Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Okay, much better. Thank you.

For Entropy:

I have STR Scythe > INT Scythe >>> TP Bonus Scythe pretty much across the board. The attack is still relevant on pretty much everything outside Abyssea.

For Resolution:

Same deal, I have STR GS > TPBonus GS. The difference gets lower inside Abyssea where you have mountains of Str already and Attack is devalued, but I don't have it ever losing to TPBonus outright.

A recommendation for both WS is to shoot for the Elemental Belt to pair with the gorget, since these WS have very unique fTP properties. Since their fTP carries over to all hits, the relative value of gorget/elebelt skyrockets on them, so they're pretty much the best pieces for the slots they're in.

Upheaval: Again, same deal. Str weapon beats out Vit weapon, which beats out TPBonus. However, I don't have elemental belt winning for this one because it does not share the same fTP properties as the other 2 WS.

It's also worthwhile to mention that, for Upheaval at least, the VIT weapon also has PDT on it so it allows non-Bravuras to come closer to capping PDT while maintaining capped Haste in TP. If you're going to be taking a lot of physical damage, this GA just may be more useful even if it's not stronger outright. That will depend on how you plan to use it, mainly.

This is a good resource for general gear comparisons, essentially a calculator. Credit to Motenten/Kinematics, he's the original author and keeps them updated regularly. If there's any gear that's not listed as an option, you can just replace an existing piece's stats in the Gear Lists tab - Note, however, that you should not try to add additional lines as this will break the spreadsheet.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    For adding additional gear, if you use insert on a line in a category that is not the first and last item in a category (ie. Ammo category has 3 items, use insert above the last item and below the first), you can add equipment without breaking the sheet. Any other way will cause an error. Also, make sure if you change an item's stats, said item is not listed as equipped on the gear sheet, as this will cause an error as well until you remove it.
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Okay, much better. Thank you.

For Entropy:

I have STR Scythe > INT Scythe >>> TP Bonus Scythe pretty much across the board. The attack is still relevant on pretty much everything outside Abyssea.

For Resolution:

Same deal, I have STR GS > TPBonus GS. The difference gets lower inside Abyssea where you have mountains of Str already and Attack is devalued, but I don't have it ever losing to TPBonus outright.
    Can you give me your point about ToM weapon "weapon skill damage +10%" for the same comparison please ?
    The more damage you deal, more is the bonus, so, is it worthwhile ?
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would not of thought of the STR weapons could make that much of a difference. Thank you for pointing that out. I think that goes to say that I should merit STR then as well as I am starting to do more stuff outside abyssea now that my time permits so once I upgrade my gear a bit. I will shoot for the belts that effect weapon skills too. On my warrior I think I will go for the VIT GA for the reasons you pointed out. Thanks again for making this all clear and answering.
    (0)
    Last edited by Akutenshi; 12-26-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Since I already had the TP bonus scythe path worked on I went for that and noticed a big difference in Entropy damage with just a weaponskill gorget and the scythe. Even more so damage with the belt. I think if you stack the weaponskill gorget, the, belt, and the TP bonus scythe it would be much more better then the 10% scythe. I was thinking about going with that scythe at one point but I'm glad I didn't.

Just a thought as well if you have the TP bonus scythe or weapons and atma of the smiting blow, your 100 TP turns into 300 TP. I've noticed an sizable increase in damage when I went with that atma with the TP bonus weapon.
    (0)

A big difference compared to what? TP Bonus scythe mathed out pretty awful overall, especially since I was calculating overall damage rather than per-WS damage (which is an unimportant number to begin with).

Smiting blow also raises the problem of over-TP'ing, as any TP over 100 is wasted, and there's no way it will beat out Alpha&Omega/Apocalypse/Razed Ruins for overall damage.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Unfortunately I do not have Apocalypse yet so I was using usually A&O, smiting blow, and either VV or Razed Ruins. I ended up getting all three scythes cause I was bored and I had them started so figured why not. Overall you were right about the STR scythe. I have the best results with that one outside aby. Between the INT scythe and the TP Bonus one I always got more higher numbers with smiting blow with the TP bonus scythe then with the INT scythe.

Once I got the weaponskill belt I did notice that the INT scythe did get closer and sometimes comparable damage. I took out smiting blow and used MM just for the INT bonus and the numbers with that one wasn't so bad either. If I ever get around to getting apocalypse and finishing up the last few missions for the TP bonus earring I probably wouldn't used smiting blow and stick with the INT scythe and better atma. Just depending on what I'm doing or soloing or whatever switching up the atmas isn't too bad. Overall I'm happy with the numbers 3-4k+ with spikes that can be higher. Nice change if your bored with GS.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2