Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    ok lets simply go back to suggestions to fixing VWs loot system

"Add Item to Loot Pool"

could people still sell drops again? yes, is it the end of the world? HELL NO

this would fix people getting drops they will never use (Like me getting a mage body) and fix people getting duplicates

and, it would be balanced, real balance
    (6)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think you should eliminate the situation where you have 'stronger jobs'. What is the point of talking about balance if you are going to leave the jobs unbalanced. It's very contradictory. People would bring what they like to play if whatever they liked to play was actually as powerful as everything else in one fashion on another. Seems relatively blunt and simple, but you should really take a second to realize why this is so important. It may affect the future of your game.

Also, the ability to give my lucky drops to people would be appreciated. I received a deluxe animator after 3 runs of a mob. I can't just hand it to my friend who is a dedicated PUP. Do you have any idea how much of a dick that makes me feel? 'Oh sorry buddy, this loot system is just going to rub how lucky I am in your face and there is nothing I can do about it.' I am legitimately a social and caring individual who plays with several hard working friends. It's really not cool that I can't give things I don't want to people that do want them. That is part of the point of team work, is helping each other out.
    (5)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 01-19-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Only not fun if you're bad at it? So you enjoy casting such almighty spells as BLASTBOMB? Grow up kid. Yeah, I LOVE constantly resetting spells and being completely crippled.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As a side note, being rude to me or other members of the team is not going to help your case or make the development team look at these points of concern any quicker. Please try to keep your comments on target without being rude or offensive.
    Bravo Camate. Bravo.
    (2)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Problem 1: certain VW fights arent repeated, nor have been done at all by some players, while some get constantly repeated. Why is this?
    First, SE made it that people can "help" without having proceeded through previous content. Thats like being able to do CoP dynamis without having done CoP...
    Second, low tier NM drops are AHable, therefor people can merely buy desired drops from the AH. Supply will hit general market. rare/ex drops pretty much go to where they fall, and with some people having an obvious luck stat, some people tend to get 2-5 rare/ex item while some people go 0/300. Thats why some fights are repeated and some fights arent.

Problem 2: theres too much reliance on temps, especially fanatics/fools drinks.
    Yeah...cause the mobs have something like 200khp and can constantly deal out 1.5k damage at will. This comes back to the stupid statement of "abyssea was a mistake"...but it seems that the SE devs found it necessary to rehash mob damage capabilities from abyssea. We dont have 2.5k hp anymore, my thief has 1468 hp as thf/dnc. The solution to "everyones TPing in haste gear and destroying things fast" shouldnt be "lets force everyone to constantly wear max pdt available, since if they dont they'll get 1shot".

I'm aware you cant really answer this, and I've never fought the mob, but I've read about it on community sites...How is anyone supposed to survive Rex's chainspell meteor without Fool's Drink?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nynja; 01-19-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybernetic_Empire View Post
    I think a ton of frustration and ire could have been avoided if this response had been given a month and a half ago or more. You may have passed on the fact that the drop/chest system is near universally hated to the devs and received word back from them that it was being discussed. However, of all the community rep responses regarding VW, not once was it stated that this was the case. So from our point of view the number one concern surrounding VW was that it wasn't being understood or just straight up ignored.
    Oh it was discussed... They said no, because then somebody could amass all the loot for themselves. God forbid somebody get 90 logs, how are you even supposed to hold all that crap much less multiple fights worth? And it completely misses the fact that you can't force somebody to pass anything to you anyway. If somebody gets a Mekira and wants to keep it then by all means, but when the MNK/DNC main gets one or I go 3/4 on Athos's Gloves it's just wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    I think you should FIX BLUE MAGE WHAT THE HELL BLUE MAGE IN VW IS THE LEAST FUN THING EVER HOLY SHIT.
    It's not so bad now that I don't have to set spells every time a proc comes up. Still annoying, but BLM is arguably much worse. At least I can still CDC things most of the time. Being able to contribute with spell utility as well would be fantastic but one thing at a time I guess... if it ever happens, they've sure made it a pain to use magic on high level NMs. Fodder onry my ass.

And wow, forgot I had this open for quite a while >.>
    (4)
    Last edited by Nightfyre; 01-19-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Only not fun if you're bad at it? So you enjoy casting such almighty spells as BLASTBOMB? Grow up kid. Yeah, I LOVE constantly resetting spells and being completely crippled.
    Just because you don't know how to play the job doesn't make it any worse in VW. You should not be relying on spells at all, with 3 or 4 fights out of the several dozen available being exceptions.
    (0)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 01-19-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    While I agree that my post was strongly worded, it was hardly rude.

It is however frustrating when the thread is about "The Voidwatch drop system" specifically, and titled: "Seriously, VW loot system..come on." and none of the responses form the community team have anything to do with the topic: "Voidwatch loot system". It's a little irksome.

And then ask "please give us feedback"? It comes off a little rude.

Forgive me if my words cut a little close to the bone. It's not my intention to 'shoot the messenger' by any means. But when you've told the messenger repeatedly what to say and he comes back with everything but what you asked for. With no indication that the messenger has asked what your entire group has asked... It looks a little suspect. There's only so much stuff that can happen before you start to wonder if it is perhaps the messenger.

My humble apologies Camete. Nothing personal.

In the future, if you're responding in a thread specifically discussing a specific issue, would you be so kind as to address that issue in your opening comments just to acknowledge you're on the same plane as us?

There have been a number of these threads, and it does get frustrating; and it's not all voidwatch. There was a thread about, specifically, 'Corsair Shots' where the community rep response was all about Corsair Rolls, and had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

The impact of an action like that supersedes your intent.
    (8)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Pigmoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Trust me when I say that I understand what your major concerns are and that discussions are taking place about them. However, when the team outlines other areas of adjustment, it does not mean that ways of improving what you care most about is not on their radar.

As a side note, being rude to me or other members of the team is not going to help your case or make the development team look at these points of concern any quicker. Please try to keep your comments on target without being rude or offensive.
    np, apologies for before.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Second, low tier NM drops are AHable, therefor people can merely buy desired drops from the AH. Supply will hit general market. rare/ex drops pretty much go to where they fall, and with some people having an obvious luck stat, some people tend to get 2-5 rare/ex item while some people go 0/300. Thats why some fights are repeated and some fights arent.
    I agree with the rest of your post but this is flawed. People still woudn't do the fights that they don't do already. In fact by not having the this it would mean even less people fighting it more then once or twice to help those that need the fight to progress.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ravenmore; 01-19-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast