Thread: Cloudsplitter

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Cloudsplitter

Hey everyone, first post here. Would like to say thanks to square for allowing us to play on their test server and anyone else who was involved with this project.
    I've been mainly testing out items for beastmaster in hopes of seeing some light shed as to what is in the future.
    I've come across a problem, I've noticed that both Onslaught and Primal Rend outdamage Cloudsplitter even with half decent gear, and that both Guttler and Aymur totally destroy Farsha in the ground, not only because of their base damage and additional effects/hidden effects (that are practically always in effect).
    Now I understand that Relic weapons are supposed to be the best at the end of everything, but I can't help but notice that Farsha fails at even being worth called any type of "Special" Weapon not only against its kindred (Relic and Mythic) But, if you stick to just using Rampage or Ruinator, you'll pull more damage initially and over time and still not come anywhere near close to comparing with Guttler or Aymur.

So my question to SE is, was Cloudsplitter an error in judgement, will it be fixed, or is it going to stay just as it is?

On a sub note, in order to keep empyreanw weapons up to par with their relic counterparts will the aftermath effect be occasionaly deals triple damage?
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The aftermath effect will probably retain ODD status due to one thing people tend to not take into account: ODD procs at over double the rate of OTD when active and can activate on all hits with relic OTD/ODD/2.5x can't do (and even if it could, it would still not be nearly as strong as ODD aftermath). The reason behind this is that Aftermath on Emp last 30 seconds @ 100% with 30% activation rate, 60 seconds @ 200% with 40% activation rate, and 90 seconds @ 300% with 50% activation rate. Even with a sever adjustment to lower the overall activation rate due to limitations such as WS use, down time when gaining TP initially, and other negative status effects to potentially bring this down to being on only 18% of the time the ODD out damages an OTD by ~3-5% since it can proc on all hits of the weapon when relic OTD can't.

I will admit that the Cloudsplitter is lacking however, and could use a potential adjustment to up the utility of the weapon. I just wanted to point out that the ODD aftermath, which can proc on all hits of that weapon, is significantly stronger than an always active OTD with 13% activation on only the first attack of every round. This means if the Aftermath was changed to OTD it would need to be revamped from the ground up in duration and activation percentage or it would be incredibly unbalanced even against other Emp weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    comparing the 3 weapons on test server: Farsha is a big let down. Up until level 90 it is much quicker to make, however afterwards it is much more challenging. Frankly, the performance of Farsha compared to guttler or Aymur, and the cost of making one makes it not worthwhile at all.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Keinn
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Farsha/Cloudsplitter always been a failure, but SE has already replied to the JP forum that its basically working as intended. You can get 4-5k damage out of it in abyssea my sacrificing your damage atmas with MAB ones, which is fun for sure, but not beneficial as far as being a better damage dealer.

For now, the only reason to make one is for the novelty or a great weapon to brew things with.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    yeah, and you can do the same thing w/ primal rend w/out bothering to get farsha... it just put it in a new light when you could compare guttler, aymur and farsha back to back.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--