Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The only thing I miss about the old days is the 6-man group. There was nothing fun about waiting hours for that perfect combo of jobs/levels to show up so a group could be made, but after the group was assembled, it was usually great. I made a lot of friends in exp groups (most of them temporary, but we had fun) when it was only 6 of us. Working together, pushing our limits, finding our groove... that was great stuff. I still see people running around Jeuno that I remember leveling with back in Crawlers Nest, the Jungles, $hitadel, etc. I can't name one player that I've leveled with in Abyssea.

I can't speak to the challenge of HNMs. Only every showed up to Behemoth once, and we didn't get claim. Based on the community outcry, I can imagine the challenging fights are sorely missed. I hope they do introduce some really tough fights (note: tough fights, not tough claims).
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Sounds interesting, the only drawback I could see with this would be people bringing a shitload of mules to increase their chances of popping it. You could make it alliance based, however, that too could be abused by artificially splitting up. Maybe a combination of party/alliance and the size thereof, or make it so alliances cannot be reformed or the mob will automatically claim to someone else.

Just a few ideas to bounce off the wall. There's definitely something there.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    The only thing I miss about the old days is the 6-man group. There was nothing fun about waiting hours for that perfect combo of jobs/levels to show up so a group could be made, but after the group was assembled, it was usually great. I made a lot of friends in exp groups (most of them temporary, but we had fun) when it was only 6 of us. Working together, pushing our limits, finding our groove... that was great stuff. I still see people running around Jeuno that I remember leveling with back in Crawlers Nest, the Jungles, $hitadel, etc. I can't name one player that I've leveled with in Abyssea.

I can't speak to the challenge of HNMs. Only every showed up to Behemoth once, and we didn't get claim. Based on the community outcry, I can imagine the challenging fights are sorely missed. I hope they do introduce some really tough fights (note: tough fights, not tough claims).
    Yeah in fact i miss more 6man PT than camping world spawn HNM so, if we are just in agreement with this, thats enouth to made me happy with the comunity
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I enjoy the new content, but whats the problem if SE re introduce new HNM?? if you dont like it just dont go for it.
    I don't want new *world spawn* HNM. Any and all new bosses going forward should be pop NMs, battlefields, or event-driven. No more monsters that pop on days-to-weeks-long timer, ever. If they want to make a pop HNM boss that takes 20 people to win in an hour, that's cool- I'd do that a few times. I love a good boss fight. I don't love claim bots and waiting around, so I'll stick to the content where that's not an issue.

Nobody, or very few, people want old fasioned HNM back- there are enough of those still in the game if you want to do them, and it's not worth the developers time to keep adding new content that most people actively do not want.

Join voidwatch groups if you want to fight big bad bosses. Find like-minded individuals who think the same way you do and enjoy your 6-man parties and existing world spawn HNMs (most of which can be done with just a few people now) while everyone else enjoys content that was designed to be able to be enjoyed without having to deal with botters or lots of waiting around doing nothing in order to access them.

The only thing I miss about the old days is the 6-man group.
    This is what I miss the least of all, at least in the context that most people use the phrase "6-man group." Unless you were a SAM, BRD, or RDM, good *^#$ing luck getting a party. 6-man group for most people meant stting in jeuno for hours on end waiting for a party invite or waiting to find one of the previously mentioned jobs since every BRD or RDM was always either in a party already, otherwise busy, or /anon.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-28-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah, putting together a 6 man grouped sucked. Honestly, I talk a lot in abyssea parties. I've met lots of different people. (18 > 6). I think you have nostalgia goggles on. Theres no reason why you can't talk and make friends in xp parties in abyssea. It's actually easier to converse, because it requires far less concentration to actually have a good abyssea party.
    (2)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If there are people who really honestly miss camping world spawn HNMs I would like to remind them that everything but Kings is still on their shitty old timers so if you just miss camping for the sake of camping have at it!! I'm sure Sandworm would be happy to see you. The only reason in the world to ask for long window HNM camps is because you don't enjoy doing something unless you feel like you beat someone else for it. If that's the case go play a PvP game.

As for these valor points.. I'm not 100% opposed but they should be used for a 3rd merit category or something and have nothing to do with claiming HNMs that should never exist. Creating a reason to occasionally do a different type of exp isn't the worst idea I have ever heard.
    (4)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BitMusic View Post
    Yet it did you no good when the server merge happened and kazoku crushed persistance within two weeks

I'm up for some new world spawns all the people against them don't need to partcipate in them at all. Diffrent events for diffrent type of people some selfish people only want content they themselves like and never think of others.
    I had already quit before then, so did most of the core, the shell had already fallen apart. I don't even think they were called persistence anymore. wasnt it some weird pink shell? besides our little taru agent infiltrated your shell and toni's pants.

By that point we were all so sick of play ffxi like a 1 player game, people didnt even bother showing up to camp faf anymore, we'd let it roam around for 3hrs just to keep it in our time, we had something like a 98% claim rate. Do people want to go back to that?
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BitMusic View Post
    Yet it did you no good when the server merge happened and kazoku crushed persistance within two weeks

I'm up for some new world spawns all the people against them don't need to partcipate in them at all. Diffrent events for diffrent type of people some selfish people only want content they themselves like and never think of others.
    I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "selfish".

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    If there are people who really honestly miss camping world spawn HNMs I would like to remind them that everything but Kings is still on their shitty old timers so if you just miss camping for the sake of camping have at it!! I'm sure Sandworm would be happy to see you. The only reason in the world to ask for long window HNM camps is because you don't enjoy doing something unless you feel like you beat someone else for it. If that's the case go play a PvP game.

As for these valor points.. I'm not 100% opposed but they should be used for a 3rd merit category or something and have nothing to do with claiming HNMs that should never exist. Creating a reason to occasionally do a different type of exp isn't the worst idea I have ever heard.
    I think they already did this with the XP requirements for upgrading relic armor in dynamis.
    (0)

Character
    Bitmusic
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    I had already quit before then, so did most of the core, the shell had already fallen apart. I don't even think they were called persistence anymore. wasnt it some weird pink shell? besides our little taru agent infiltrated your shell and toni's pants.

By that point we were all so sick of play ffxi like a 1 player game, people didnt even bother showing up to camp faf anymore, we'd let it roam around for 3hrs just to keep it in our time, we had something like a 98% claim rate. Do people want to go back to that?
    She's still with Tony now i think lol. It was pink over here honestly can't remember the name now, it ended with claim been banned and meyaca hoping to valefor i think.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I think they already did this with the XP requirements for upgrading relic armor in dynamis.
    Yeah I was thinking that as I typed it out. Same idea but in zones without time limits. A small part of me wouldn't mind OCCASIONALLY making an old school party. Like very very occasionally.
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast