Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Currently we are planning for a 30 minute cool down at first; however, if congestion ultimately is eliminated we are planning to implement a system where we can get rid of the cool down time.
    Where's the dislike button?
    (4)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Everybody stands around forever after something anyway.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    I understand the why; it's just going to be a huge pain and the ass to get 6 people for this... and then have to wait 30 minutes between every run. It's going to make groups difficult to manage, either shout groups or even static groups. Nobody is going to want to stand and wait in front of the door for 30 minutes.

I can't really offer any suggestions off the top of my head, other than to make more instances of the zone, and make the other events more appealing at least so not everyone is flocking over to nyzul.
    Anyone trying to make a mythic will be interested in this, since they're adding alex to it.
    (0)

Character
    Mindi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Anyone who complains about a 30 min cooldown NEVER did Nyzul Isle back at 75 when it was kinda new... the Zone can only take a few groups... and it was a pain in the ass to get into it, especially in JP Time (and Cerberus was allways a Server with lots of Jap)... Depends how many will do Neo Nyzul Isle but when its just half of the Number of groups who went at 75 i am happy about this 30 min cooldown.
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Currently we are planning for a 30 minute cool down at first; however, if congestion ultimately is eliminated we are planning to implement a system where we can get rid of the cool down time.
    Is there anyway to implement a dynamic cool down system for this sort of thing? It might be congested the first week or two, but there will be busy hours later on... perhaps it would help if there was a system that detected congestion with a variable timer on reentry. You could also apply such a timer to other assaults too - they'd rarely be affected but it would allow the dev team to lower the timers for assault tags since it wouldn't be the only method to control congestion, allowing more people to enjoy the content while having minimal congestion issues.
    (2)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Four hours to burn through four tags rather than two hours? Makes sense to me...
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    this works out perfectly for my shell actually(at a lot others in my age group i'd imagine), we're a 6 man shell with about 2 1\2 hrs to pay during the weekdays. enough time for 1 dyna and 1 nyzul during the week
    (1)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindi View Post
    Anyone who complains about a 30 min cooldown NEVER did Nyzul Isle back at 75 when it was kinda new... the Zone can only take a few groups... and it was a pain in the ass to get into it, especially in JP Time (and Cerberus was allways a Server with lots of Jap)... Depends how many will do Neo Nyzul Isle but when its just half of the Number of groups who went at 75 i am happy about this 30 min cooldown.
    Not sure what you meant, I was there when it 1st came out and my set was doing Nyzul 4x a night on Fri/Mon ~9:30/10:00 pm EST.

There might be some lag issue near the entrance but other than that, there's no big issue at all.

This is supposed to be a new event, if SE hasn't learned their lesson and make this instanced in such a way that it can take in many concurrent run then they have failed harder then even the VW failed drop rate. There's absolutely no reason for us to have to deal with a 30min wait cycle anymore especially given the fact there's the tag wait time in place already and it would restrict people to a max of 4 run in a row already.
    (0)

One option to counter congestion would be to systematically manage the order of entry — Specifically, an idea we had was that when there is a request, the order will be looked up to reserve an entry time, but we ran into the following issues:
    • As a specification for assaults, the entry times are shared with other assaults
    • If Nyzul Isle areas were used in missions and such, the reserved entry time is not guaranteed
    • If the area is bugged, the reserved entry time is not guaranteed

As a result, we cannot provide a reliable entry time, so we decided against this idea.

It would be best if it would be possible to fundamentally eliminate congestion and we are continuing to look into ways to do this. However, finding a simple solution is easier said than done, since all of our options require a complete overhaul of the server program, which will take a long time.

We feel that not releasing new content for several months while the server program is being reworked would be a bad result for everyone involved, so we will continue to search for a fundamental solution, while we make slight adjustments as necessary to alleviate server stress. One of our temporary solutions is the idea shared in this post.

With the current waiting time setup, we are aware of the fact that players may still have to reserve a time even during non-congested times and we decided to make the waiting time system flexible, so that it is only applied when the area is congested. We are doing our best to take in player feedback to provide the least stressful playing environment possible, so we hope you understand the reasoning behind our current direction.
    (5)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Bayohne: Unless I'm mistaken, Nyzul Isle Investigaiton didn't have any sort of severe congestion issues when it was new. On top of this, there are way fewer people milling about in Aht Urghan. I cast doubt on 1) congestion being any worse than when Nyzul was new and 2) that any special measures are needed to address it, simply because these measures were never needed before, and there are fewer people now than then.
    (4)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast