Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Dear SE,

(Yeah, i'm back on my old thread again )
    So, I'm back after a long break of FFXI mainly because i'm was waiting for REM upgrade (lv99 to lv119) +. i'm was busy IRL.

Now i'm finaly back in the game, but after reading forums and discutions, i see what you want to make for this game on future, with a vertical progression, and i really, really think this is an huge mistake.

The main reason why FFXI was so good (back to lv 75) was because you know when you spend time on something, it was going to be really a good investisment of time.
    Now, you work to get new items, and 6 months after you can trash them because they are outdated by the new items, and this is really bad / demotivate...
    I think, It's demotivating for most of players who really spend time in this game... (For me it is).

And that is why i still think, the best way to keep FFXI alive is bring it back to what he was at lv 75, because it worked, I've never had more emotions in a game than FFXI at lv 75 cap.

Of course, emotions was sometimes "feeling sad" but in counterpart we was "feeling euphoric" also. (Balance of life i guess)
    And personaly if i have to choice, i prefer by far to having to go bad and good feeling, Than having this actual "flat" game without powerful contrasted emotions

The emotions are life, forge life, make life exciting, the emotions are the key to what we call "fun"
    And I think, if you remove the risk of bad emotions (like you did with removing of the "unfair" world pop HNM), you also remove the good emotions (Balance counterpart)

I think FFXI should go back to old proven concept and stop this dangerous vertical progression that rape everyone every 6 months, it's the best thing you can make to keep this game so unique...
    A timeless game...

Thank you for your attention
    (1)
    Last edited by Hercule; 02-07-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hello everyone,

Dear SE,

Now that we are almost in 2016, FFXI is still here, and this is great, I still love this game and all the new stuff that SE created these last years, now we are at the end of the Storyline with the final chapter I just would like SE to reconsider reintroducing the world pop HNM system as one of the possible end game system.

I really think it could be benefit, and give a second life to the game, not everyone loved this system, but there also alot of people who loved it and miss it.
    It should be really sexy

Thank you
    (0)

Player
    Your original post talked about hard fights and working together and whatnot, and by all accounts, we totally have all that in 2015. All HNMs would add to the game is people having to wait around to not get a claim. Why would anyone want that? How is that compelling content? And more to the point, why would anyone say "Hey guys, we made a new feature - it's just like our old features, except you'll probably never get to do it!"

This is a terrible idea, let it go.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The main reason why FFXI was so good (back to lv 75) was because you know when you spend time on something, it was going to be really a good investisment of time.
    Now, you work to get new items, and 6 months after you can trash them because they are outdated by the new items, and this is really bad / demotivate...
    I think, It's demotivating for most of players who really spend time in this game... (For me it is).
    You're griping about progression style, which is fine, but that has little to do with your topic title. I won't discuss this part of your post because it's irrelevant to the issue at hand (HNMs do not depend on a particular progression method, they can exist or not entirely independent of that)

The HNM system was badly designed from the beginning, and it encouraged cheating/botting all in a big war to be the one to get the right to fight a monster. Fighting the HNMs themselves was fun and I have great memories of the epic battles. Waiting several hours in one place doing essentially anything but playing the game itself only to watch someone fight the monster you spent hours waiting for was not the fun part. Yes, I know some people relished the competition. But I wasn't one of them. I only participated because it was the only way to get some of the best items in the game. The cheating was what really ruined it for me, but it the waiting game was never enjoyable in the first place. I can understand the argument that the terrible system and tons of waiting increased the excitement level when you finally got an item from it, but I don't need that. The game is (and should be) fun and exciting enough without that kind of gimmick being needed to enhance said excitement.
    (0)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Of course my original message from 2011 on first page is half obsolete now, but I still think that it could be really cool for the players that miss it to reintroduce some world pop HNM for current players level.

Nowadays SE could easily make the system better to avoid bot as I said, the difference between something you get right when you "want it" and something you "have to wait to get it" is huge, when you want and you invest time and efforts to get something it's always epic when you get it.

Just imagine if you could get all the epic stuff from the game for free (as a test server) then you will be happy 1min to get all thoses R/E/M and epic armor set, then you will stop the game.

I really think that it's benefit to have to work/wait/make efforts to get something because if it is not, then the value of your reward don't have the same taste.

it's like the difference between a rotten rich kid who has everything he wants when he wants and is bored of everything.
    And the child of a poor family that's so happy to wait for a little Christmas gift that will make him so happy all the year.

That my point of view
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    God, I sure am looking forward to spending 8 hour shifts sitting around waiting to attempt to claim an NM instead of playing the game, sleeping, or any other activity that's fun or useful.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    God, I sure am looking forward to spending 8 hour shifts sitting around waiting to attempt to claim an NM instead of playing the game, sleeping, or any other activity that's fun or useful.
    Think of all the reading you could do, or other games you could be playing for 29-minute stretches.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    dear lord. I had no idea I was replying to an old thread lol.

it's like the difference between a rotten rich kid who has everything he wants when he wants and is bored of everything.
    Somehow I knew you'd say something like that. The problem is, to me it's the people who step all over you for the claim and win the drops that you don't even get to try for, they are the spoiled rich kids.

The challenge of getting loot in this game should be difficult battles, not being the first person out of a hundred to press Provoke. That's the way it is now, and I don't see many people complaining about that.

Think of all the reading you could do, or other games you could be playing for 29-minute stretches.
    I sure love paying a monthly fee to play my offline games and read books. I don't know how I ever would have done those things without HNM claim windows.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-24-2015 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I sure love paying a monthly fee to play my offline games and read books. I don't know how I ever would have done those things without HNM claim windows.
    Woosh.1234
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Woosh.1234
    Nope, not woosh. I figured it, I was just covering my behind in case you were serious. You never know for sure on this board...
    (0)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17