Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think dispel step would be way too much lol, means a dispel every 15 seconds or so, no one has such a fast dispel I think. Also, steps all have a building effect on the monster. Dispel can't really become a daze on target.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    the actual spell has a 10sec base recast, as does blank gaze.
    And who says all steps have to act the same. all you have to do is believe!!
    (0)

Character
    Dova
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    If they did anything to Flours 3 i dont think i'll ever use them. I like striking my rudra's ><;
    (0)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Quetzalcoatl/Dova

Character
    Bigboy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I'm gonna toss out a big fat NO here. DNC is already an outrageously strong class. Seriously, you can solo almost anything... You don't need a dispel too. And specifically to the person who hinted at wanting a flourish that would dispel multiple effects at a time... I don't know why you would think it would be a good idea to suddenly usurp the role of best dispeler in the game by nearly 5x. That's so ridiculous, it'd be laughable.

Lets make a tank that heals itself for massive amounts, dispels effects, can erase itself, enfeebles the mob, grants itself a run speed bonus, is highly evasive, and can self skill chain roughly every minute! Sounds like a fair and balanced design, right guys?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
    I'm gonna toss out a big fat NO here. DNC is already an outrageously strong class. Seriously, you can solo almost anything... You don't need a dispel too. And specifically to the person who hinted at wanting a flourish that would dispel multiple effects at a time... I don't know why you would think it would be a good idea to suddenly usurp the role of best dispeler in the game by nearly 5x. That's so ridiculous, it'd be laughable.

Lets make a tank that heals itself for massive amounts, dispels effects, can erase itself, enfeebles the mob, grants itself a run speed bonus, is highly evasive, and can self skill chain roughly every minute! Sounds like a fair and balanced design, right guys?

Super fair thanks for being on board with this
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by GERM View Post
    DNC is more of a healing job or tank job then it is a support role.. COR and BRD are the only support jobs out there SMN and RDM are mage jobs which means they use MP to multi task and by saying RDM is support is actually insulting giving the average RDM would find more use in their job then a dnc.. (Read the RDM forum they are some pretty unhappy people there)

But I agree a dispel flourish would be nice to see especially pre 50 it would make a great tool as a main or sub job
    My criteria for defining a support job: party wide refresh, haste, and other benefits to a party that aren't standard (ie: defense down on a mob, paralyze, slow etc). While I agree dnc is able to heal and tank mobs on the other side of the job it is able to enhance the parties damage with steps as well as buff the party with sambas. Pigeon holing dnc as a healer or tank only is short sighted. Sure, DNC has Waltzes but that's just one of the many JA's that make up the list, the job's major tanking tool is an optional JA that isn't even available until you level 75. Also labeling jobs that use MP only as mage jobs is also ignorant. Just because a job uses MP it can't support a party? Avatars favor, and the entire Blood Pact: Ward series are support abilities. Rdm is the only job listed I can see an argument against it being a support job but there are situations where a RDM is only needed to haste and refresh his comrades and enfeeble the opposition. I made a point in saying that those are the jobs I consider support jobs, jobs that I have played and learned to appreciate, you're welcome to your opinion but if you're going to attempt to come at my post back it up with better claims.

Back to the topic Flourish I seems to be the best place for a dispel ability to me and I think an easy way to implement it is to add a job ability at level 50 that adds dispel to one of the flourishes of that category. While weight and dispel and stun and dispel sound awesome to me I feel that animated flourish is the likely candidate for such an ability.

For those who don't think Dancer needs a dispel ability think back to when Garuda's hastega lasted 30 seconds for 120 MP, or when Corsair didn't have sleep or dispel, or when Bard could only AOE their songs. When these things were fixed other jobs were still able to exist in their own lanes. Adding dispel to Dancer's repertoire is kind of like the missing piece to a puzzle.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Now that mages mostly sub RDM, the only time that Dispel is really an issue someone else can't handle is when we're solo or duoing with another melee (in which case we might as well be solo). So lets not mince words, it's a solo tool.

Would I like to have it, as a solo tool? Sure!
    In the long term, would it make our job more desirable in group settings? Not really!

But for the same reasons, balance-wise:
    Would it lead to balance issues on the group-scale? No!
    Would it lead to balance issues on the solo-scale? There can't really be balance issues on the solo scale. Everyone goes their best solo job to solo anyway, so potentially changing which job that is doesn't matter.
    (0)

I think BRDs will be fine not being the best dispellers.
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    DNC is already an outrageously strong class.
    You talk as if DNC was the most overpowered Job in game. It is not. All jobs have been boosted on several sides and I don't think my request is any less fair than those NINs asking for Utsusemi:San or BLMs asking for Death spell.

DNC is a multi-task job, next to RDM and BLU and PUP, it can cover several roles. it is not a TANK or a HEALER or a DD or a SUPPORT JOB only, it can be anything as the situation requires and that's what multi-tasking means (not saying that the other jobs I listed can be all of that, but sure they can do more than one thing in a party).

And before you talk about a job being overpowered or too strong, maybe you should consider the fact that DNC is the only main melee job whose main weapon's skill rank is only a B+. (Even PUP got that fixed now.)
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    You talk as if DNC was the most overpowered Job in game. It is not. All jobs have been boosted on several sides and I don't think my request is any less fair than those NINs asking for Utsusemi:San or BLMs asking for Death spell.

DNC is a multi-task job, next to RDM and BLU and PUP, it can cover several roles. it is not a TANK or a HEALER or a DD or a SUPPORT JOB only, it can be anything as the situation requires and that's what multi-tasking means (not saying that the other jobs I listed can be all of that, but sure they can do more than one thing in a party).

And before you talk about a job being overpowered or too strong, maybe you should consider the fact that DNC is the only main melee job whose main weapon's skill rank is only a B+. (Even PUP got that fixed now.)
    Uhhh... When did that happen, according to wiki, PUP's H2H skill is still B+. It used to be C+.

Edit: And I agree, a lot of the suggestions here make DNC the best at everything all the time. Which is the problem. I think we could do with a 3rd JA similar to fan/saber dances that would put us in a "healing mode" with a -delay on waltzes and maybe even +potency at the expense of say, damage dealt would be reduced by 30%.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alkalinehoe; 03-17-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast