Arvina Ringlet
    [Ring] All Races
    AGI+4 Marksmanship skill+3
    Magic Accuracy+2
    Lv.98 All Jobs

Possible Stormsoul replacement?

Your thoughts?
    (0)

For Quick Draw Accuracy like light shot and dark shot? Awesome.

For everything else? Meh.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Moepapa is better, it has 5 agi and 5 skill. However this doesn't look too bad.
    I'm planning to make some tests about Wildfire and marksmanship skill and if results show that it actually matters, this ring+moepapa would be the ideal ws set for rings.
    (0)

Skill isn't included in the current working formula for wildfire. I feel like this would be remarkably easy to test on the test server if verification is needed.

Also, I did not know Moepapa ring existed. That is pretty neat.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Two stormsouls would still win. I'm actually looking at this ring as a "keep it on" compromise ring. Playing on 360 I really can only swap out 10 pieces of gear in a double shoulder button macro. Triple presses just slow the action down to much and get hung up in laggy situations. So there's always few slots I don't change for this reason. That's where I try to put generally good but not the best gear.

Usually its the earring slot since most bonuses there pale in comparison to other slots. But this ring might be useful to keep on allowing me to swap at a different slot. It's always fun to try to min max with a built in handicap of having to keep 2-3 slots unchanged.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Skill isn't included in the current working formula for wildfire. I feel like this would be remarkably easy to test on the test server if verification is needed.

Also, I did not know Moepapa ring existed. That is pretty neat.
    I don't know, some people have started saying that with their skill increasing their damage from WF is going up as well...I know rumours are rumours, but I guess it's worth a check on test server.
    (0)

Player
    I wouldn't be that shocked if Marksmanship skill affects the magic accuracy of Wildfire to some degree, since it affects the magic accuracy of Quickdraw. It should only take five minutes to test on the test server by laying into a level 80 thing with a level 0 Marksmanship-powered Wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    Two stormsouls would still win. I'm actually looking at this ring as a "keep it on" compromise ring. Playing on 360 I really can only swap out 10 pieces of gear in a double shoulder button macro. Triple presses just slow the action down to much and get hung up in laggy situations. So there's always few slots I don't change for this reason. That's where I try to put generally good but not the best gear.
    You'd probably be better off just keeping the Stormsoul rings on full-time. You'd only gain 1 or 2 ranged accuracy (which isn't needed at all times), 3 ranged attack, and probably around 4 magic accuracy (which isn't needed at all times). That seems like a minor gain for giving up 3 AGI, which is a modifier in huge amounts for both Wildfire and Last Stand.

Especially considering how far Corsair's damage can lean towards the weaponskill phase compared to most jobs.
    (0)