Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

For the new merit weapon skills........

Would it be better to go say the TP bonus weapons or say the trial weapons that boost the attribute of the weapon skill like VIT or STR? I understand that this pretty much depends on your gear, but say you have decent enough stat boosts from gear, would the stat boosts from the weapons be more beneficial then say a TP bonus weapon? Or better yet, at what point does a TP bonus weapon outshine a magician trial weapon that boosts a stat for a weapon skill or does it trump them now? Thanks in advance.

Not really interesting if this applies to tachi shoha as I heard the keinotachi or whatever is the route to go in that case lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Akutenshi; 12-24-2011 at 03:52 PM.

You're not going to get an across the board answer to a vague question.

Pick a WS, then ideally pick a gear set to use for it, and then ask a more specific question and people would be better able to get back to you.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I think he wants to know what is better between a TP bonus or a stat +11 ToM weapon for the new WSs.
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    depends on the WS in question.
    (1)

Depends on the WS. Depends on the target. Depends on your gear. Your buffs.

You won't get a worthwhile answer to a vague question.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    More information is required.
    (1)

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well, I guess there is no easy answer lol Lets just say you have best in slot item for gear and their ws mods. In a "perfect" scenario if you have best in slot items (twilight head, chest or grim and other random pieces that if don't have a decent amount of stat boost have say att/acc instead) would it be beneficial to take the magician trial stat weapons that would further benefit the weapon skill mod or say would the TP bonus be a better weapon? Lets also say you have weaponskill gorgets and belts as well. I mostly play two handed classes so information would mostly be for them if possible please. Any other information on one handers would be appreciated too.

Say if your doing VW, which would be better if you have perfect gear as the weapon choice. Lets just say you have generic buffs such as haste. Is that better? Going from the answer to this I can make an educated on how to gear and whatnot. Thanks for taking the time to read, suggest, and answer everyone.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akutenshi; 12-25-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Look, I don't think you're properly understanding just how much information you seem to be asking for all at once. I don't want to just throw an answer at you without actually sitting down and verifying it, but I need to have something concrete in front of me to verify. You seem sincere, and I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but I want to be sure that any answer I give you is correct.

Since you mentioned Voidwatch, we can go ahead and assume that the target is moderately high level. Let's say a Lv:106 target with 560 Def, 470 Eva, 120 Vit, and 120 Agi for defensive stats. Now what we need are the player's numbers. This is the information we need from you. I need to know what job/WS in particular, one at a time, as well as all of the gear you're using for both the TP and the WS phase. I'll also need the stats of the final weapons you want to compare if they don't happen to be on the wikis.

Basically, I'm asking for hard numbers so that I can give you a concrete answer. Saying "The best gear" doesn't really do much for me, as well-intentioned as it may be, because I don't know what the best gear is for jobs I don't play off the top of my head. I can compare pieces against one another with predefined gearsets because I have a working knowledge of damage mechanics and some awesome calculators, but I'm not confident in my ability to whip up ideal TP or WS sets for jobs I've never touched.

Summary: I want to answer you, but I need concrete data. Please choose 1 WS first, and post complete gear sets for both TP and WS in order to run the calculations. I'm not going to make fun of you if the gear isn't perfect. I just want to give you a realistic and correct answer.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have a good understanding how Torcleaver works so I was wondering about using Resolution and Entropy as Drk. As War I planned on getting Upheaval too, I just don't have it leveled just yet. Can you use these base stats just for the sake of the math? I'd use my Torcleaver setup since the mod is Vit for it and War can use most of my Torcleaver gear.

TP:

Str:89 + 19
    Dex:87 + 9
    Vit:93 + 7
    Agi:84
    Int:91
    Mnd:75
    Chr:77

Head: Bale Burgeeonet +1
    Neck: Chivalrous Chain
    Earrings: Brutal and Centaurus
    Body: Bale Cuiras +1
    Hands: Bale Gauntlets +1
    Rings: Raja's and Keen
    Back: Atheling Mantle
    Waist: Headlong lol
    Legs: Jingang Hose
    Feet: Ace's Leggings
    Grip: Pole
    Ammo: Fire Bomblet

Gear for Entrophy I'd use:

Neck: Shadow Gorget
    Body: Grim Cuisass
    Rings: Snow ring and spiral ring
    Waist: Pennitants belt
    Legs: Bale Flanchard +1
    Feet: Bale Sollerets +1

Stats would be with WS gear:

Str:89 + 37
    Dex:87 + 4
    Vit:93 + 5
    Agi:84 + 4
    Int:91 + 26
    Mnd:75

Attack 623

Scythe: Reckoning 119 Damage Delay 528 TP + 100
    Scythe: Absolution 132 Damage Delay 513 Int + 10

Resolution I'd have for ws:

Neck: Soil Gorget
    Rings: rajas and spiral ring
    Waist: Sentry Belt
    Legs: Bale Flanchard +1

WS Stats

Str:89 + 52
    Dex:87 + 9
    Vit:93 + 5
    Agi:84 +
    Int:91 + 12
    Mnd:75 + 7

Attack 610
    Espafut + 2 118 damage delay 466

Lets just use my drk stats if I did use Upheaval on my Drk and used a Vit Build how would it fare? I could use this info for War when it's fully leveled:

Head: Varanigan Helm
    Neck: Light gorget
    Rings: rajas and spiral ring
    Waist: Warwolf Belt
    Legs: Jingang Hose

Str:89 + 52
    Dex:87 + 10
    Vit:93 + 21
    Agi:84
    Int:91 + 12
    Mnd:75 + 7

Lets say I had the War GA for the sake of the math:

Atlas: damage 124 delay 482 vit +10
    Sumeru: damage 110 delay 488 TP bonus + 100
    Elephas Axe of AH: Damage 109 delay 504 accuracy +4

I'm going to say 620 ish attack as an estimate?

I hope this is enough info for you to use. I tried to include what you asked so you wouldn't have to check each piece of gear and stats to make it a little easier for you. Thanks again for taking time to go through and give me advice. I can put merits into whatever stat would benefit the weapon skills as well. I have them in INT right now as I play mostly mage jobs or bst. If you suggest I should put them for the weapon mods or for the sake of math then go ahead and assume I put them in there to make it easier for you. Thanks again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akutenshi; 12-25-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Both entropy and resolution have variable ftp depending on tp, so a TP bonus weapon would affect both of them. They aren't large ftp mods but they likely carry over across all hits which adds up to a decently large bonus. I rarely play melee so check me on this, but I think elemental gorget/belt would be ideal for both of those. As for weapon I don't know but TP bonus wouldn't be a terrible option (i think)
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 12-26-2011 at 02:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast