Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Re: [dev1064] Job Adjustments: Weapon Skills

The only thing I have to say about this to SE is thanks for !@#$ing up the hard work that so many player around the world put in to these weapons. And on top of that Thanks to SE for letting someone who ruined their name try to redeem themselves by managing a old game with a solid fan base which he has successfully started to kill off one class of players at a time.

So sense your are destroying the melee weaponskills is there any chance you (SE) are going to "fix" the mage classes because if you do... then I mine as well stop now and move on
    (0)

Character
    Rogues
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    not gonna happen
    (0)

Character
    Brotherhood
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Dear SE:
    Take a Gun, Put it in your mouth, and Let me pull the trigger for you. You sick Fuks, I hate this May as well lower the damn Level cap and Make us level 50 again, Why do people with power seem to have the crappiest Ideas. Crit hits = higher damage, You want us to hit for less, and Take ten times more damage???? I think you need to be beat within an Inch of your lives Stupid Monkeys!

Yours Truly
    Brotherhood
    (3)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    None of you tested it right now but you rant on it.
    Sorry but why don't just shut up and play a different job, if the announcement that the developer is about to change something from job X. You should be more upset about the allready overpowered SAMs who got pampered their ass again.
    (0)

Character
    Rogues
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    playing all 20 jobs and hate whenever they di stuff to any job... and sam being overpowered.. we have this issue since start and nothing happens, but making other jobs weaker... that's the way to go!
    (2)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rofues View Post
    playing all 20 jobs and hate whenever they di stuff to any job... and sam being overpowered.. we have this issue since start Aug.2007 and nothing happens, but making other jobs weaker... that's the way to go!
    sam was weak before
    (0)

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    When? As long as I remember SAM was a good DD.
    And with every patch for SAM the job became more and more derailed.
    Today - SAM has 2 mini 2h, a TP gain far beyond everything so he only needs 3-4 swings per WS. And with the new WS, even a gimp SAM can outperform anyone.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ihnako; 12-27-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    When? As long as I remember SAM was a good DD.
    And with every patch for SAM the job became more and more derailed.
    Today - SAM has 2 mini 2h, a TP gain far beyond everything so he only needs 3-4 swings per WS. And with the new WS, even a gimp SAM can outperform anyone.
    Um No.

People really need to stop hating on things they don't understand.

Shoha is just an upgraded Gekko and thus shared all the great things about Gekko, and also shares the negatives to Gekko. Having an attack bonus means you don't need to worry much about attack, having a high STR mod means you just pile on STR gear and then more STR gear. Being a one hit (or 1+1 for Shoha) means acc isn't an issue due to the acc bonus on first hit of all WS. Combine these together makes a WS that is ridiculously easy to gear for. But this WS has a very low fTP mod.

1.375 at 100%
    2.15 at 200%
    2.65 at 300%
    Then add 1.0 for the additional hit. Due to the large jump from 100 -> 200 TP it means you need a TP Bonus GKT to see the most out of it, just like Gekko. And to top it all off, it means buffs do nearly nothing for you. Additional attack and crit won't enhance your damage, but they will enhance WAR / DRG / MNK and to some extent DRK's damage. So while an unbuffed SAM with Shoha will beat an unbuffed WAR / MNK / DRG / DRK, the moment you start throwing buffs into the mix that SAM hits a glass ceiling that they can't go beyond. It got so bad that at 75 super SAM's started using Penta as their WS of choice (even on non-colibri) due to it scaling with buffs better then Gekko.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ass backwards way of thinking.

If my victory smite was pretty much always capped in attack, I'd be happy as fk, as well as any other job w/ any other ws.

Basically
    Person X: needs buffs, temps, etc. cap their damage
    Person Y: Does not need such things to cap their damage

Person Y is not the one w/ the "negatives"

Now, if their attack cap was lower than other jobs, that'd be one thing, but being able to reach that cap more easily and with less items/buffs is a good thing, not a bad one.

Then you have things like Hasso

Hasso: 10% haste, takes 0 gear slots
    Black Belt: 12% haste, takes 1 gear slot.

I'd trade being able to equip a black belt for hasso any day, but now I'm working my way off topic.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Ass backwards way of thinking.

If my victory smite was pretty much always capped in attack, I'd be happy as fk, as well as any other job w/ any other ws.

Basically
    Person X: needs buffs, temps, etc. cap their damage
    Person Y: Does not need such things to cap their damage

Person Y is not the one w/ the "negatives"

Now, if their attack cap was lower than other jobs, that'd be one thing, but being able to reach that cap more easily and with less items/buffs is a good thing, not a bad one.

Then you have things like Hasso

Hasso: 10% haste, takes 0 gear slots
    Black Belt: 12% haste, takes 1 gear slot.

I'd trade being able to equip a black belt for hasso any day, but now I'm working my way off topic.
    If your VS had capped attack you would be blowing everything else in the game out of the water, including Shoha.

It may have capped attack, but the fTP is low. The whole point of that is that with appropriate buffs, other jobs will surpass the Shoha SAM as the SAM gets nothing from those buffs. Basically SAM is a poor mans DD, capable of high damage at a low cost, but quickly reach's the cap on it's potential while other jobs can go even higher.

Now stop hating.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast