Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Extenarator

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's not even easy to cap attack on EP mobs in Dynamis without Berserk.
    (0)

7 Agi is almost guaranteed to give you +6 base damage (5% chance of only giving +5 damage). A fairly solid gear set will put you at about 200 base damage, which means the +6 damage will be worth about 3.0%.

Epona's, on the other hand, will -not- give you its full benefit, since two triple attacks will cap at +3 attacks instead of +4, and is generally devalued based on how much DA/TA you already have. Overall average puts it a very small bit ahead of a Stormsoul if Saber Dance is down, or a similarly very small bit behind a Stormsoul if Saber Dance is up.

Overall, I wouldn't bother with the inventory +1 of a second Stormsoul for this use case. You still want at least one Agi ring to use in place of Rajas, though.

On Houyi vs Justiciar, if you get all 6 points of base damage from the 6 Agi, or you're already capped on fStr, Houyi basically ties with Justiciar. If you don't then Justiciar's is a small bit ahead (a larger difference than the Stormsoul vs Epona comparison).
    (0)

Character
    Doctorugh
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ok, in reguard to epona's worth, here is a more detailed post.

Ext is a 4 hit (+1 DW) giving essential 5.0 ftp. Excluding the epona's, I have 9 DA in my setup which translates to the first 2 hits giving and average of 5.18 fTP

Eponas give a 3% chance to TA (+0.06), leaving 12% of the remaining 97% for 12 DA (+0.1164)
    On the second attack of the WS, There is a 97% chance that the TA did not go off the first round, so its total value is a little less (+0.0582, instead of 0.06), again leaving 12% of the of the remaining 12 DA (+0.1164).
    Additionally the 3% TA would become a double attacK (i think) if TA had proc'ed on the first hit (+.0009)

5.3519/5.18 = 3.32%

Basically, if you have eponas and dont feel like spending 1mil for a side (or lower) grade, use it.
    (0)
    Last edited by doctorugh; 01-23-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Messing around with the spreadsheet, tested average Exenterator damage with some combinations of head/body.

~561 attack
    1) Ocelohead+1/Toci's => 1359
    2) Ocelohead+1/Athos => 1356
    3) Cuauhtlihead+1/Athos => 1355
    4) Ocelohead+1/Denali => 1339

~654attack (Bison Steak)
    1) Ocelohead+1/Athos => 1606
    2) Cuauhtlihead+1/Athos => 1601
    3) Ocelohead+1/Toci's => 1595
    4) Ocelohead+1/Denali => 1583

I found the results surprising, wasn't expecting Toci's to perform that good.
    Oh, of course these are the results with my setup, which is far from being optimal.
    Here are the details of the rest of my gear:
    Main: Lux Pugio
    Off: Twilight
    Ranged: Thew
    Neck: Houyi
    Ear1: Brutal
    Ear2: Aesir (@low attack this is ok, @higher attack rates even a +2 agi performs better, so goes without saying that +3agi or +4agi should be the winner here under all conditions)
    Hands: Charis+2
    Ring1: Epona's
    Ring2: Solemn
    Back: Atheling
    Belt: Anguinus
    Legs: Tumbler's
    Feet: Athos

As far as the spreadsheet goes ALL buffs were turned off except for Haste Samba (which doesn't affect WS damage anyway), 12/12 STR merits, 0/8 Dagger merits.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Zhronne, your conclusions are consistent with our quasi-mathematical analysis here

I was surprised @ Toci too.

Question, what DEF value were you using for the enemy? VS. DC mobs in Dynamis, 654 attack is actually pretty low, I think.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I was using the standard "Fodder" option from Motenten's spreadsheet. That's fine for EP mobs, but that's definitely not enough for DC ones indeed.
    On EPs I was easily spiking 2,5k, on DCs my damage was like... half of that? Eyeballing of course, haven't parsed or anything but spikes were really small.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    About half sounds about right on DCs assuming RCB. Berserk takes care of it for the most part, though.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I was using Bison Steak, not RCB, and no Berserk since I was DNC/00 in party with friends. I always go DNC/00 in Dynamis if I'm with a friend. If I have to solo I usually go BST/DNC
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I usually go DNC/WAR and WHM/THF. The <1% white proc rate isn't worth the reduced efficiency to me.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Would you say the gear changes at all if you're using something like, say, Dragon Soup? I get one for free every week from my kitchen in my MH so.

Also, what would be best set up for Externator in abyssea? I'm thinking Gnarled horn + omega + apoc?
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast