Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Missangie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

ninja 2hr - upgrade plz?

I know this topic has been talked about before, but the other thread I was looking at went soooo off topic that it had to be shutdown, so I wanted to submit some of my ideas in a new thread.

Yes, the current mijin gakure has its uses in resetting weakness of death, but if this truly is what the 2hr is going to be used for, can we make it so that you have an auto- reraise effect? It sucks when you have already used your reraise scroll or you got oneshotted by a some magic or tp move and reraise had just worn off minutes ago. All I'm saying is, if resetting weakness is the intended use by the devs then why not make it complete by making it auto-reraise.

If this is not the intended use of mijin gakure, and it is perhaps for damage, then I propose that the damage of the explosion be increased. You are giving your life for it after all... This is my suggestion: the damage to one target should equal to your current hp (or at least half your hp). And it would be awesome if it could also be an AOE explosion (like how the beastmen mobs have a AOE mijin gakure) and this damage would be equal to your hp divided evenly among the number of mobs.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day. Please only serious posts that are on topic, and not just hating on posters or whatever seemed to go on at the other ninja 2hr thread.
    (2)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Teegrins!

I did always agree it's one of the most "what the..." 2-hour abilities ever conceived.

Either way, as for your proposal, I agree that would be nice.
    Don't think it would break anything, either.

That said, a Lv.95 Nagi provides this effect.
    Considering they would implement the effect to something that is virtually impossible to acquire for most of the players, I don't see this happening.

I actually initially thought the Koga Hakama +2 did this (when augmented), but seems it's added to Nagi at some point...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Doubt they're gonna Fix Mijin Gakure in any way, but they're gonna give us a new second 2hr (to all jobs) very soon.
    Knowing SE it's gonna be a new merit category like WSs, you'll be able to get up to 3 additional 2hrs.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Missangie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I did always agree it's one of the most "what the..." 2-hour abilities ever conceived.

Either way, as for your proposal, I agree that would be nice.
    Don't think it would break anything, either.

That said, a Lv.95 Nagi provides this effect.
    Considering they would implement the effect to something that is virtually impossible to acquire for most of the players, I don't see this happening.

I actually initially thought the Koga Hakama +2 did this (when augmented), but seems it's added to Nagi at some point...
    I did just recently get Nin 99, and I wasn't aware of Nagi.. ty for your information. here is my question tho.. does the Nagi give you reraise? or does it only gaurantee you unweakness and 100% hp IF you are raised?

Because if it is only the latter, then my suggestion would still be plausible~
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hmmm, I did the most recent tests on test-server today morning about 12 hours ago and quite sleepy now... but I think it would give me the Reraise effect and I would get up with full HP.
    I'm quite sure it did, but it was not the main point I was testing and did it quickly without putting any notes down so don't sue me if it's not accurate. ^^;

Moreover, I'm not sure if it's in-game yet actually.
    I haven't been following the implemented updates too well so it might be subject to change still.
    Also haven't tried each upgraded level of it as to my understanding, the level 75 Nagi does not have this effect.

Was unable to notice what the Relic +2 pants do to in the end (I actually did the tests today because I was going to reply to this thread saying that the pants give the Reraise effect, but as I had thought that I might have actually been holding the Nagi at the time I first tested them, that might not be the case so I went there to confirm that).

It probably is posted on some forum already though, and while I am curious as to what it is now since it's not the Reraise effect, I don't have the energy to look for it. xd
    (0)

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    According to BG/FFXIclopedia, Nagi's Mijin Augment "Allows the Ninja to be raised with 100% HP and no weakness"

Now, when you Mijin once you get raised you aren't weak.......so it sounds like all it gives you is 100% hp. By the sound of the description, you still need to get a raise somehow. There was no "reraise" mentioned.

And according to BG, Hakama +2 enhances the damage of mijin.
    (0)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, that's the "old" augment of the Nagi.
    They seem to have included the Auto-Reraise into it at some point of the upgrade processes.

I've tried it several times on the Test-server now, so either it's a glitch, or it does indeed have it.
    Updating the Test-server client as I write this, and will test again with different level Nagis.

If the Hakama really enhance the damage... it's not much, which is to be expected I guess.
    For now, to me at least, the enhancement for the Samurai's Meikyo Shisui is the most useful (allows TP-gain during the effect!) though that is not to say that slightly increased duration on Chainspell, Perfect Dodge, and the likes isn't useful.

Enhanced Mijin Gakure damage though...
    It would have to be quite an increase to be something worthwhile me thinks.
    I had that in mind but didn't notice any big changes so I was hoping that was not it. I will, however, test that more on the side of the Nagi shortly. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Seems it's already in the first upgrade, Trial 1054.
    I can't try the non-upgraded version since I obviously don't have that, and as far as I know, there is no way out of the ordinary to obtain it (you can only get the reward items of them Trials).

Even though I tend to edit FFXIclopedia a lot, or more so the Gamer Escape wikki nowadays, I haven't added any of this as it is only Test-server data and I can't obviously confirm it on the 'real' server.

As for the side-test, I only tried a few times while testing the Nagi:

First one without pants, +500 to Ghillie Dhu during the new Nyzul Isle Investigation, and +1200 with pants on to a Wamouracampa.

In Abyssea, the same +1200 to Gukumatz with pants on (would've tried with them, too, but I didn't happen to get any 'intense blue box' to reset the 2-hour ability before fighting Sobek, which went absolutely well, stunning every spell I tried to stun, though of course it decided to cheat when at around 1% HP by eye-balling it, and use the insta-KO move).

Finally, +600 in Nyzul to a Black Mage Draugar, without (those) pants.

HP +1400 without pants, +1500 with them, and in Abyssea, exactly 1000 more.
    I guess the HP boost doesn't affect it, never really tested that, and if that is true, seems it does deal around double the damage with the pants on. Could be wrong, but as I said, testing it on the side only and don't have the time to test it more thoroughly (which someone else likely has done already).
    Could've at least use the same monster, or same type of a monster at least but meh~ ^^;
    (0)

Character
    Missangie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Dragoy, you're able to try out the Nagi on the test server without having the Nagi on the real server?

Your doing Mijin gakure dmg of upwards 1000 dmg on the test server? This is when your hp is max?

If you could try doing it while weakened, it would help out the tests, because alot of times we use mijin gakure to "reset" ourselves so while weakened is most often the case for me.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yes, all the Magian Trial awarded weapons are available to be obtained freely and no, I'm not crazy enough to use my time into getting a Relic/Mythic weapon with the current requirements normally. ^^;

I will keep that weakened part in mind, and when I have the time, will give it a ride.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast