Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    A

I SPECIFICALLY SAID and I QUOTE

"Do i think 500 pw is reasonable? No, but I also could appreciate the journey in reaching for my goals in game. WHEN WAS ENDGAME EVER REASONABLE?

I ALSO said I would never attempt 500 pws.. So how am i defending them? No im not defending.. I'm just not going to concern myself a VERY SMALL issue. It is a small issue to me because I DONT HAVE THE F*CKING TIME to do it, so I simply wouldn't try or care.
    Hypocrite statement.... so you like "barance" challenging unreasonable trials yet you are not even attempt to do it at all but want this to be implemented so "other people but yourself" can go through the ordeal???

No, no, no. Abyssea is great, it gives options for many casual players or just people in general who refuse to go do the hamster masochist wheel of tanaka's. The game is great as it is - MANY OPTIONS for both casual and hardcore. If "grinding" for artificial challenge with very little result is your thing - there are many activities for you to do - from the classic bcnm, revamped dyna, forgotten WoE, to Logwatch..err Voidwatch. Others who rather take the sane way with much better rewards in short amount of time do Abyssea.

Abyssea is a double edge sword - good players will take great advantage of it and bad players will become even worse - these never go away even before Abyssea. Some people are inherently bad - no matter how many elite gears they have - they still suck because they have very little idea on how to play the job.
    (10)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by newmonkey View Post
    Not mad at all just pointing out some facts theres a reason you're banned from ffxiah and bg forums.
    What the hell does that have to do with endgame as it used to be back at 75 cap?

I'm with Flion, I'm EU aswell and being EU and trying to do endgame successfully pre-abyssea was hard. Your average EU shell couldn't kill squat, which is why I never got to do Einherjar until late 2009 when I joined an endgame shell that actually tried to do events at a time that their EU members could attend. But those shells were few and far between, at least the successful ones.
    (7)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Well there was never before anything like Abyssea, it opened the game to everyone when before it was content for a minority (and yes I was in that minority and I still thought it was stupid), it also removed the huge timesinks, the roster of events all timed for you to fill the week and the LS for everything mindset (remember the irritation of finding a ls for the events you wanted to do in your timezone around your work schedule?). I think that is it's major successes, it's failing was XP made too easy and brews etc. Abyssea I think was still the best thing ever to happen to the game and I'm sad there won't be anymore of it, the next year of more VW and WoE will show how much people like the new endgame I guess (what do you think of WoE and VW btw Arcon? Assuming you do them).

You don't deserve the time to give them, go play the game for a few months and maybe you can make an informed decision. Go try Abyssea with your friends/wifey/ls and then go try the new premier content (WoE/VW) and lets see what you think then, your opinion would hold more merit if you had more experience and not just got back shouting at people that are actually doing the stuff.
    amen, we want content that will keep us involved/interested. yes, we are playing an mmo and there are timesink elements to these events to make sure that we keep renewing our subscription fees each month. [A] was fail because you could gear X-mule on Y-job with empy in 1-2 weeks, with nothing in the way of a timesink, except for leveling/gearing multiple jobs...VW is fail because you can grind X-NM for Y-pops and have an approx 1% chance of shiny new item (that's if you're lucky and are maxing out lights, lol). letting my crysta run out.
    (5)

Character
    Afterdarkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with endgame as it used to be back at 75 cap?

I'm with Flion, I'm EU aswell and being EU and trying to do endgame successfully pre-abyssea was hard. Your average EU shell couldn't kill squat, which is why I never got to do Einherjar until late 2009 when I joined an endgame shell that actually tried to do events at a time that their EU members could attend. But those shells were few and far between, at least the successful ones.
    Well that sucks for you aswell but this wasn't the case for everyone.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You used to talk shit to people daily for no reason at all, you even came to bg and started with your childish nonsense.
    you can always flag people for harassment if they are abusing the rulez
    :P
    that'll take away their posting powers.

it's a forum, but plz, no flame-wars.
    (3)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    you can always flag people for harassment if they are abusing the rulez
    :P
    that'll take away their posting powers.

it's a forum, but plz, no flame-wars.

Thanks, will do.
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    You posted something good finally.

We agree on something it seems.
    Except have you actually fought those NMs? Without temps the fights turn into death fests. The top tier NM's can basically one shot everyone near them at any point in time, making getting procs impossible without fanatics of fools. Without procs what little chance of loot you do have is going down the drain fast. Go take a long look at those NMs, some can cause weakness, you know the effect that happens when you die, just by hitting you. Some can aoe weakness, aoe death, or just spam death / cheap moves. Pil's flanking movement hits for 1.5 ~ 2.5K which is more HP then your DD's will have. He can put up a barrier that will negate all damage until you proc a weakness, but you can't proc those weakness's because your hitting for 0 and every few seconds all your DD's are killed. And he's one of the easier ones. Some have hate reset, or worse rapid enmity decay which makes them often walk around just one shoting everyone.

If SE made the fights realistic then temps wouldn't be needed, but as is you use them or you die.
    (1)

with 2 separate server merges
    Wrong. There was only one in the abyssea era. The first one you're thinking of happened in March of 2010, an update before Visions of Abyssea was released.
    (7)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've been reading the forums and i'm honestly in shock at some of you. Okay, here's a simple question, can someone, show me cold hard evidence ABYSSEA REVIVED FFXI? Because for me personally, me and my entire endgame ls QUIT BECAUSE of abyssea. Most of my friends quit for good and have yet to return.
    You're missing one major point though. I don't know if it was just over your head or not, but abyssea, was never end game.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well that sucks for you aswell but this wasn't the case for everyone.
    Didn't have to be the case for me either if I was willing to stay up and do stuff like dynamis at 3am my time. Which I wasn't, I'm one of those people who actually need to sleep. Flion has a point, it was kinda tough to be EU and doing endgame back @ 75 cap. But of course, seeing as you probably aren't EU that's irrelevant to you.
    (4)

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast