Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I'm quitting. In short it is because I believe the development team to be incompetant. I'll be back in a few months to see if anything else has changed but yea. I've lost all confidence in the development team.
    (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Character
    Reyn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    There are a few things left that I want to accomplish - namely, finish WotG. I'm a lore oriented player. I don't much see the point in grinding for gear if the only thing it's going to do is make me stronger for... grinding for even more gear. I want epic storyline battles to use it for, and there really hasn't been much new in the way of lore for a very long time. Once I exhaust that, I don't see myself subscribing any longer.

The job nerfs haven't effected me yet, but seeing them happen is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The path to 99 should be about becoming stronger, and I don't like that the Dev team's current focus seems to be back-pedaling on everything they've established for the last year. Balance up, not down.

And the ultimate reason: FFXI no longer offers much value for my buck. I don't like paying the same amount for a game now, with these petty updates, as a few years ago when they were actively giving me something substantial to look forward to with every update. As broken as FFXIV is, the amount of positive and exciting changes they deliver with every update is staggering. At least in that case, I know my money is going toward more than just server upkeep and a trickle of cruise control updates.
    (9)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    During Abyssea nothing would of made me quit, because I was having a blast, had so many new things to do and there were few .001 drop rates for artifical gameplay extenders. Right now with very low amounts of new content, annoying drop rates that ruin VW, low budget while too much money is spent on 14 and other annoyances it's not the same, I play because there isn't anything else I want to move to (FF14 can kiss my ass, no matter what they do with that I'll never jump in a Square skinner box MMO again). I like FFXI, I carry on playing and hoping that more good things will come out but still fairly annoyed at the lackluster decisions and massive time grind ideas.

I was the same when I played PSO, I was annoyed at many aspects of that game but still played it for a long time, as soon as something new came out that actually clicked with me (ffxi) I literally never logged back into PSO ever again (and I was excessively hardcore about that game too). FFXI is the same really, if something good comes out that clicks with me while I'm in a mood as I am right now with FFXI then that will be it.

As addict is only an addict till they can get a better fix elsewhere, Square may have a lot of addicted players but if they keep us at a low point too long someone else will find a better hook for us.
    May I suggest Dungeon and Dragons Online (DDO). The system may take a bit to get used to as they use completely different terminology then most other MMO's, but the actual party dynamic and quest based system is insanely fun. Lately I've been finding myself playing DDO more and more and FFXI less and less. Eventually I see a time where they'll flip roles (FFXI is my main MMO, DDO is for when I'm getting burnt out or need something different). I may eventually cancel my FFXI account completely in favor of just staying with DDO.
    (3)

Character
    Mistmonster
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'll bite too as someone who has never let my subscription lapse and never thought I would quit.

1. VW being where the game is going and the completely STUPID drop system that the devs think nothing is wrong with. I don't mind VW, but the drop system kills it.

2. Stupid payments options that STILL have not been rectified. I am still in limbo unable to make changes to my accounts because I refuse to transfer. I signed up for SWTOR, guess what? I put in my non VBV card and it took it no questions asked. So easy.

3. No more story line to explore, I have almost done every quest/mission.

4. I didn't even know about the nerfs.. shows how much I really been caring lately.

4. Friends are mostly gone for similar reasons.
    (10)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    1. I'm paying money for a game I no longer enjoy logging onto.
    You're paying money for a game you likely have never logged into to begin with. Imagine the game we'd have if money paid for FFXI subscriptions was actually spent on FFXI development.
    (21)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I really hope the devs idea of fixing this whole game dose not involve procs or magian trials. I belive those two ideas did more damage to this game than just about anything else. AF3 could of had a very rich quest line to obtain gear. the idea to collect # seals from aby and vw and it yours idea was pure cheapnes. even the NPC LB are stupid , once apon a time I used to enjoy activity with them , not so much anymore..

I think its funny that alot of the people who are going away now, were all the greedey ones who had most jobs capped and lotted all seals with thier LSs only to leave the ones left to be stuck with this shitty system to get the gear they need with no help. another example of sub par development.
    (1)
    Last edited by deces; 12-29-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'll eventually quit out of principle if things don't change soon. Otherwise I'd just be a fool to not listen to myself preach what I preach. Like for example, lack of content(specifically EXPANSIONS) Why am I still paying full price for a fraction of the content I got 5 years ago? SE seems to think it is acceptable to cut the dev staff down to size to shove people onto 14 or where ever and still charge full price for a game that isn't supported nearly as much as it once was.

