Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    OH

MY

GOD

Yes please and thank you!!!!
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    OH

MY

GOD

Yes please and thank you!!!!
    This so much.
    (7)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    It's a nice addition really... ^^

And that brings a new motivation and economic feature, selling Tickets (and that's a personnal reward too )
    (2)

Player
    A step in the right direction, but the following makes me apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy![*]In the event that a rare/ex item drops to you when you already possess the item, it will be possible to exchange that item for a ticket (name pending)
    Does this mean that in order to get a ticket, we will have to hold onto items we don't need or want?

For example, if I get a body piece that I will never ever use, I can't give it away, but if I put it in my mog safe then the next time I get one in my chest it will provide me with a ticket instead. However, if my inventory space is limited and I can't afford to hold onto a body piece I'm never going to use, I will simply keep tossing them as I get them and receive no benefit at all from this proposed change to the loot system.

This also fails to fix the problem of "I want to give that cool item to my friend so that they can use it".
    (3)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Howdy!

I bring some news regarding the Voidwatch loot system, which I think you all will appreciate quite a bit.

The development team has been well aware of all of your frustrations when you friend hears you receive an item that they have been after for some time, but you are unable to pass it to them and have no choice but to toss it.

They have been looking into adjustments to the reward system extremely carefully to preserve the benefit of each person receiving a personal reward when participating, instead of having to lot against others. As a result, they are thinking about implementing the below type of system.

• In the event that a rare/ex item drops to you when you already possess the item, it will be possible to exchange that item for a ticket (name pending)
    • Once you obtain a certain amount of these tickets, it will be possible to exchange them for a rare/ex item of your choice.
      *There will be different types of tickets for different items and you will need to collect the respective ticket for the item you would like.
      *The required number of tickets is still being looked into and there is a possibility of change, but currently we estimate it to be about 5~6.
    • Tickets will be tradable and sellable.

The development team feels that this will not destroy the meaning of having personal rewards, and though the drop rate balance will not be changed, even if you continue to have bad luck obtaining the item you wish, by collecting the tickets from your friends you will eventually be able to obtain the item.

Since there are a lot of rewards items, meaning a large amount of tickets to be created, we will start off by looking into implementing the hard to get items first. Please understand that it will take some time before this is all implemented.
    Definitely a good 1st step towards what the overall playerbase wants and to resolve the frustrations the userbase have regarding this event.

However, what about to those of us who are just pure bad luck. What about giving each player (or maybe player who just rejected their entire chest) either the same or 'lower valued/tier' ticket item so that we can still benefit from the VW work. The problem many of us are having isn't that we're getting 2nd or 3rd ra/ex but we're just not ever getting any ra/ex and are only "rewarded" with Logs and Ores which most people dont even bother to take them out of the chest anyway.

I definitely can at least live with having the dev's proposed change but would the dev also consider those are us who are 0/250+ on ra/ex at all on many NMs. If those 250+ run would each resulted in 'something' that can be used towards the ra/ex item, then it certainly would keep people (like myself) for just giving up the event altogether.
    (7)

Character
    Zubis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pretty good solution actually. Dare I say it - balanced?
    (3)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Howdy!

I bring some news regarding the Voidwatch loot system, which I think you all will appreciate quite a bit.

The development team has been well aware of all of your frustrations when you friend hears you receive an item that they have been after for some time, but you are unable to pass it to them and have no choice but to toss it.

They have been looking into adjustments to the reward system extremely carefully to preserve the benefit of each person receiving a personal reward when participating, instead of having to lot against others. As a result, they are thinking about implementing the below type of system.
    • In the event that a rare/ex item drops to you when you already possess the item, it will be possible to exchange that item for a ticket (name pending)
    • Once you obtain a certain amount of these tickets, it will be possible to exchange them for a rare/ex item of your choice.
      *There will be different types of tickets for different items and you will need to collect the respective ticket for the item you would like.
      *The required number of tickets is still being looked into and there is a possibility of change, but currently we estimate it to be about 5~6.
    • Tickets will be tradable and sellable.

The development team feels that this will not destroy the meaning of having personal rewards, and though the drop rate balance will not be changed, even if you continue to have bad luck obtaining the item you wish, by collecting the tickets from your friends you will eventually be able to obtain the item.

Since there are a lot of rewards items, meaning a large amount of tickets to be created, we will start off by looking into implementing the hard to get items first. Please understand that it will take some time before this is all implemented.
    This is really improved, however I think it should definitely be something like "Convert to ticket" instead of receiving the item, because if a mage body appears I do not want it, I just want to toss it, so I think even the first useless armor piece should be able to be to be a ticket it, as well as repeats to body pieces you did need and keep

all in all this is a huge step in the right direction, and if it gets modified as I suggested here itd pretty much be perfect
    (10)

Character
    Dramatica
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 94
    This just basically fixed VW. Thanks for finally listening dev team!
    (4)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    ALSO, 1 ticket = 100 HMPs? PLEASE!!!!

with the drop rate of bodies dropping I don't think 100 is even unbalanced either
    (4)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Does this mean that in order to get a ticket, we will have to hold onto items we don't need or want?

For example, if I get a body piece that I will never ever use, I can't give it away, but if I put it in my mog safe then the next time I get one in my chest it will provide me with a ticket instead. However, if my inventory space is limited and I can't afford to hold onto a body piece I'm never going to use, I will simply keep tossing them as I get them and receive no benefit at all from this proposed change to the loot system.

This also fails to fix the problem of "I want to give that cool item to my friend so that they can use it".
    Do you use your storage, probably not...nows a good time to make use of it.

And why would you toss something with a .05% drop rate that falls to you?
    (4)

Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast