we really ask for as our final job ability.

Fervor
    Enhances Attack but lowers critical hit evasion.
    Attack+15% Critical Hit Evasion-15%
    Duration 3 minutes. Recast 5 minutes.

If we attained this job ability or something like this, and Spirit Surge's effects on ALL Jumps was enhanced(-30% Def down on Jump, Spirit/Soul Jump maintain special critical hit and TP bonuses and the haste was changed to Job Ability haste like Haste Samba/Desperate Blows) DRG would be a complete and solid job and we'd be happy forever and ever and never complain again.

Any DRG that has participated in Voidwatch would agree and attest to the fact that our WS are powerful on weak enemies but when it comes to NMs with high defense, our WS fall vastly short in comparison to other 2hand weapon users.
    (3)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 01-03-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Player
    People over in the JP forums were also asking for a 5 min Recast mini-call wyvern, similar to Deus Ex Automata. It can call the wyvern in a weakened state(50% HP) which would severely hamper breath potency but still make it viable to proc in Voidwatch when our Wyverns are killed in one hit(some voidwatch TP moves still do 2k+ to our wyverns). So we can use the mini-call wyvern>dismiss>call wyvern without having to wait 20minutes to recall it.
    (0)

As 2012 is the year of the dragon, it would be appropriate to disclose some information I have regarding dragoon adjustments.

*Currently these features are in-development and testing and are subject to change.

• Wyvern Adjustments
      • Addition of Healing Breath IV (Lv80~)
      • Additional status ailment cures for Remove Breath depending on level
        • Curse/Bane (Lv60~)
        • Disease/Plague (Lv80~)
        • Petrification (Lv99~)
    • Ability Adjustments
      • Jump
        • Reduce recast time from 90 seconds → 60 seconds
      • High Jump
        • Reduce recast time from 180 seconds → 120 seconds
        • Increase the maximum range
        • Reduce the enmity of the closest party member behind you
      • Super Jump
        • Increase the maximum range
        • Reduce the enmity of the closest party member behind you
      • Spirit Jump
        • Reduce recast time from 90 seconds → 60 seconds
      • Soul Jump
        • Reduce recast time from 180 seconds → 120 seconds

Along with the reduced recast times for each ability, we will be simultaneously adjusting dragoon’s group 1 merit points for “Jump Recast” and “High Jump Recast.”
      • Jump Recast 3 seconds → 2 seconds
      • High Jump Recast 6 seconds → 4 seconds
    • Spirit Surge Adjustment
      • Increase effect duration from 60 seconds → 90 seconds

As long as there are no major development/testing problems, we are planning to introduce these changes on the test server middle or late January.
    (18)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Tanaka is at it again. I thought we were all gonna get free mythics and all we got was an improvement to all of our abilities. Clearly he doesn't understand that we need MORE FREE STUFF.
    (1)

Character
    Keinn
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Great news!
    (0)

Player
    Hope he got the past two pages of comments to send to the dev team!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, I was expecting unnecessary nerfs, so this is good news!
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This is actually pretty good stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    Tanaka is at it again. I thought we were all gonna get free mythics and all we got was an improvement to all of our abilities. Clearly he doesn't understand that we need MORE FREE STUFF.
    JPONRY! Gajin are lucky they play w.

But hows the pet suposed to remove petrifacation off you when YOU are petrified? XD (yes I know it'd work if you are with another drg/mage & they ws)

I maxed out my jump recasts XD

/hurray Curing Breath IV!

Now... Tanakaaaa why wont you lower the recast on call wyvren? I'm sure some of the Japanese Dragoons would like this too T_T
    (0)

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Except for the merit recast reduction, I don't see how this is terrible news?
    (0)

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast