Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    Great change if they do it right.
    (4)

Player
    i'm just excited that they buckled on this issue /dance1-4, i can foresee some issues with selling rare ex drops via tickets but TBH thats 1000% better then good drops going to the void/wrong person.
    (1)

Player
    Voidwatch where you WATCH the VOID take the items you want. After 3 parts of Voidwatch we are finally turning the tides of the void's power.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Finally some good news after the relic stuff.
    (2)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This is definitely an improvement - although not perfect (which would be allowing us to drop items to the pool...) - people also might just stockpile their own tickets for future use / other pieces... semi-defeating the purpose. But it is an improvement.

As far as Heavy Metal Plates go - I'm all for making them easier to get, more common, or lowering the amount needed - but I'm a tad bit against having them buyable with tickets - just because it would really defeat the purpose of helping friends get items... That's my "nice" side talking...

My greedy side says "screw everyone if I can turn tickets into a Lv. 95 or 99 empyrean..."
    (6)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    This is definitely an improvement - although not perfect (which would be allowing us to drop items to the pool...) - people also might just stockpile their own tickets for future use / other pieces... semi-defeating the purpose. But it is an improvement.

As far as Heavy Metal Plates go - I'm all for making them easier to get, more common, or lowering the amount needed - but I'm a tad bit against having them buyable with tickets - just because it would really defeat the purpose of helping friends get items... That's my "nice" side talking...

My greedy side says "screw everyone if I can turn tickets into a Lv. 95 or 99 empyrean..."
    I would like it if they could find a balanced (my god, that's a dirty word now) way to make the tickets for Heavy Metal Plates drop from the lower tier stuff (remember, it would still take 5+tickets for 1 plate) so that people who are spamming VW for plates could help people who are trying to get clears etc., and people who are after gear / gil from tickets are spamming the top tiers.

I know it's a completely insane dream, but 1500 HMP is lame. I would love it if that trial got easier, while simultaneously helping out the little guys.
    (3)

Player
    Also, consider this via this ticket system BOTH the destruction of item players want (no pool) and the desire for a means of steady progress (point system) have been addressed. A compromise of the direct addition of a place in pool/kill based point system to be sure. But, this way both camps are given something without threatening overall balance issues of surplus items. The system isn't just about making r/x items convert to tradeables it also means if you do want to make use of the steady ticket supply you can use it to get an item you've been wanting. Still cant get over how amazing this is.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Yankeestom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Since there are a lot of rewards items, meaning a large amount of tickets to be created, we will start off by looking into implementing the hard to get items first. Please understand that it will take some time before this is all implemented.
    Please, for the love of God, do not make a different ticket for every item unless you are planning a significant increase in inventory space or additional mog satchels/sacks/whatever. Between geodes, -ites, and 4 different types of seals/crests, we're loaded to the gills as it is already.
    (2)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Why do I think some people are misunderstanding and think you can get a ticket every box without even having any r/e items?
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Sounds like "1 Ticket Per NM" type deal. Or, Its a tier System. I.E You get a Ticket based on the Tier of the item, Not the Specific NM.

For instance, Qilin drops would be tiered like...

Houyi's Gorget - Tier 1 Ticket
    Fajin Boots - Tier 2 Ticket
    Lux Pugio - Tier 3 Ticket
    Coruscanti - Tier 4 Ticket

And Kaggen would be...

Mantis Eye - Tier 1 Ticket
    Phasmida Belt - Tier 2 Ticket
    Mekira - Tier 3 Ticket

And Pil would be like...

A. Chakram - Tier 1 Ticket
    D. Sollerets - Tier 2 Ticket
    Toci's Harness - Tier 3 Ticket
    This broad sort of system seems likely to me because the Development Bros mentioned they disliked how there were "popular and unpopular" monsters in Voidwatch. Also, it would be in-line with the protruding protuberance some developer has for keep rare stuff really, really rare.

Tickets that cover such a broad area would let people primarily fight monsters to help people catch up on needed clears, needed atmacites, etc. and just fight some extras of certain things for a higher chance at desired items.

I'm not counting on this method, though. The Development Bros tend to do things that are more interesting than any idea a player has presented or craft nightmares that trump anything an improperly medicated schizophrenic could imagine after reading the collected works of H. P. Lovecraft. There's no middle ground and there's no way of knowing which is coming.
    (6)

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast