Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Didn't renew. Pretty much reached the limits of the content I can solo (I'm not a particularly amazing player) and I couldn't find anyone to help me on the things I did want to do. Half the time I would log on and help LS mates with their stuff or help out random shouts, the other half the time LS busy soloing content or shouts I wasn't able to help out on.

Wish there was an easier way to find/advertise for people to help on specific tasks.

Will be back once a new expansion with new zones and content is released but not before.

Seeya!
    (4)

I think they are gonna push XIV to look and play more like XI thinking all the sheep will flock to that and save face for the company and FF brand, considering they keep saying 14 damaged them they are more worried about turning that around than saving the XI playerbase.

If I was in charge of a new game and it flopped embarassing me and the company I know I would do everything I could to fix the situation, including sabotaging the other title I was working on if I thought it would drive players over.

Certainly not paying my sub anymore till they show they are serious about the money I've been investing in this game anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    Wish there was an easier way to find/advertise for people to help on specific tasks.
    Search comments.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Because killing kirin for the 100th time was so much better or killing the same crabs bettles and little pink birds over and over for 75 levels. Also Ultima never needed a full LS you didn't need 18 people for 90% of the old content. But hey if you think your hardcore love grinds go play EVE and see how hardcore you are.
    Captain Casual is out doing his rounds again, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    I dunno about you but I don't want people to quit FFXI at all, that's half the reason people complain so much.
    All the negativity floating around on these forums is doing nothing for player morale. Nothing for new players, and ultimately nothing for the game. In fact, these forums are probably the worst idea SE have ever had for their community. The amount of poor changes that have materialised due to posts on this forum is astounding (and that's not to say there haven't been any good ones, because there have).

But right now, the only purpose this forum serves if for people to whine about how they want the game easier modified to fit their play style while completely disregarding everyone else's. A lot of people post ideas for changes which could turn this game into an almost co-operative RPG (Play with 4 friends over a network!) and god forbid the mention that new content requires more than 3 people, or takes more than one attempt to get decent gear out of everyone is up in arms.

At this point the RL card comes out (like we don't all have a real life, a job and a family).

It's all about instant gratification. Not much else.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 02-29-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    But right now, the only purpose this forum serves if for people to whine about how they want the game easier modified to fit their play style while completely disregarding everyone else's. A lot of people post ideas for changes which could turn this game into an almost co-operative RPG (Play with 4 friends over a network!) and god forbid the mention that new content requires more than 3 people, or takes more than one attempt to get decent gear out of everyone is up in arms.
    Meh, I see plenty of ideas for making the game harder that suck as well. I see people whine and complain that the game is too easy and there are too many n00bs and the old days of HNMs and 1k-3k-5k-30k hr parties are just better.

As for me? I'm not much of an idea person, but I'd like to see good, robust, well designed, and well defined content for all. Unfortunately SE isn't too great at supporting multiple play styles at the same time. We either have a game that's 90% Abyssea and 10% VW or 90% VW and 10% farming Neo-Dynamis because WoE and Neo-Nyzul are not seen as worth doing. When they try to shoehorn casual and hardcore into the same event (at least I think that's what they tried to do) we end up with something like Neo-Nyzul.

Unfortunately, FFXI isn't like WoW in that it has defined difficulties and tiers for its dungeons and raids.
    (1)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Unfortunately, FFXI isn't like WoW in that it has defined difficulties and tiers for its dungeons and raids.
    I think you're the only person that gets the point I try to put across in most of these threads. Cater for all. Though you find that a lot of casual players don't want the 'hardcore' catered for. At all. That's simply because "I wont be able to get XYZ drop out of it because I don't want to do it."

Sad state of affairs, and a massive sense of self entitlement.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 02-29-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Captain Casual is out doing his rounds again, I see.

All the negativity floating around on these forums is doing nothing for player morale. Nothing for new players, and ultimately nothing for the game. In fact, these forums are probably the worst idea SE have ever had for their community.

At this point the RL card comes out (like we don't all have a real life, a job and a family).

It's all about instant gratification. Not much else.

I agree but you can you do about it, IRL you cant please everyone. By the time Role-Playing-Games became mainstream, we RPGers lost everything the meaning of the genre was worth. It used to be something only we could enjoy through passion. There's no way we can make a difference now except with hard, concrete feedback if not complain about what's bad and forget about what is good about the gaming environment.

For the forums being a bad idea, I'd have to disagree. Maybe the way the moderation on the boards and threads that are aloud to go afloat is questionable, this helps the company make decisions whether its good/bad feed-back. If you didn't already know by now, it gives them a census of views from all regions. It's weighed or out-weighed by their concentric views of how the business will push forward until they milk every penny out of this MMO leaving FFxiv and the successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Meh, I see plenty of ideas for making the game harder that suck as well. I see people whine and complain that the game is too easy and there are too many n00bs and the old days of HNMs and 1k-3k-5k-30k hr parties are just better.

Maybe someone(if not me) could make a thread about solutions.

Square Enix has a business and is a veteran at selling its Final Fantasy name, where ever that leads them. I don't think all the content is aimed to satisfy the casual because I know holiday events is basicly casual play while battlefields tend to cater to the "ones who play a lot" group or hard-cores. We may all play a lot but not in groups where we keep a schedule of end-game events and organization.

Many of us may be fan-boy/girls (including me, I admit it) and over time I learned not to take it personal. Wether you have one or not, [real life > game].
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Most other games that I have played online have some form of rewards that are strictly for epeen. The trick to making hardcore gamers feel special about said gear is to make it so that they don't have to do anything they weren't already doing to get it. This means that it can't be quested, and it can't cost millions of gil like an after glow. It needs to be awarded through a means that requires no extra effort.

IE: get 1 million merit points, Get a glowy head effect
    Rack up 200 pandemonium warden kills, get a flame effect on your weapon
    Kill kirin 250 times, flies dance around your body when you are KOed.

This way hardcore gamers have their rewards and crap, but they don't have to make content specifically for them. The mistake they have made in the past is that there is always some in game quest that you have to do to get any item. Be it killing an NM, doing a CS or trading 500 of some item. People don't like working for useless crap. But if the useless crap just comes to them for work they are already doing, it becomes a nice bonus instead of a waste of time.

This type of system would also be nice in that if you see a guy standing in town with all sorts of stupid achievement effects / gear on, then you know a little about what he has experience with.

My point is that they can cater to the hard core but they don't need to do it by making the content with the best gear drops impossible for casual gamers to complete on a regular basis.
    (0)

I think you're the only person that gets the point I try to put across in most of these threads. Cater for all. Though you find that a lot of casual players don't want the 'hardcore' catered for. At all. That's simply because "I wont be able to get XYZ drop out of it because I don't want to do it."

Why is it sad people who pay for a video game expect to be able to experience everything that game has to offer? The sad state of affairs is the type of "hardcores" who have this sick need to be want things to hold over peoples head just to feel superior.

Its impossible to cater to both the hardcore and casual without alienating the other, But those Casuals who want to experience and have shots at all the armor are right to want it. Content should be created with the goal of creating as much accessibility as possible, but maintaining a lure for Hardcores.

Its hard, But those "casuals" who want an equal chance to get the best armor are not sad in any way. Now, those who simply want it handed to them? Yah, Maybe a little sad, But thats not the majority.
    (2)

Said the pot to the kettle.
    (2)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast