For some reason, the main Forums button in the top portion of the main Playonline page causes the Internet Explorer to believe the new tab created is a Pop up. If the user has Pop Ups disabled, it will not display the forums without further action.

An option bar appears at the bottom of the window with a button that says "Allow Once", plus some other options. I use the "Allow Once" button so that I can see the forums without changing the permanent configurations so that I may see if the situation changes on subsequent uses. Once I have clicked the "Allow Once" button, the Forums button is able to create a new tab with no problem until the browser is closed.

This "Pop Up" message usually does NOT occur on various links to specific forum items located elsewhere on the main page. It also does NOT occur on a similar button in the top part of the main page for the FFXIV Lodestone.

It would be nice to have some consistancy on this, tho I also don't know enough about how web pages work to know if it's an easy fix to make the button work in a way that IE does not think is a pop up to be blocked. It is done successfully elsewhere on the page. I don't know why IE doesn't like it on that button.