WARNING: The rest of this crap is blabbering

See, the standard MMO price of 12 dollars-ish give or take a dollar or two only works for as long as you support the game. Bandwidth isn't as expensive as people want to believe. We could pay 1 dollar a month each and pay for bandwidth costs and SE would still have money left over for a 500 dollar lunch, a new HDTV for break time, and lap dances all around from high class strippers. It's not THAT expensive, kids. Not for SE. I suggest you do some research online to learn how bandwidth pricing works.

I'd be much happier right now if I were paying say 6 or 7 dollars a month for what I'm getting. I'm fine as long as I'm paying for what I'm getting and not for what I should be getting. I've been preaching this for the longest time so that somebody somewhere will wake up to reality and not just be content with cherry picking FFXI income to fund other projects for as long as it lasts in the hopes that I don't have to take action someday. That "someday" is now approaching and it'll probably come after I've had my fill with BST.

I support the FFXI team. I love this game. And I understand the rock and the hard place they have to live in with the PS2 being involved that's not nearly as phased out as we like to think. But not for the base 13 dollars a month I'm paying because higher ups rather milk the game until dry than prolong it to be a constant steady source of income over the years by lowering the price if they insist on keeping the smallest crew ever for a high population pay for MMO(technically our subscriber base is still one of the highest for paid for MMOs)I know the PS2 deal is a pain in the ass, but you either deal with it to ensure future FFXI income or watch as that income dries up sooner than later because people got tired of add ons and reskins and no real expansions to the game that they can explore.

The Japanese are asking for PS3 FFXI. Give it to them and let's move forward instead of backwards. The transition will be a major pain in the ass but dammit it's worth the trouble for future hundreds of millions of dollars over the years. I don't give a damn what's new or old or any of that spin crap. The work of redoing FFXI is worth it in the long run. Frickin period. And the sad part of this is that FFXIV is partly a remake of FFXI. They just didn't know that people grow attached to their work and wouldn't be so willing to throw it away and start anew. We asked for FFXI upgrades. Not FFXIV. Just go back and read/watch the early FFXIV interviews, it's all right there. "people were asking for us to upgrade FFXI but we figured it made more sense to just do a whole new game since it was about the same amount of work" Yeah. How's that working out anyways?

I got tired of searching for the video I remember watching when they said this so this tidbit of a DG FFXIV interview with Tanaka will have to do:

I personally believe FFXI is an example of the best form of MMORPGs, and I feel proud of what FFXI has become over the past 8 years. However, my opinion is not the only one out there, and others have a different idea of what the ideal MMORPG is. FFXIV was the product of what Director Komoto and the others thought would make the ideal MMORPG. The reason we began production was because, after eight years, FFXI’s graphics were beginning to look dated compared to other games. When we thought about recreating FFXI with current technology, we decided instead that we might as well create FFXIV, a whole new game. We figured, if we were going to make a new game, putting the same system in wouldn’t be as fun as a whole new system. We got rid of auto-attack and opted for a command-style battle mode, focused on a battle system where positioning was more important, and tried to make a system with more flowing customization than the job system, along with other changes. On the other hand, we kept some of the ideas present in FFXI, like the linkshell and the play areas divided into regions.
    Jeez. Even SE understands my point although they went about things wrong with creating FFXIV to ensure they keep their customers around instead of recreating FFXI. I guess it's okay to do the work if it means pulling in bandwagon customers for a new game but it's not okay to do that work to ensure you keep an already existing customer base. My blabbering is over so thanks for having nothing better to do than read all of this shit. I know how you feel because I typed it.
    (11)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Anuke
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I'll quit after I accomplish all the goals I have in the game. This hasn't happened yet. And when I do, I'm humble enough to know that it's for my reasons, not under some delusion that it's because the game is failing.
    Yep! TBQMFH.

Delusional people, sup.

Ain't nobody payin them any attention.

(1)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    You're paying money for a game you likely have never logged into to begin with. Imagine the game we'd have if money paid for FFXI subscriptions was actually spent on FFXI development.
    This post infuriates me.

It infuriates me because you're probably absolutely right.

Wouldn't be shocked if for every dollar we're paying towards FFXI, four goes to FFXIV.
    (17)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Nobody quits FFXI. They always come back.
    (4)

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast