Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    Imo, the word 'BALANCE' indicates that SE fail to see what to do next.

Now and then every little conversation SE say something about balance and never gives the exact plot. And when something happen, it usually turns out disappointing.

This is the reason why no one plays FFXIV. It's not about the game. I think ffxiv is beautiful. BUT everyone knows Tanaka/SE is going to put you through the sh8tie system again therefore no one bothers.
    (6)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    This is the reason why no one plays FFXIV. It's not about the game. I think ffxiv is beautiful. BUT everyone knows Tanaka/SE is going to put you through the sh8tie system again therefore no one bothers.
    That about sums up my reasons for not playing FFXIV.
    (4)

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    That about sums up my reasons for not playing FFXIV.
    Mine also. SE will eventually give FFXIV the FFXI treatment. I dont see the point investing time and money in something that is destined to be ruined by policy and incompetence.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Not only have i intended on quitting but i am doing so. There just isn't anything new for a low man group to do. I could join an endgame LS but i really don't want to go back to that. Starting at the bottom, points blah blah, been there and done that.

The sad thing is they keep adding WoE areas but since you can no longer solo and get anything even that is a no go. And it just becomes a matter of time before people stop doing them and that leaves those that want to unable to do so.

I even went as far as to make an alt character to dual box with but i was able to get just about everything i needed and level to 99 in about a month. Had i not done this i probably would have quit 2 months ago.

To be honest i only stuck around for the version update. I was hoping that there was more to the update than 99 cap and merit weapon skills. They do tend to with-hold information until the actual update so i was hoping for more. With no new abilities for almost all jobs and more insanely expensive spells i felt cheated. I'm totally tired of the merit grind-fest.

IMO updates are coming way too slow. A year ago they promised more frequent updates yet this lasted a short time. The updates are horribly lacking and unless you are one of their "star" jobs you don't get attention for many updates. Just look at PUP took them forever to fix whats been broken since its release while SAM gets a new JA every update. As a main DNC i was completely disappointed. No new abilities, no fixes to the many complaints, and a new weapon skill that is slightly more powerful than evisceration outside abyssea (and it barely gets enhanced by their horrible JA ternary flourish which was the only thing dnc got last update).

I have played since the release of PS2 version, seen lots of changes good and bad, and i always looked forward to what was to come. As i sit here and think of what's to come all i can think of is more disappointment, merit grinding, ignorance of the player base and their suggestions/comments.

It's sad to see how much negativity is floating around in these forums, but it's to be expected. At least back in the good ol days when updates were ripe with new abilities, spells, content, etc the few disappointments didn't really matter as much because there was lots of good things to over-shadow those disappointments. Now, when you only get 1 ability/spell and its a dud, it hurts more.

Tried FFXIV, sucked, no go.
    (6)

yeah, I am sure some trolls will say good riddance, but didn't refill my crysta so soon I won't even be able to browse here - I'll miss some of the witty and insightful posters like GG, Krabknuckle, Sparthos and Spank... but c'est la vie.
    (7)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Because I've been trying to get customer support to make my security token get off my account, but they fking won't. So I'm going to go and report my credit card being "stolen" and just lose my account and MAYBE start over. I doubt I will though. That's my reason P:
    (0)
    Don't compare games that have no comparison.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    Imo, the word 'BALANCE' indicates that SE fail to see what to do next.

Now and then every little conversation SE say something about balance and never gives the exact plot. And when something happen, it usually turns out disappointing.

You do know Tanaka hasn't been in charge of XIV for a year now? (Thank god too. The man was strangling XIV as badly as he's strangling XI now.)

The new director, Naoki Yoshida, is SO much better on an unbelievable scale. If XIV was such a full time clean up for him, I'd want him to be XI's director to.

But for now, we have to deal with Captain Balance until he publicly humiliates himself again and he gets pushed to another game like Tertra Master II or something.
    (4)

Character
    Reyn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerith View Post
    You do know Tanaka hasn't been in charge of XIV for a year now? (Thank god too. The man was strangling XIV as badly as he's strangling XI now.)

The new director, Naoki Yoshida, is SO much better on an unbelievable scale. If XIV was such a full time clean up for him, I'd want him to be XI's director to.

But for now, we have to deal with Captain Balance until he publicly humiliates himself again and he gets pushed to another game like Tertra Master II or something.
    To illustrate, let's take a look at issues both games are currently facing: nerfs. Regardless of how you may feel about each nerf, I'd like to just compare how each situation was handled.

As you all know, XI is currently facing the WAR / MNK critical hit nerf. Tanaka sent us a messenger with a vague explanation that essentially boiled down to, "It would be too hard to balance other jobs upward, so we're just going to do this and here are the values." Look balance up in the dictionary, learn what the word means, and understand that's why we do everything we do that you don't like.

XIV is currently facing a nerf to casters, which interrupts spell casting when you move (before, you could zip all over the place and nuke to your heart's content). Yoshida personally responded on the forum with this. Look at that wall of text. Not only does he explain every point behind the change with examples, and how they intend to compensate, he further explains step by step how they intend the BLM role to be played. It's a stark contrast in communication.

As much as I would love to terrorize a Paladin in PVP with my ability to cast Burst II while running circles around him, I'm far more comfortable with them nerfing that than a nerf in XI that in no way effects any of the jobs that I play. Why? Because the fact that XIV's director takes the time to fully explain himself gives me faith that he knows what he's doing, and he has a plan for the future. Tanaka's copypasta, "It's too difficult", "Balance", explanations just don't cut it anymore, and I can no longer lend myself into a game that the developer thinks is too hard to develop.
    (9)
    Last edited by Reyn; 01-06-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Player
    In Tanaka's defense bringing every DD up to WAR standards would completely break this game, a game already made easy as piss with the majority of content having been designed for level 75s.

Everyone hitting 6k on mobs with a WS? Might as well give out brews with Conquest Points.

His fault is that he nerfed WAR/MNK and didn't bring something else to the table to compensate for the changes. He could explain himself but I imagine at this point Tanaka would be better off with actions rather than rambling about how Ukkos needed to be brought down a few pegs.

The 'nerf' wouldn't be taken so poorly if it came bearing gifts.
    (2)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    I'm in Fran's LS and just quit this month. This is exactly the sentiment I've been having.
    You and everyone else man... I log on sporadically to see if anything's up... and it's either usually 0 people on at all, Dan leveling his BST.

Pretty much the entire LS is playing SWTOR right now... initially people were going to play both, but the past month's events has pretty much turned everyone off of FFXI... I'll probably deactivate my accounts at the end of the month and see what the next update brings.
    (2)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast