Player

Gungnir's Aftermath

It gives Aftermath: Shock Spikes.

The Shock Spikes deal 14-18 damage, even on the level 95 version. The Shock Spikes almost never proc stun on anything above EP.

Awful. Terrible. Worthless. Lame. Worst aftermath effect ever.

Suggestion: Replace this aftermath with: "Additional Effect: Damage varies with Wyvern HP."

Efffect: With aftermath on, attacks have a 10-15% chance to add non-elemental damage equal to 1/4 of the Wyvern's current HP, similar to Excalibur.

Animation: An enthunder animation, to keep the lightning/thunder theme of Gungnir's lore/history/mythology.

This changes Gungnir's Aftermath form being a passive/defense boost and makes it more offensive. Also because...SHOCKSPIKES?! REALLY?! COME. ON.!!!
    (6)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If I had a dime for eveytime someone pointed out to SE "what were you thinking?" I'd own SE and fire the people making these horrid decisions.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Relryc
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    oh god yes please, SE rethink Gungnir's shock spikes aftermath, and the AGI mod on the WS too while you're at it. Thunder is always ALWAYS related to DEX in ffxi, why would a WS that gives shock spikes be AGI based? I really hope the 99 relics and their corresponding aftermath's are rethought thoroughly being that only maybe 3-4 actually make sense/somewhat decent.
    (2)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah your right shock spikes is the worst aftermath in the game, should replace with break spikes or something way more powerful than that shock spike trash
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Yeah your right shock spikes is the worst aftermath in the game, should replace with break spikes or something way more powerful than that shock spike trash
    It doesn't matter what you call it or what it does, if it never procs...

If we're coming up with ideas for it, how about Plague Spikes (no TP gain on hit, one tick duration) with a 10% proc rate?
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"