Are they finished with war?

3 nerfs now (2 being tested still, which might end up harder nerfs when properly added)

So, looked over the numbers on the test server and it seems they nerfed war down quite a bit...but it didnt change the dominance of Ukon war and it's still very powerful compared to everything else.

So the question is, if the nerfs as they are now on the test server carry over to the live server as it is, do you think this will be the last of it? Personally I don't think this is the end of war nerfs, if I'm honest I think the test server nerf will infact be worse when they add it to the live one.
    (1)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's very depreasing, I have both SAM and WAR, was hoping to build relic GS for drk and war and am doing empyrean for sam. As it is now I feel like i'm wasting my time on everything. New ws are as good as empyreans, war gets retardly nerfed 24/7, I dont understand why the balance is so screwed up. The face that fudo is a waste now with the merit ws and unko is getting snuffed is amazingly short sighted.

If SE wants a time sink why cut the balls off the stuff people sink time into? Wouldn't it make sense to have empyreans head and shoulders above merited weapon skills, not this close in damage potential?

I'm feeling sick from 11 and am telling my static that after this next round of empyreans I'm done for awhile, I don't see the point in doing as many empyreans as I once wanted.

There's no endgame, it's just grinding, and at least before the grinding meant a great reward to use when they released new endgame, now it's just like why bother doing anything. Hell, look at the requirements and the sub par rewards for 99 super weapons, it's mind blowingly unrealistic.

As a non-unko war and not wanting to be one, I am still heart broken by all the BS, obviously pro SAM, anti-war nerfing that is occuring, because sc and insane storetp and other abilities sam has isn't enough apparantly.

PS: lol, at least I didnt trade my gems in yet, I wanted wildfire anyway.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 12-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    It's very depreasing, I have both SAM and WAR, was hoping to build relic GS for drk and war and am doing empyrean for sam. As it is now I feel like i'm wasting my time on everything. New ws are as good as empyreans, war gets retardly nerfed 24/7, I dont understand why the balance is so screwed up. The face that fudo is a waste now with the merit ws and unko is getting snuffed is amazingly short sighted.

If SE wants a time sink why cut the balls off the stuff people sink time into? Wouldn't it make sense to have empyreans head and shoulders above merited weapon skills, not this close in damage potential?

I'm feeling sick from 11 and am telling my static that after this next round of empyreans I'm done for awhile, I don't see the point in doing as many empyreans as I once wanted.

There's no endgame, it's just grinding, and at least before the grinding meant a great reward to use when they released new endgame, now it's just like why bother doing anything. Hell, look at the requirements and the sub par rewards for 99 super weapons, it's mind blowingly unrealistic.

As a non-unko war and not wanting to be one, I am still heart broken by all the BS, obviously pro SAM, anti-war nerfing that is occuring, because sc and insane storetp and other abilities sam has isn't enough apparantly.

PS: lol, at least I didnt trade my gems in yet, I wanted wildfire anyway.
    *Cough*
    Dishonest statement is dishonest.

The Emp vs Merit WS debate depends on the WS involved. Merit sword WS sucks vs Emp, hell it sucks vs Vorpal. Emp staff WS sucked along with club WS. Merit club ws is decent but hexa is generally better. GS emp WS was bad, better then SSlash but still crap compared to UF and the rest, so obvious the merit GS WS is better. Merit Scyth WS sucks, Emp scyth WS mostly sucks. Emp GKT WS was so-so, better then Y/G/K most of the time but no where near UF and it's ilk, thus merit WS blows it out of the water. GAXE merit WS is slightly better then RR but UF crush's it completely. Same with the H2H vs Victory Smite. Dagger emp WS sucks for DNC and BRD but is amazing when stacked, Merit dagger WS is best non-stacked dagger WS. Then you have Dragoon who got their Emp WS at 75 with Drakesbane.

So as you can see, depending on your job / situation different WS's are better then others. Mostly the merit WS suck, their the same as or a few percentage better then your 75 era WS selection.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    *Cough*
    Dishonest statement is dishonest.

Dagger emp WS sucks for DNC and BRD but is amazing when stacked, Merit dagger WS is best non-stacked dagger WS.

So as you can see, depending on your job / situation different WS's are better then others.
    This right here, from your own quote, says that you partially agree with what I said, just because I didnt go into detail you understand were I'm coming from. If I listed every ws with an agruement I'd be on the forum still and not able to enjoy the holiday. So please, next try, dont act like others are dishonest and then proceed to agree to some of the statement. You mentioned that unstacked merited dagger ws is the better than empyrean, hmmmm. Sounds like what I said just using different examples.

<cough>

I asked that super weapons stay super, and not have avergae joe's ws eclipse that, reguarless of the situation when we are talking pure ws damage. I can understand using a ws for an effect, but having merited dagger out do empyrean if it's unstacked is one of many examples that this is unbalanced and SE chooses to gimp war and buff sam, and ignore cloudsplitter, make junky empyrean polearm and scythe. The list goes on longer than that.

Btw, did you think the new merited polearm ws was for drg or for sam? Because only one of the two jobs benifits the most from it, and it's not drg.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 12-26-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.