World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    We have different definitions of "good DD jobs"
    Well i played with a full stuffed + tizona BLU not a random one
    (0)
    Last edited by Hercule; 12-29-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So you're comparing a "full stuffed" blu to shit dds then. That doesn't make blu able to out-damage good DDs
    (1)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    No, i just wanted to say its not because you was BLU that maded so hard to find an exp group on LV 75, the gap is not that big,
    This was most a mentality problem from players that wanted only SAM, DRG and WAR
    (0)

Character
    Katsurakotonoha
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i played since japanese release so i been on partys for long time
    (0)
    Since abysea came out i seen an overgrowing number of people dont even know how to play the game correctly
    party´s are now obsolete now and my only way of getting exp are 1.- solo or 2.-GoV Burning
    wish i could party again

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Once again, I must post my princess brd image from the good old days, where I cared not for DRK or PLD parties.

(1)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    One may ask "what makes you feel you're so special that others will want to willingly lower their exp/hr to compensate for you"

For me, the question to that answer is if you are my friend, I don't mind what job you come on.

For random people, that answer is sorry, not happening
    This in a fucking nutshell. My 1st 75 was RDM which I hit at the Ullikummi camp with friends. Was much fun.
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    +1 me too

Seriouslly, the birdy party princesses were the same turds who wanted the game to be harder again because it made it so only a few people would have maxed merits and then they could be special again. Now they are all upset cause their old gear is worth snot, and anyone with 3-4 friends can get the same gear they suckered 18-72 people out of for 2+ years.

I started with ToAU and have been pup main mnk second since then, and I got to say, me + my pet could easily keep up with any mnk in a bird party, but no one ever wanted to count pet as part of PUPs dd add in full attachments and SP and it was no question that I was just as good as any 'great' dd.

It was very much an 'elite' crew onry type setup, and I gotta say I am super glad that way off life is over, because the idea of a few people benefiting from the work of many is really sad/lame and probably the main reason abyssea took off so well. It ment those other 17-71 people farming 'you' items were also gettings fair treatment and good gear.

I wont argue that the avg abyssea exp alliance is mostly slackers.

I would say 1/3 are perma-afk or leechs (wtf is up with leechs not keying now?)
    1/3 actually there helping
    1/3 semi-afk / contributing now and then / were level 30 leechs and are not level 60 -cant-hit-anythings
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    -25% of the Alliance is lv 30+ /anon leech exp
    -25% of the Alliance is lv 50+ thats try to deal damage but deal nothing
    -25% of the Alliance is AFK, Half AFK~
    -25% of the Alliance do their job.
    What I ususally see is
    - 1 or 2 people of low level spending 100s of K cruor on keys and running around opening them all
    - 4-5 people in the 70s/80s trying to fight and maybe not doing a great job of it, but arent afk- there's nothing wrong with these people being here
    - maybe 1-2 people afk
    - rest active and <10 levels off cap or capped and grinding merits

I have never seen "25% of a party" be very low levels nor have I ever seen "25%" of the party be AFK. whatever low levels are in the party are generally doing an important job that contributes to the group.
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The funny thing about the princess people is that they would often stand around in town for 2-3 hours waiting for that perfect party set up. Then go party for 2-3 hours getting 30k+ /hr exp. and it would never occur to them that they were actually getting exp slower than in a crap party. Sometimes I would go merit with LS mates, cap merits, come back and the same friggin sam or bard that I invited when I started the party is still standing in town with his flag up.
    (4)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    For myself what i see is:

-25% of the Alliance is lv 30+ /anon leech exp
    -25% of the Alliance is lv 50+ thats try to deal damage but deal nothing
    -25% of the Alliance is AFK, Half AFK~
    -25% of the Alliance do their job.
    What I see is:
    1-2 keyers
    14-15 leeches (afk/low level/awful gear)
    1-2 actual decent players who pull the entire weight of the alliance.

Regardless, it's still the best way to exp hands down. We're not weighed down by awful gear, awful levels, or lack of skill anymore. No longer must we wait thirty minutes for some guy (usually the white mage, tank, or puller) to order pizza. And no longer must we spend four hours trying to find the right jobs only to have the one possible option log on and tell us no.

Besides, most of the people who have a problem against Abyssea exp are the people who are weighing the alliance down. Maybe these complainers think Abyssea exp is too easy because they haven't taken the proper time themselves outside of it to learn their job?

Player nowadays are so lazy they want to get all stuff without any work.
    Same people who complain Abyssea exp is too easy -- these people don't have the armor, yet they complain that it's so easy to get.

Or do you mean botting HNMs is "work"?

On level 75 it was easy to find an experience party or to build one
    .... No. Did you even play FFXI before Abyssea came out?
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast