Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

The OFFICIAL "I intend on Quitting, and here is why" Thread

So you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to know that the player base is shrinking, and frustrations with the dev team are rising. Admittedly, the idea for this thread was sparked by the recent news of the WAR and VSmite MNK nerf, but there are still plenty of reasons outside of that why the game is in the current state we find it. As we all know, the only way to really make any business listen to you is by hitting them where it hurts: The Wallet.

Let's try to keep the criticism constructive; everyone is entitled to their own opinions. My plan for this thread is to really keep it on the topic of why you intend to leave the game--not to much to discussion the issues in depth. There are plenty of issue specific threads for that. The inevitable Troll War is pretty much a guarantee, but let's see how many legitimate posts we get before all hell breaks loose.

So that being said--Why are you currently thinking about quitting? Real life? New MMO? Bored? Lack of content? Nerfs? Blatant disregard by the devs to the wants/needs of the player base?

I'll chime in later once I see if this thread gathers some steam...and I want to avoid the wall o' text as much as possible.
    (13)

Quote Originally Posted by Originalkord View Post
    Bored? Lack of content? Nerfs? Blatant disregard by the devs to the wants/needs of the player base?
    that stuff. then depending on how dust 514 pans out, you could also maybe add "new mmo" but i dunno, i play shooters now and still play ffxi so if it turns out to be just another shooter, even if it's a good one.. it won't pull me away.

i mean, my minds not made up exactly, but these are all issues on my mind every time i log in.. and i've had my account since like.. 2004? (ps2 release?) never once let it lapse.. and now i'm starting to think about it....
    (9)

1) Nerfing My Job.
    2) Void Watch thrown into full swing.

* I plan on keeping My account open for a bit longer to see IF the tide will turn; Till then I'll remain unactive and saving funds to purchase offline games for this week end. My only True regret are lsmates I won't be able to communicate with. I miss them already. Finding Gamers that are knowledgeable of their job class(s), and are generally good ppl through-out is nearlly an impossible feat.
    :/
    (10)
    Last edited by Glacont; 12-28-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Still unsure, but I could very well be quitting in the coming weeks. If I do, the reasons are:

- Friends driven away from FFXI by recent changes, or went to new MMOs.

- Lack of casual new content (options limited when most of your friends quit).

- Unobtainable goals. 1500 Heavy Metal Plates, or soloing a relic is something I might grind through if the 99 Trial didn't look to be so absurd. But even now, with the way the game is going, the effort doesn't seem to be worth it, even if the 99 trial turns out to be bowing to a Magian Moogle.

- Game seems to be headed back to complacency/stagnation.
    (28)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I guess its a combination of things for me, but all stemming from the fact that the FFXI dev team just makes poor, lazy decisions.

In the interest of brevity, here are my main points:

- They implement these official forums to have transparency between themselves and the player base, yet they are still completely out of touch with what we want. Prime example--Player Base: Dear SE, the VW Drop system stinks. SE to players: Too bad, we're not changing it because we think it isn't the problem.

- Numerous job nerfs over the life span of the game with no real attempt at finding balance between classes.

- Lack of new content. Voidwatch and the resurrection of old content to re-obtain old items with better stats is not new content, in my opinion.

- Dwindling player base/better MMO options. Kind of two-fold here...Theres no need to have dedicated linkshell members anymore, the whole dynamic that being in an HNMLS used to bring to the game is now gone. Some old friends have already moved on to TOR, seems promising.
    (14)
    Last edited by Originalkord; 12-28-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Here is the official "You're quitting, and nobody else cares and/or we already know why" post.

It was nice to meet you, see you again in a couple months.
    (18)

Character
    Originalkord
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Here is the official "You're quitting, and nobody else cares and/or we already know why" post.

Didn't take long. FYI--its not to announce or make other players care that you're quitting. See the original post. Thanks for trying to make the game more enjoyable.
    (24)
    Last edited by Originalkord; 12-28-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

I'm actually glad people are shitting up the boards with this stuff. Maybe if the entire forum is a rage-fueled cesspool, something will get done about it for once.

Not betting on it though.
    (27)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I'm actually glad people are shitting up the boards with this stuff. Maybe if the entire forum is a rage-fueled cesspool, something will get done about it for once.

Not betting on it though.
    You have a better chance of dodging rain or beating the True Final Boss of mushihimesama futari 5.
    (2)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'll bite. Even though I'm not quitting as of yet, as there are still a few things I want to accomplish before I do quit.

But when / if I do here will be why:

1. No new areas to explore / discover
    2. No New storylines to play through
    3. All the gear that's reasonable for me to get
    4. THF to 99 (My first job in the game so I wanted it to be @ cap)

and really that's about it. 1 & 2 are high priority, if they aren't implemented, then it's only a matter of time before I do quit. Gear is nice and all, but for me, my characters story is why I play.
    (14)

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast