Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[dev1048]nyzul comparison and impressions

I got 3 people together and did a normal nyzul run and then an uncharted run so I could compare the two a little bit.

Went in as MNK99 RNG99 SCH99

the normal nyzul run was floors 96-100

I wanted to see how easy the normal run had gotten now that the level cap wasn't 75.

needless to say it went without a hitch. everything including NMs were easily soloable and the SCH waited by the rune of transfer most of the time to take us up.

We easily took down the floor 100 boss without any problems and then chose go to next floor and did floors 1-3 in the same run as 96-100.

Then we went into uncharted

I didn't expect to get far because there was only 3 of us as opposed to a party of 6 but we did really well.

for the purpose of testing the run out I had us choose go to floor ??? every time. The option made us skip ahead a couple of floors and each time we used it, we skipped more floors than last time (with 1 exception, which I'll comment on in a moment)

We managed to get to floor 35 in one run before we decided to call it due to us being about to time out.

The one time we didn't skip more floors than previously is when it took us to floor 20 where we fought a boss. due to this occurrence, I assume it won't let you skip over boss floors.

The boss was Medusa with a different name ("head boss 18" or something like that) We had a little trouble with her because the SCH only had Cure IV and couldn't cure faster than damage was being dealt to the MNK (me).

MNK died at 10% RNG finished her off, mostly an easy fight.

one weird thing I noticed was that on one of the floors our objective was defeat enemy leader. We found the frog NM (had another weird name like floor boss 8 or something) but he was casting tier 1 spells (namely water and waterga) for 1000-2000 points of damage. I'd be afraid to run into a boss with tier 4 spells, or worse, tier 5.

My one complaint about uncharted is the monster variation on each floor was the same as regular nyzul, nothing about uncharted was new or exciting to SEE except the medusa boss floor. (dunno about you all but I get tired of beating on the same mobs all the time) pretty much ran into draugers, collibri, birds, slimes, and archaic ramparts.

the inconsequential mobs on each floor were still pretty easy, most were soloable if you were careful, some required a very mild amount of help.

rawr
    (4)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Live from Vanadiel, from the makers of kindred crest level cap quests, horrid log drops in WOE and VW, 500-1000 ADL kills for 99 relic, it's your new and revised (took one guy 3 whole days to code it) totally revamped, totally not the same thing from yester year, NEO-Nyzul Isle.

<applause?>
    ....ackward silence, crickets chirping.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I said it a million times, here's a million and one - quality not quanity. Rather have one new neo-whatever that's good, then 10 failures that are sloppy and unorginal.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Also, the reason the frog was doing so much with teir I spells is the same reason shantotto does so much in ToAU mission: they are much faster to cast than the higher teir versions, and there's just something quirky and funny about seeing a black mage cast a teir I spell for ridiculous amounts of damage.

I don't think mobs casting teir Vs would do much higher damage than that frog, so no worries there. ;3
    (1)

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Frogs have Int of 999 ^^

Smart little buggers those vana'deil froggies
    (1)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

They have a secretly advanced civilization hidden in an inter-dimensional time rip that they created them selves.
    (0)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just did a couple runs with a trio (BLU, PUP, PUP) and well theres not much to report on which has changed.

You select a seperate mission from the old nyzul, and you always start from floor 1. You can still select the same temp items for tokens as you could in old Nyzul as well.

We came across the following objectives

- Kill all (avoid gears)
    - Kill the leader (Qirin named "Head 18", probably a place holder name, would drop bombs then run away)
    - Kill family of impossible to gauge mobs (Had Flayers / Flans / Imps)
    - Activate the lights (Specific order, entered with 3 people, had 4 lights to put into order anyway)

So we didnt see any new objectives so far. Once you've completed a floor you can advance by 1 or by ??? floors, we picked ??? every time and it moved us upwards only anywhere between 2-8~ floors from our experience.

We landed on floor 5 / 10 with nothing special on them. And the highest we got in any run before timing out was floor 11.

On one floor we killed Duke Deacon, who dropped a ??? Shield, which appraised to a maghony shield (hot lewt!)

So the only real change we can see is that the mobs are sporting more HP and hit you harder.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Transmit View Post
    Just did a couple runs with a trio (BLU, PUP, PUP) and well theres not much to report on which has changed.

You select a seperate mission from the old nyzul, and you always start from floor 1. You can still select the same temp items for tokens as you could in old Nyzul as well.

We came across the following objectives

- Kill all (avoid gears)
    - Kill the leader (Qirin named "Head 18", probably a place holder name, would drop bombs then run away)
    - Kill family of impossible to gauge mobs (Had Flayers / Flans / Imps)
    - Activate the lights (Specific order, entered with 3 people, had 4 lights to put into order anyway)

So we didnt see any new objectives so far. Once you've completed a floor you can advance by 1 or by ??? floors, we picked ??? every time and it moved us upwards only anywhere between 2-8~ floors from our experience.

We landed on floor 5 / 10 with nothing special on them. And the highest we got in any run before timing out was floor 11.

On one floor we killed Duke Deacon, who dropped a ??? Shield, which appraised to a maghony shield (hot lewt!)

So the only real change we can see is that the mobs are sporting more HP and hit you harder.
    it was duke decapod, yo, and it was like, a week ago XD
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah this was a total copy paste from BG :P
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl