Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kariana
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Blade: Shun questions about function.

I'm curious about Blade: Shun. Was it proven that the fTP bonuses from gorgets and and belts applied to all the hits or just the first one? I believe it was proven they did for Resolution. I'm trying to think of a good set for Blade: Shun WS. Thanks alot in advance.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    fTP affects all hits of Shun.
    (0)

Am I right in thinking that using gorget and belt will increase ftp from 0.6875 to 0.8875 (a 29% increase) so this will beat anything else in neck and waist slots?
    (0)

Because Blade: Shun's fTP transfers across all hits, gorget/belt increase fTP from 4.125 to 5.325. This is indeed a 29% increase, but you should take the WS's total fTP including extra hits into account when factoring in total damage increase in general - it's a good habit to form.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

I see, thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Because Blade: Shun's fTP transfers across all hits, gorget/belt increase fTP from 4.125 to 5.325. This is indeed a 29% increase, but you should take the WS's total fTP including extra hits into account when factoring in total damage increase in general - it's a good habit to form.
    Well I that is true when ftp doesn't transfer such as in most ws's. I mean you get an 8 hit ws with 1.0 ftp, sure going from 1.0 to 1.2 might seem like a 20% increase when you calculate it on 8 hits you go from 8.2 to 8.0 or a 2.5% increase. If the ftp goes across all hits you only need to calculate it on a single hit to get how much it will increase your damage by. Since the percentage increase on one goes works with every hit.

I am not arguing as I agree it's good to calculate total ftp as you can't go wrong there. Just trying to explain some of the math.
    (0)

No, I know where they got their answer - and in this case it was correct. I was just saying that, in general, it's best to use total fTP because for anything aside from Shun/Reso/new-stuff that conserves fTP, it would give you bad results to only take first-hit fTP into account. We're saying the same thing pretty much.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    No, I know where they got their answer - and in this case it was correct. I was just saying that, in general, it's best to use total fTP because for anything aside from Shun/Reso/new-stuff that conserves fTP, it would give you bad results to only take first-hit fTP into account. We're saying the same thing pretty much.
    No? what did I say that was incorrect? Yes we are saying the same thing, I just wanted to clarify why for anyone reading this so they would know why if it wasn't obvious to them.
    (0)

I only used the 1st hit fTP for this ws as every site (at the time, might have been changed now) shows the WS fTP as being 0.6875 with a note underneath saying that the fTP carries for all hits.
    (0)

Character
    Mewgoat
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i keep hearing people say shun isn't worth it, but i (not having hi or a relic/mythic either) dont like jin as much outside of aby, and yu does more consistent damage. opinions?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast